[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

FRAYDO and ILTS, you guys busy. You've both been fairly quiet.

My power has now been out for over twelve hours. Because Michigan, USA is apparently a third world country. Just saving phone battery and sparingly checking in.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Speaking of people who blend in, I'm still wondering why Sunflower would vote for Military reform while remarking on her concern that OrangeP47 wanted that same reform.

Because two people can support something for different reasons and still be wary of why the other person is supporting it. :P Like I said in my post, he just seemed really excited about the military and I wanted to point it out. I was going back and forth between economy and military but I thought we could use a stronger military. AFAIK Austria-Hungary wasn't really known for being an intimidating empire compared to other places like Germany/France/UK.

You know, that made me think.  If we really do have a syndie agent running around, borrowing from Shade's paranoia, maybe their only goal is to cause civil war, regardless of which faction wins after civil war starts.

13 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You know, that made me think.  If we really do have a syndie agent running around, borrowing from Shade's paranoia, maybe their only goal is to cause civil war, regardless of which faction wins after civil war starts.

It might not be super far fetched. There was that thingy about possible infiltrators after all.

(Work is killing me with its hours lately, but it pays the bills and leaves me some extra spending money.)

23 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I trusted you Irish. I trusted you like a complete stranger which is more than I'll trust FRAYDO, but I still trusted you.

You should trust in me if you wish to see the Empire stop declining.

On 7/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, Retaliation said:

Normally silent workhorses only give ~10% bonus PP generation, but this one gives 50%!

Is this benefit for you alone or could you potentially boost someone else's PP? I wouldn't mind the extra PP, assuming I can have more than 2. Since it's not stated otherwise, I have to assume my cap is 2 unless a boost such as yours could go over that.

It's a passive so I have no control over it.

2 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

(Work is killing me with its hours lately, but it pays the bills and leaves me some extra spending money.)

You should trust in me if you wish to see the Empire stop declining.

I will never trust the likes of Kane!

9 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I will never trust the likes of Kane!

kTYK-TUM_400x400.jpg

(Rare image of Kane before being beatdown numerous times by some unknown assailant.)

Once Kane, always Kane? I am quite the charismatic man, but alas I am not the Messiah this time around.

18 hours ago, Jeod said:

I disagree with sending someone on the investigate list to the vault in the same night.

##nominate Sunflower

17 hours ago, Jeod said:

You have that "lead from the fence and agree with town" vibe going for you here. It rubs me the wrong way.

##investigate Retaliation

15 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I guess before camps form more solidly, I at least want to get this out there so it's a viable option.

##Nominate Cat 5

8B0znSA.png

15 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

My power has now been out for over twelve hours. Because Michigan, USA is apparently a third world country. Just saving phone battery and sparingly checking in.

Anything we could do to help in some way or another?

A thought about the walkie talkie, and pure speculation. A walkie talkie is a two-way conversation, so I assume someone here currently possesses one already. I'm to further assume that picking up the walkie talkie from the vault will form a masonry with that other player. Whoever picks up the walkie talkie, I wouldn't so readily trust the receiver being they could be a syndie or otherwise. It may be better left untouched.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

A thought about the walkie talkie, and pure speculation. A walkie talkie is a two-way conversation, so I assume someone here currently possesses one already. I'm to further assume that picking up the walkie talkie from the vault will form a masonry with that other player. Whoever picks up the walkie talkie, I wouldn't so readily trust the receiver being they could be a syndie or otherwise. It may be better left untouched.

This is a good point.  I think subconsciously I was thinking the same thing earlier but the idea never fully manifested.  I will say though, there's no harm in just TALKING to someone, as long as you're aware of the risks they might be a syndie.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

How was the museum Nodlied? We decided to be extra quiet while you visited to reduce your workload ;)

The museum was nice and cool (on the hottest day in Dutch history, so that's nice! :v). Other than that, free entry and an almost free ride to and from the museum made my day even more. Best part about the museum, in my opinion, were the paintings from the 19th century. I like my good old victorian paintings about people and landscapes.

I'm going with ##investigate Jeod and ##nominate Category5.  Reasons for voting Jeod have already explained and primarily based on the potentially hostile Radical vote. Nominating myself mostly because I have slight distrust of Sunflower right now.

As far as reform, the only one I don't want to see is Economic, but I don't care which of the others we see.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm going with ##investigate Jeod and ##nominate Category5.  Reasons for voting Jeod have already explained and primarily based on the potentially hostile Radical vote. Nominating myself mostly because I have slight distrust of Sunflower right now.

