[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

We already know there are 3 factions/objectives: Status Quo, Pluralism, or Abolishment. These have sub objectives: Reform and/or Civil War. 

I think it's worth mentioning though that the distribution is probably not equal on the sub objective (and that "through any means" exists too not just reform and civil war).  Abolishment probably has to be 100% civil war wanters, whereas I'd assume a lot of Status Quo are reform.  Pluralism is probably a more even mix.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

We already know there are 3 factions/objectives: Status Quo, Pluralism, or Abolishment. These have sub objectives: Reform and/or Civil War. 

He's saying I'm not Abolishment. Time to investigate your scummy ass this time, pal.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

He's saying I'm not Abolishment. Time to investigate your scummy ass this time, pal.

TBH, what he's saying is that you don't have any threatening abilities, which by proxy kind of implies you're a reformer.  Nuance, people :P

But still, Retal's been a good boy with voting, I'd rather investigate someone else this round, maybe even Cat 5 as that would in some ways save me from having to check his voting tonight.  I don't believe he's said if he's innocent or suspicious though.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH, what he's saying is that you don't have any threatening abilities, which by proxy kind of implies you're a reformer.  Nuance, people ?

But still, Retal's been a good boy with voting, I'd rather investigate someone else this round, maybe even Cat 5 as that would in some ways save me from having to check his voting tonight.  I don't believe he's said if he's innocent or suspicious though.

Retal is using manipulative language in his posts and votes pluralist, and he's suspicious, and he's a thief. He's definitely worth investigating.

Just now, Jeod said:

Retal is using manipulative language in his posts and votes pluralist, and he's suspicious, and he's a thief. He's definitely worth investigating.

Who said he votes pluralist? Also, if you missed the memo, pluralism isn't a universal bad :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH, what he's saying is that you don't have any threatening abilities, which by proxy kind of implies you're a reformer.  Nuance, people ?

On 7/27/2018 at 4:38 PM, Retaliation said:

Little advantages like knowing other people's statuses but keeping your own under wraps add up. 

It's suspicious btw.

It's suspicious was meant to be read "My status is Suspicious".

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Who said he votes pluralist? Also, if you missed the memo, pluralism isn't a universal bad :p

It's bad from my perspective, and that's a smaller point compared to: he's suspicious, a thief, and uses manipulative language. Investigating him would not only guarantee evidence, I'd wager he has other stuff on him as well.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It's bad from my perspective, and that's a smaller point compared to: he's suspicious, a thief, and uses manipulative language. Investigating him would not only guarantee evidence, I'd wager he has other stuff on him as well.

He seems genuine in his logic about why he thiefed Sunflower, and she doesn't seem to mind (honestly makes me pretty curious about what the item is).  I assume most people are suspicious, and innocents are rare, and we should at least survey other options.  Lastly, I think he's just being cheeky, not manipulative.  I mean, the few times I've directly interacted with him in the past this game it was fairly easy to poke him right back.

From my point of view, I want to more fully complete the positions map, and I've got Retal already pegged as a good boy.

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

To clarify when you say suspicious, are you referring to my status or how I've been playing the game?

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

He seems genuine in his logic about why he thiefed Sunflower, and she doesn't seem to mind (honestly makes me pretty curious about what the item is).  I assume most people are suspicious, and innocents are rare, and we should at least survey other options.  Lastly, I think he's just being cheeky, not manipulative.  I mean, the few times I've directly interacted with him in the past this game it was fairly easy to poke him right back.

From my point of view, I want to more fully complete the positions map, and I've got Retal already pegged as a good boy.

Tough luck bud. As far as I'm concerned, my words, my investigation results, your data on me, and KY's data on me make me a "good boy" and thus my efforts to get us out of this tie are warranted.

Just now, Jeod said:

Tough luck bud. As far as I'm concerned, my words, my investigation results, your data on me, and KY's data on me make me a "good boy" and thus my efforts to get us out of this tie are warranted.

For the moment I don't see the need to press you any more, but that could change.  You look like less of a threat now than before but that doesn't mean I'm going to jump in line behind you.  You present an option, but not our only option.

14 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Are you saying that you are not a pluralist?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

For the moment I don't see the need to press you any more, but that could change.  You look like less of a threat now than before but that doesn't mean I'm going to jump in line behind you.  You present an option, but not our only option.

I present the best option, unless you're content to guess that we'll catch a soft suspicious voter and avoid another tie. You have no idea when civil war could be triggered.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Are you saying that you are not a pluralist?

He's already claimed Status Quo.

Just now, Jeod said:

I present the best option, unless you're content to guess that we'll catch a soft suspicious voter and avoid another tie. You have no idea when civil war could be triggered.

We don't know that.  Not all the options have been fully illuminated on the table.  I have an option I've not discussed with the rest of you at all, for example :p  I'm eager to hear from FRAYDO as to what he did before moving forward, and also more from Cat 5, specifically if he's suspicious or not.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm not too familiar with the KR lore behind Austria-Hungary, but I would think that a Galician would not be a supporter of the status quo.

Indeed.  I noted this as odd in one of my night posts, because it is odd.  Maybe a sign we need to think a little creatively with the setup.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Indeed.  I noted this as odd in one of my night posts, because it is odd.  Maybe a sign we need to think a little creatively with the setup.

We don't have proof either way, but the simplest explanation is that Jeod is lying. How heavily was the last game based on lore?

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I was wondering why you didn't say anything about it immediately! Worked out for you I guess. Mind if I share what it is then?

You can if you want, but personally, keeping Orange in the dark about the mystery item he wants to know about so bad is making me giggle.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

We don't have proof either way, but the simplest explanation is that Jeod is lying. How heavily was the last game based on lore?

Orange confirmed N1 that I voted radical status quo. You need to sit down, read, and think before speaking. If I had a gun I'd have shot 3 players already.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Honestly, I'm actually inclined to believe him, because I bet Nodlied did a few clever things to throw us off.

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

You can if you want, but personally, keeping Orange in the dark about the mystery item he wants to know about so bad is making me giggle.

Oh you :p

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm not too familiar with the KR lore behind Austria-Hungary, but I would think that a Galician would not be a supporter of the status quo.

IRL he was also pro independence polish general. I'm not sure exactly what he is in the kaiserriech time.

9 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We don't know that.  Not all the options have been fully illuminated on the table.  I have an option I've not discussed with the rest of you at all, for example :p  I'm eager to hear from FRAYDO as to what he did before moving forward, and also more from Cat 5, specifically if he's suspicious or not.

And if civil war gets triggered by stability dropping below 40%? Are you willing to risk a tie vote by randomly investigating in order to fill out your "ballot chart"?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Orange confirmed N1 that I voted radical status quo. You need to sit down, read, and think before speaking. If I had a gun I'd have shot 3 players already.

What if you're status quo and your secondary goal is to achieve that through a civil war? Or what if you're looking to abolish the empire through a civil war? There is no proof that you are who you say you are. Based on who you are, your actions, and what you've said I'm a little suspicious of you.

Just now, Retaliation said:

IRL he was also pro independence polish general. I'm not sure exactly what he is in the kaiserriech time.

Oh, you actually found stuff on him? I didn't bother, because when I googled myself, only some composer from 100 years previous came up, so I figured the names were made up.

Just now, Jeod said:

And if civil war gets triggered by stability dropping below 40%? Are you willing to risk a tie vote by randomly investigating in order to fill out your "ballot chart"?

I'm fairly confident it wouldn't be that easy to cause civil war.  It is a type of objective, so people will have to WORK for it.  We have wiggle room.