[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

2 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##reform political

##nominate nobody

##investigate Retaliation

rgeSMgp.png

40 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Off topic, but I'm about to buy Hearts of Iron IV as a self-indulgent birthday gift in case anyone wants to play.

Good game. :v I would play but it is a bit late here. That said, try playing around and finding some good strategies. IIRC, we were meant to do a MP game once this forum game is over.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You sure sound like it, yeah. I've been wondering for a while now how an Abolishment team is supposed to achieve their objectives when the reforms don't seem to directly help them.

To be fair, given how the game is set up it woudln't make any sense for the Abolishment party to be as easily found as seeing who voted for the Abolishment objective.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, given how the game is set up it woudln't make any sense for the Abolishment party to be as easily found as seeing who voted for the Abolishment objective.

That's true, although until we saw the second list of reforms, I didn't think the choices were going to be this obvious as far as effect.

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

There's also the problem that Jeod isn't the only one who can switch his vote, and it's in the Abolishment parties best interest to maintain the stale mate between the two side as they try to start a civil war. After all, if both sides are equally as powerful as each other when a civil war starts, that increases the odds that both sides will wind up taking each other out allowing the Abolishment party to win.

This is indeed true, if your theory about the Abolishment party is correct. No matter which soft I vote, quo or pluralism, it will force them to guess an option to maintain the tie, if they can even maintain it with an extra player voting soft. I like Snipe's offer, but it needs some ironing out. We can use it for more than one angle.

5 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Well, I'd rather go to the vault. My action costs PP and decreases stability. If Jeod is the Doctor, he only has 2P, which means if he wants to protect someone while voting he can't do anything in the vault. If we send him to the vault, it'll be preventing our doctor from saving lives unless he chooses not to follow through with iLTS's offer.

##nominate TheIrishman

There isn't any reason to protect anyone yet, since there are no death mechanics until a civil war begins.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

This is indeed true, if your theory about the Abolishment party is correct. No matter which soft I vote, quo or pluralism, it will force them to guess an option to maintain the tie, if they can even maintain it with an extra player voting soft. I like Snipe's offer, but it needs some ironing out. We can use it for more than one angle.

That's probably a fair point, it's not as easy to balance the votes if you were already voting for one of the soft options in this case, which would be the safest option for them to have voted for previously.

Just now, Jeod said:

I feel it can be too easily manipulated.

If you mean using me as a middleman for somebody else's deal, I definitely agree. But I would have no "ill will" against you if you turn the deal down and vote whatever you want to. I'm not going to strong arm you into doing something you don't want to.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

If you mean using me as a middleman for somebody else's deal, I definitely agree. But I would have no "ill will" against you if you turn the deal down and vote whatever you want to. I'm not going to strong arm you into doing something you don't want to.

We're still not 100% certain if there's an 'Abolishment Party'. It could be a scare tactic or it could be real, but I think there's more to the details. The primary idea, when stripping away all the fluff, is that you've got a radical voter willing to vote a soft option. If there is a party that wants to maintain a tie, then knowing which option I'll vote for easily allows them to continue a tie and perhaps force an event. However, by not knowing which soft option I'll vote for, they have no way to plan anything.

If this is a Shadespiracy, then you still win by having a radical voter go soft. Orange could watch me to see how I vote, but that ruins the point of your bargain. You want soft pluralism to win. So, we need to add another element to the mix somehow to maintain the randomization of the soft option.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

We're still not 100% certain if there's an 'Abolishment Party'. It could be a scare tactic or it could be real, but I think there's more to the details. The primary idea, when stripping away all the fluff, is that you've got a radical voter willing to vote a soft option. If there is a party that wants to maintain a tie, then knowing which option I'll vote for easily allows them to continue a tie and perhaps force an event. However, by not knowing which soft option I'll vote for, they have no way to plan anything.

If this is a Shadespiracy, then you still win by having a radical voter go soft. Orange could watch me to see how I vote, but that ruins the point of your bargain. You want soft pluralism to win. So, we need to add another element to the mix somehow to maintain the randomization of the soft option.

Now, here comes the obvious question of why do you need to be nominated for the vault in order to carry out a plan that should already be in your own best interest?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Now, here comes the obvious question of why do you need to be nominated for the vault in order to carry out a plan that should already be in your own best interest?

Because of how I've been treated thus far, and because I'm interested in the game mechanics.

The first post is pretty upfront about there being an abolishment faction. There is hiding information about additional parties, and lying about the existing ones in a mechanics focused overview. One is expected and one is the purview of bastard mods. 

15 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I honestly have no clue what you're going on about with how you've been treated.

I haven't been taken seriously at all the entire day despite trying to scumhunt and call out things that look weird. I've posted and been ignored. I've had to claim my ability because a select few people refused to quit being stubborn. Visiting the vault is, to me, compensation as well as a possibility to gain additional protection--plus it allows me to verify claims of those who've already been nominated.

17 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The only things in the vault are going to be a radio and sunflower‘s item. I don’t see how either of them will protect you.

The radio, if it's true that scum desire it, will be leverage. If they kill me while I have it, then they won't be able to acquire it (I assume). There are also apparently medkits in the vault. Having one might grant me a BP power, who knows.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

latest?cb=20170807194123

Fiiine take your walky talky if you want it so badly. The only condition attached to my vote is that you don't accept any deals and vote however you want. If you do accept a deal, I'll use my other PP to withdraw my vote.

##nominate Jeod

I'm not sure why the frames in that gif are all showing, but it's nice to see you've adopted an Ace Attorney persona.

10 minutes ago, Jeod said:

The radio, if it's true that scum desire it, will be leverage. If they kill me while I have it, then they won't be able to acquire it (I assume). There are also apparently medkits in the vault. Having one might grant me a BP power, who knows.

Irish took the medkits and i believe killers took any items last game.