As far as reform, the only one I don't want to see is Economic, but I don't care which of the others we see.

Yeah, we need more data on reforms, and seeing another category would help with that.  I'll go ahead and do this.

##reform military

14 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

First, thanks for your support. Thus far, I think everyone who's been on the table for investigation has been willing to state their status in advance. Retaliation, however, has not. Regarding the radio (if the radio and walkie are one and the same and not two separate items), I certainly don't mind using it. I can see two possibilities from your perspectives:

A) Jeod is suspicious-hostile

I have no clue if I can turn hostile, I wasn't told if I have the chance to turn hostile, and I'm not going to play the game as if I can. As far as I'm concerned, I'm "town" and if I do turn hostile somehow, then that's a loss Nodlied will have to accept as I don't play those silly alignment-changing games. That said, if I'm lying about this, then if there is a person on the other end of the line, I'll have no choice but to tell you--and said person would need to corroborate my claim.

With this method, you place the spotlight on two players. That's more information than we have right now and it'll help us in the long run.

B) Jeod is suspicious-town

This is my own perspective, of course, but from your eyes it's a win-win. If I speak to someone, I can form an opinion of them and I'll leave soft clues in my dayposts unless the situation demands that I be more blunt. I've already been leaving crumbs as to my ability, and so far nobody seems to have caught on, so I'm confident in my subtlety.

##nominate Jeod

Also, my victory condition is status quo by reform. Like I said earlier, I opted to start with the chaotic good approach. However, if radical reform is a major concern, I have no problems with voting for soft reform. Orange could even watch me tonight as proof.

Just now, Jeod said:

First, thanks for your support. Thus far, I think everyone who's been on the table for investigation has been willing to state their status in advance. Retaliation, however, has not. Regarding the radio (if the radio and walkie are one and the same and not two separate items), I certainly don't mind using it. I can see two possibilities from your perspectives:

A) Jeod is suspicious-hostile

I have no clue if I can turn hostile, I wasn't told if I have the chance to turn hostile, and I'm not going to play the game as if I can. As far as I'm concerned, I'm "town" and if I do turn hostile somehow, then that's a loss Nodlied will have to accept as I don't play those silly alignment-changing games. That said, if I'm lying about this, then if there is a person on the other end of the line, I'll have no choice but to tell you--and said person would need to corroborate my claim.

With this method, you place the spotlight on two players. That's more information than we have right now and it'll help us in the long run.

B) Jeod is suspicious-town

This is my own perspective, of course, but from your eyes it's a win-win. If I speak to someone, I can form an opinion of them and I'll leave soft clues in my dayposts unless the situation demands that I be more blunt. I've already been leaving crumbs as to my ability, and so far nobody seems to have caught on, so I'm confident in my subtlety.

##nominate Jeod

Becoming hostile doesn't mean you're suddenly hostile or had your alignment changed.

26 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Becoming hostile doesn't mean you're suddenly hostile or had your alignment changed.

For the most part, consider it a representation on if your character can be jailed (eliminated) from the game or not by being investigated.

Sometimes it's rather fair though, for example if you killed someone on the opposite political party then you could be jailed over that now since your alignment should be changed to hostile now.

Also, because ties are more than likely bad, and I don't have any reasoning to not vote for it at the moment.

##reform military

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

It's getting close to 30 hours of no power... Power company says that the power will be on in two hours. For real this time...

Now might be a good time to visit your local library :)

(Though seriously, that sucks.  But check out your library sometime anyway.  Free books)

30 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Now might be a good time to visit your local library :)

(Though seriously, that sucks.  But check out your library sometime anyway.  Free books)

That's the beauty of cellular devices. Been doing some reading and playing boardgames.

Speaking of boardgames, if you like Company of Heroes checkout Heroes of Normandie. We've had a blast playing it here without power.

17 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

That's the beauty of cellular devices. Been doing some reading and playing boardgames.

Speaking of boardgames, if you like Company of Heroes checkout Heroes of Normandie. We've had a blast playing it here without power.

Well TBH, the serious part of me thought maybe the library would have a place for you to charge your phone fore free ;) I know some restaurants and the like get a bit touchy if you don't buy anything.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Well TBH, the serious part of me thought maybe the library would have a place for you to charge your phone fore free ;) I know some restaurants and the like get a bit touchy if you don't buy anything.

The internet there is also free and can be easily used as opposed to mobile hotspots, which are neither!