Vanilla-Chocolate Twist Mafia

iLikeToSnipe

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Mggh, I'm fairly certain I ruined this gambit from the start by claiming to be a watcher. 

But in all seriousness I'm still a completely vanilla role with absolutely no actions, or am I? :v

If you claimed tracker, my response would've been the same. No matter what it's a suspicious claim last minute, if anything you would've claimed it earlier. The person's claim I want to hear the most is Cat5's though. But your response, even if you're lying makes you seem more Mafia. If you were Town, you would've been better off to press the claim into some sort of bullshit to try and get me lynched to get rid of the Doctor and then proceeding to win.

If you're not Town, then the only one remaining would be Cat5. Although wouldn't it be crazy if Sunflower was actually Town, but threw Orange under the bus to get a 100% cover? Not saying that's the case since they would've probably won earlier without it so it doesn't make sense, but it'd be a neat play.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

If you claimed tracker, my response would've been the same. No matter what it's a suspicious claim last minute, if anything you would've claimed it earlier. The person's claim I want to hear the most is Cat5's though. But your response, even if you're lying makes you seem more Mafia. If you were Town, you would've been better off to press the claim into some sort of bullshit to try and get me lynched to get rid of the Doctor and then proceeding to win.

If you're not Town, then the only one remaining would be Cat5. Although wouldn't it be crazy if Sunflower was actually Town, but threw Orange under the bus to get a 100% cover? Not saying that's the case since they would've probably won earlier without it so it doesn't make sense, but it'd be a neat play.

To be fair, if you had killed Jeod it would only make sense for you to push for a Category 5 lynch today, since me and Sunflower are basically 100% cleared. :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

To be fair, if you had killed Jeod it would only make sense for you to push for a Category 5 lynch today, since me and Sunflower are basically 100% cleared. :v

You pushing for Orange a little bit does not make you 100% clear >.> You and Cat5 are about 40%/60% right now. He's higher because I'm suspicious about his silence claim. This is a basics game, silencing is not a basic role.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

You pushing for Orange a little bit does not make you 100% clear >.> You and Cat5 are about 40%/60% right now. He's higher because I'm suspicious about his silence claim. This is a basics game, silencing is not a basic role.

A little bit?

Just now, Shade939 said:

By all rights, we can probably get away with a No Lynch today, since we eliminated Orange who had a day kill.

I thought of that too. The only problem would be if the scum have a dayblock or some other ability that stops someone from voting. But I guess it doesn't seem super likely in a basics game.

Just now, Shade939 said:

A little bit?

Yeah, you started a train based on a "slip" but that quickly fell off. The annoying part is that Cat5 also agreed with you about why you suspected Orange.

You tried to change the vote to Jeod last minute while Cat5 tried to change the vote to No Lynch.

That with the silence ability gives Cat5 the edge when it comes to suspicions.

I think maybe we should go No Lynch, that'll give us another night for investigations, while potentially....

Just now, Shade939 said:

By all rights, we can probably get away with a No Lynch today, since we eliminated Orange who had a day kill.

ninja'd

...preventing the NK.

On 5/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, TheIrishman said:

I thought the game was going to end if Orange flipped Mafia because I miscounted the amount of people left. Btw, iLTS, sorry if I'm backseat modding but you should post everybody alive when doing a CVC instead of just the people who voted. It makes things a bit confusing otherwise.

I'm not sure why you think I don't have what I have but my role is limited. My doctor ability is only 2x use, my other ability is bodyguard which is 4x use. I decided not to use them for the first two nights in hopes that they'd help us win in the end. Now that there's only 5 people left my gamble seems to have paid off, with 2 Mafia members protected during both nights (one being a cop), it's almost a guaranteed win at this point. The only thing that could mess this up is a roleblocker.

Sigh, now if only this wasn't such a weak claim to make.

4 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I think it's time to ask for a full roleclaim from everyone.

He thinks it's time for a full roleclaim, but isn't willing to tell the truth about his own role.

4 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I know what I did so I don't understand why I have some explaining to do?

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Who did I visit then?

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Notice during this questioning that he never answered the Shade's original question. He never verified what he did last night, because he does not want to be caught lying about what he did. He has to be careful because he still doesn't know what my role is, which I am going to continue to keep him in the dark about. I can cause him trouble, leave no doubt about that. I just need to keep him guessing in which way I can give him trouble. He's got less options next time, so I don't think I'll fail again.

TheIrishman is the only reasonable suspect. Shade and OrangeP47 put up way too much of an argument with each other for them to be teamed, and I'm not conspiratorial enough to think Sunflower pushed OrangeP47 under the bus just to win the game alone. We already have the link between OrangeP47 and TheIrishman through the fact that OrangeP47 was apparently aware that Theirishman was around more than it appeared to us.

I agree with the idea of going for a nolynch. It certainly can't hurt. I don't think anything could change my mind outside of a surprise town result on Shade. A Mafia result on TheIrishman would actually not be a surprise.

Why do I say that? Because OrangeP47 didn't kill Sunflower.

OrangeP47 had to think he was going down. And he also had to think there's likely a protective role in the game. If he's got a daykill and a claimed cop and he's going to get lynched anyway, he should kill the cop! But he didn't do that, and that just begs the question: Why?

