[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

There is also a potential complication that I imagine Nodlied may have prepared multiple events for each reform, and the results of each might cause things to change.

You mean like multiple outcomes for each night vote option?

Just now, Retaliation said:

I wonder if every option is actually some sort of referendum on status quo vs pluralist. 

At present time, I'd wager there's other things too, but can't be certain until we see at least two categories I think.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

You mean like multiple outcomes for each night vote option?

No, I mean like an event tree, where the chosen option changes what the options will be for the next event. Even a tied vote might do that. Infact, given that the sides have equal numbers I imagine that it was pretty likely that we were going to tie that first vote.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't think there's necessarily a meta pattern, but there could be. I'd still be up for voting military.

And possibly miss out on a chance to use your evidence key to see who votes for the pro-military option?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, I mean like an event tree, where the chosen option changes what the options will be for the next event. Even a tied vote might do that. Infact, given that the sides have equal numbers I imagine that it was pretty likely that we were going to tie that first vote.

Oh, I'd say almost certainly there's an event tree, though the question of what exactly the tie does is open.

It would help protect abolishment players from your all seeing eye though Orange. They can try to subtly influence the vote toward more stability damaging options without being caught as easy.

Eh, I'd say with military at least, stability influence is probably even more obvious.

Just now, Shade939 said:

And possibly miss out on a chance to use your evidence key to see who votes for the pro-military option?

It's a large toolbox Shade.  Unless someone rips the key from my hands, I'll be fine.  We're not working in a vacuum here.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's a large toolbox Shade.  Unless someone rips the key from my hands, I'll be fine.  We're not working in a vacuum here.

Just pointing out you seem to have your own unique victory condition revolving around the civil war it seems.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Just pointing out you seem to have your own unique victory condition revolving around the civil war it seems.

I have a vested interest in the civil war not happening, that's no secret.  There's nothing big and spooky about it. 

Also your leaps of logic are getting even more sparse, because I don't even know what your point was about :P

I think he just knows we're in a position where the civil war can be prevented, and is cocky enough to think he can force his victory condition.

Pointing out that Orange probably loses the game if a civil war happens, so he's going to try and prevent that from happening at any cost, it would also explain why his character started out with an evidence key since he'd basically be more neutral with that victory condition.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Pointing out that Orange probably loses the game if a civil war happens, so he's going to try and prevent that from happening at any cost, it would also explain why his character started out with an evidence key since he'd basically be more neutral with that victory condition.

I don't lose, I just get less points.  Go big or go home :v :p

2 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote on military reforms since that's what I did yesterday and I'm kinda interested to know if the choices will be the same as the economy ones or different choices. Especially since the thing I was worried about at first was having the choices pit the factions against each other and now I know that economy choices do just that.

##reform military

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm all for trying military out this time around.

##reform military

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

I think I'm going back to the jeod investigation for the time being.

##investigate Jeod.

N91AxYG.png

Small heads-up. I'm off to the Reichsmuseum in Amsterdam tomorrow, so if a CVC is required, I'll trust on Voe to do it correctly. (Hopefully)

I'm pretty sure we know what happens when a vote ties: nothing. We already did economy but the vote tied and nothing happened. I think we should try economy again to see if we can get a proper reform passed this time. And I do agree with Shade and Orange in regards to radicalism being almost worthless to everyone who's not in the Abolishment group. The reason being, it'd most likely decreases stability - especially radical pluralism. Secondary objectives are just that, secondary. I think we should come together to focus more on stability as it's the primary goal that matters most.

As for who to investigate, Jeod is a good pick for his choice of radicalism but at this point if you guys want to investigate me, I'm fine with that too.

For nominations, I think Cat5 or myself would be alright. ##nominate TheIrishman

FRAYDO and ILTS, you guys busy? You've both been fairly quiet.

Regarding repeating the vote, unless the options we're given are different than before, it would be a dangerous waste of time.

We don't know which options were tied, and faced with the potential of failing the vote twice, I think the people most likely to switch would be the ones who voted for the safer options moving to the radical options, because failing to do so would risk someone on the other side doing the same thing and bringing the worst possible result.

28 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

That is part of the reason I'm in favor of investigating Jeod today. At the very least we eliminate one radical vote, if not make an example of him for those that consider voting radical.

"An example"? Hah. Night votes are anonymous, there's no point in using a 'warning' as an excuse to investigate me. You'll actually do more harm than good to yourselves.

21 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Not so anonymous that we didn't figure out what you voted for.

You only figured it out because A) Orange happened to spy on me, and B) I was willing to admit it.

You, on the other hand, are more suspicious than I am.