[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

Ugh Retal. You just can't let me have a little fun can you? :P

Yes, I had the typewriter, and yes I tried to pass it and used it at the same time. I actually just wanted to pass it at first, but then Nodlied told me that I could use it if I wanted to so informed the world about our glorious eating habits. I'm clearly the abolishionist. Who else would expose mayo noshing for all to see?

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

Ugh Retal. You just can't let me have a little fun can you? :P

Yes, I had the typewriter, and yes I tried to pass it and used it at the same time. I actually just wanted to pass it at first, but then Nodlied told me that I could use it if I wanted to so informed the world about our glorious eating habits. I'm clearly the abolishionist. Who else would expose mayo noshing for all to see?

But what about the syndies? Do they eat the goulash?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

But what about the syndies? Do they eat the goulash?

Three reasons in no particular order.

1) I wanted to see how people would react (I even brought this up as the reason why I nominated FRAYDO yesterday because he was like the only person who was even remotely concerned about them).

2) I was hoping to give us a reason to unite around strengthening the military rather than having faction clashes on politics - on the first day, I thought that politics would be status quo vs pluralism and economic/military would be other things. You can go back and check if you like.

3) It made me laugh.

7 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Btw Retal. Santa Claus just put you on the naughty list.

It's flavorful. Anton Bibescu is on every woman's naughty list /s.

I'm very much the kind of person who will never pick up on subtext. All this confusion over factions started to annoy me more than Orange entertained me.

They are the same though. Abolishment is abolishment. Syndie is just a name. It says right in the rules that abolishment is one of the things people can have. It doesn't matter if they abolish it to seize the means of production or to create the Theocratic Republic of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

Also, y'all didn't even care about the article yesterday (or today) until now where you are suddenly pretending to care. That's why I tried to pass it off because it wasn't any fun when no one even acknowledges it.

We have a lot to unpack.  While realistically for the time period, we'd only have limited entertainment such as your newspaper, this is really like the era of cable TV where we can flip it to pay per view Shade Television.  Maybe consider taking him on as a sports writer ;)

Though I will admit, I did kind of suspect it was Sunflower, because I'd previously mentioned my distaste for the Hungarian Language and goulash in particular.  Seeing it at day start did give me pause for a moment, like it was some kind of code word.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I honestly just thought it was part of the flavor of the game and didn't pay any attention to it on Day 1. It wasn't until this last one that I even noticed it, though I didn't see anything of substance that was worth talking about.

Syndies would be a legit threat.

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We have a lot to unpack.  While realistically for the time period, we'd only have limited entertainment such as your newspaper, this is really like the era of cable TV where we can flip it to pay per view Shade Television.  Maybe consider taking him on as a sports writer ;)

Well I don't have it anymore. So I guess you'll just have to get your entertainment somewhere else.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Syndies would be a legit threat.

Of course, but I already figured they would be part of the Abolitionist group. In the Darkest Hour code there is a Danubian Union so imagine Syndies could try to Abolish the monarchy along the way. Since Syndies are indeed the main threat of Kaiserreich, it just seems natural.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Of course, but I already figured they would be part of the Abolitionist group. In the Darkest Hour code there is a Danubian Union so imagine Syndies could try to Abolish the monarchy along the way. Since Syndies are indeed the main threat of Kaiserreich, it just seems natural.

Eh, I'd take that as more of a pluralism thing, as abolishment seems to be kind of an independent state things.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Ask Retal. :P

And I'm not talking about the typewriter. Santa Claus is my role.

I'm imagining Retal as your little elf, and you actually have him steal all the gifts and then you redistribute them.