And my answer is that OrangeP47 didn't think his teammate needed to worry about the cop, and went doc hunting instead. Why wouldn't his teammate need to worry about the cop? Perhaps because his result will come back Mafia instead.

Yeah, I can picture any number of ways for Sunflowers cop report to be thrown off tomorrow, so I'm not really disinclined to actually lynching TheIrishman today based largely on meta arguments, this basically reminds me of Star Wars Mafia when Irish is very thorough in his defense, and he's really the only player I haven't gotten any Mafia reads outside of his role claim which honestly sounds fabricated.

##Vote TheIrishman

14 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

OrangeP47 had to think he was going down. And he also had to think there's likely a protective role in the game. If he's got a daykill and a claimed cop and he's going to get lynched anyway, he should kill the cop! But he didn't do that, and that just begs the question: Why?

And my answer is that OrangeP47 didn't think his teammate needed to worry about the cop, and went doc hunting instead. Why wouldn't his teammate need to worry about the cop? Perhaps because his result will come back Mafia instead.

I could see that happening but I'm confused about why you want a nolynch if you think my result might end up losing the game for us? It's a pretty convenient argument too. Yesterday, Jeod said he thought there wouldn't be any godfathers in this game.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I could see that happening but I'm confused about why you want a nolynch if you think my result might end up losing the game for us? It's a pretty convenient argument too. Yesterday, Jeod said he thought there wouldn't be any godfathers in this game.

Sunflower, you remember those charts Category 5 posted a while back about how he's keeping track of the interactions for everyone.

How could I forget? :p

That took some effort to put together and keep track of, plus by showing them off to everyone or voting for a no lynch day one, he's not exactly been helping out Town.

Just now, Shade939 said:

That took some effort to put together and keep track of, plus by showing them off to everyone or voting for a no lynch day one, he's not exactly been helping out Town.

That's true but he's also asking us to believe he was silenced and is suggesting that Irish is a godfather before even knowing the report on him.

That's true but he's also asking us to believe he was silenced and is suggesting that Irish is a godfather before even knowing the report on him.

Or maybe Category 5 is actually a miller, there are standard mafia roles in this game that give the opposite alignment result to cops.

In the end though, I'm basically going with my gut, which hasn't let me down so far this game. :v

A nolynch would give us more info even if my report is wrong though because we'll know if someone got killed or not and who it was. The only risk being if scum have some dayblock stuff. Also starting to wonder if you're worried I might investigate you Shade. :P

A nolynch would give us more info even if my report is wrong though because we'll know if someone got killed or not and who it was. The only risk being if scum have some dayblock stuff. Also starting to wonder if you're worried I might investigate you Shade. ?

To be fair, I'm still expecting I'm going to be the target of the NK here, and I admit I do prefer to be come out of this game alive. :v

Plus it does help that if we lynch today then we don't actually give Town a chance to perform any last minute tricks.

I'm really kicking myself for not investigating someone else last night. I was going to and then changed my mind at the last moment because I decided to trust my gut instead. :(

Pretty certain Jeod throws everyone off. :v

And then Irish on the other hand comes up with basically full proof defenses when he's Town that can't be disproved and have no gaps in them at all. So I really suspect that's what's going on here given how specific his role claim is, and how neatly it excuses his actions so far.

49 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

He thinks it's time for a full roleclaim, but isn't willing to tell the truth about his own role.

Notice during this questioning that he never answered the Shade's original question. He never verified what he did last night, because he does not want to be caught lying about what he did. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. He accused me of doing something suspicious which I didn't, so I had to verify what he thought I did. He has to be careful because he still doesn't know what my role is, which I am going to continue to keep him in the dark about. I can cause him trouble, leave no doubt about that. I just need to keep him guessing in which way I can give him trouble. He's got less options next time, so I don't think I'll fail again. Um...I don't care. It's not that I don't care what your role is, but at this point we essentially have a 50/50 shot of winning, so I don't care.

TheIrishman is the only reasonable suspect. Shade and OrangeP47 put up way too much of an argument with each other for them to be teamed, and I'm not conspiratorial enough to think Sunflower pushed OrangeP47 under the bus just to win the game alone. We already have the link between OrangeP47 and TheIrishman through the fact that OrangeP47 was apparently aware that Theirishman was around more than it appeared to us.

I agree with the idea of going for a nolynch. It certainly can't hurt. I don't think anything could change my mind outside of a surprise town result on Shade. A Mafia result on TheIrishman would actually not be a surprise.

And my answer is that OrangeP47 didn't think his teammate needed to worry about the cop, and went doc hunting instead. Why wouldn't his teammate need to worry about the cop? Perhaps because his result will come back Mafia instead. Like Shade and Jeod said, there shouldn't be a Godfather for Town nor would it make sense (especially because KY was the Don and already killed). Also if Town already infiltrated to the level of being the top, then they'd already be in control of the Mafia.

I don't know of there are notifications in this game like the last one, but I ended up only using my Doctor ability on Sunflower. I say only because I was initially going to use my Bodyguard ability on her and Doctor myself, but I had doubts that it'd work like that.

I guess one benefit of his claim is that even if he's scum he's pretty much forced to not NK me because if I died, it would mean his doctor claim was bogus. So I'd be able to do my investigate action again.

OTOH, it's the perfect argument to make to try and get a No Lynch if that's what you want. :v And I don't put it past Irish, so he can probably take my suspicions as a compliment all things considered.