[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And that is exactly why I think you are one of the ones who would vote radical.

I suppose it could be twisted that way, but it's more of a short term vs long term picture.  Bigger bonuses would be nice, but the prize is in the end, and for me, that prize comes through reform. I don't want to jeopardize stability.

8 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Sounds like something somebody not loyal to the empire would say...

Yeah, for some reason, I might be more concerned with players who primary objective is the destruction of the empire, instead of changing it's political system through radical actions...

I also, might be more concerned with a player who visits the vault, and has a night action that they consider to be more valuable than taking an item from the vault, and seems like they could be on a team with Retaliation.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yeah, for some reason, I might be more concerned with players who primary objective is the destruction of the empire, instead of changing it's political system through radical actions...

I also, might be more concerned with a player who visits the vault, and has a night action that they consider to be more valuable than taking an item from the vault, and seems like they could be on a team with Retaliation.

Consider this:  Those who want Independence had no obvious options in the 4 we were given.

Just now, Shade939 said:

So they'd vote for radical status quo?

Perhaps Radical Pluralism would be better, if we assume the indies are Bosnians, Bohemians, etc, but it could just as easily be a Hungarian, who might be looking for a bit of a personal boost.

I'm still kind of confused by the dynamics in this game since this is more first crisis game but maybe someone can explain to me. Being suspicious is kind of alarming for sure, and maybe he's just waiting to go hostile, but wouldn't it be better to find someone who actually is hostile (aka mafia)?

Just now, Sunflower said:

I'm still kind of confused by the dynamics in this game since this is more first crisis game but maybe someone can explain to me. Being suspicious is kind of alarming for sure, and maybe he's just waiting to go hostile, but wouldn't it be better to find someone who actually is hostile (aka mafia)?

If someone's hostile we can remove them from the game.  Generally it's good, but looking at my options in the Evidence Base, we can definitely make people Hostile by framing them, so it's not always good.  It's also quite possible nobody is Hostile yet, only Suspicious, because it's only D2.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I don't know? I don't see where he said he took something from the vault.

I think that is his point. He's saying that even though some useful things were in the vault, he didn't take them. And probably the only reason not to take something is because he wanted to do something else.

I think that would be a compelling argument if something bad had happened to somebody. Since I haven't seen anything negative yet (except the tie vote, which might not be that bad really)

Just now, Sunflower said:

Hostile isn't likely to be a starting status. It's something that a player gets for doing aggressive actions.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yep, so if he did something we should be worried about, I believe his status would have also changed.

Depends on the action.  My status didn't change by spying on Jeod from the Evidence Base.  I'm still innocent.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Depends on the action.  My status didn't change by spying on Jeod from the Evidence Base.  I'm still innocent.

To be fair, that's kinda the reason I would want to investigate him now.

##VoteInvestigate TheIrishman

My action was non-hostile >.> if it was aggressive I'm pretty sure it would've messed with stability. I'm innocent, but I'd rather we investigate someone else. My options were to perform my action or to pick up either a walkie talkie/evidence base key as long as I still wanted to vote (which I voted soft, Cat5 :b ). At the time I thought the evidence base key would've just given me access to The Vault, but I was (and still am) unaware if it's a passive or an active item. If you have to use it to access the vault, it seem relatively useless since it really limits your actions if you want to visit the vault. I figured that I was much more likely to be voted again to the vault, so I chose not to grab the key the first time around. My other option was a walkie-talkie which just sounds like a 1 to 1 masonry, again, not very useful.

As for my ability, it's non-hostile so don't worry about it. It's too early for me to spill that much info.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

As for my ability, it's non-hostile so don't worry about it. It's too early for me to spill that much info.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but "Trap" doesn't seem like a non-hostile ability.