[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

Just now, Shade939 said:

By the way @OrangeP47, what's your political party or primary victory condition?

I'd assume it's only fair to try and give an evidence key to both parties.

I'd like to still keep that under wraps if I can. I don't think there are too many keys out there, as things would get out of hand very fast, but I assume the key in the lockup Irish mentioned is key (no pun intended).  Pretty much whoever we trust(ed) right off the bat can get access to it.  There's also possibly ways for someone to steal my key I assume, or other ways for a holder to lose it.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Town would not want to possibly destabilize the Empire.

As I said to Nodlied, "let's go for the victory at risk of loss approach this time".

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'd like to still keep that under wraps if I can. I don't think there are too many keys out there, as things would get out of hand very fast, but I assume the key in the lockup Irish mentioned is key (no pun intended).  Pretty much whoever we trust(ed) right off the bat can get access to it.  There's also possibly ways for someone to steal my key I assume, or other ways for a holder to lose it.

There's a rather obvious problem today in the fact that we have two opposing town groups that would both want access to it then and to try and keep it out of the opposing groups hands.

Just now, Shade939 said:

There's a rather obvious problem today in the fact that we have two opposing town groups that would both want access to it then and to try and keep it out of the opposing groups hands.

Well, regardless of what I am, there's not much we can do about that is there unless they want to rip it from my cold dead fingers. *shakes fist*

Well, the people who voted radical might not be scum, just selfish as all hell. Frankly when planning my own vote, I considered that Jeod would be among the ones voting for a radical option, even if he's town. So frankly, I'm not surprised. I also think that OrangeP47, TheIrishman, or Shade would also do so if their victory condition would be helped by it, while I think FRAYDO and Sunflower would not. I'm really curious what the tie was on.

Well, regardless of what I am, there's not much we can do about that is there unless they want to rip it from my cold dead fingers. *shakes fist*

There's also a question of what your characters goal is, so you needed to have a key to start with...

Just now, Retaliation said:

I should be given a key because I can presumably do 50% more stuff with it compared to the rest of you.

You only get to pick one item from the evidence base.  Though if you wanted to vote, evidence base, or theoretically vault or do another night action, I could see the use.  You saying you get 3 PP at night too?

I'm starting to think that there isn't "town" in this game. Probably 2-3 main sides with varying degrees of friendliness between them. So we might have cooperation between groups until towards the end when all the backstabbing starts.

I agree with Orange. I don't know who could be on my team so I want to keep my cards hidden for now to avoid being stabbed in the back.

Just now, Retaliation said:

What does jail time stop exactly? If it stops voting it might be worth investigating jeod just to stop him attempting to destabilize the empire.

If someone's suspicious they get their item(s) confiscated and they're locked up for the night.  I *think* it stops voting, as they're too busy being detained.

If someone's suspicious they get their item(s) confiscated and they're locked up for the night.  I *think* it stops voting, as they're too busy being detained.

They're effectively blocked, so they shouldn't be capable of doing any actions.

Although you can probably still target them.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm starting to think that there isn't "town" in this game. Probably 2-3 main sides with varying degrees of friendliness between them. So we might have cooperation between groups until towards the end when all the backstabbing starts.

I agree with Orange. I don't know who could be on my team so I want to keep my cards hidden for now to avoid being stabbed in the back.

Yes, exactly. We do have a bit of the "Prisoner's Dilemma" problem going on here, because of how the voting works. Because the vote had 4 options, even though the two sides have equal numbers, if you vote for a soft option while not much of the rest of your "side" does, you may cause the radical option of the other side to win, giving you the worst result possible. Kinda facinating, but maybe we can do a Political Reform that puts in Ranked Choice Voting so that such a thing can be avoided. :v

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

This is why I've been focused on reform vs civil war instead of town vs scum.  We have a few different axes to work with here, but surely civil war is a minority.

That only works if you lose because of a civil war...

Technically nobody loses because of secondary objective, only gets bonus for succeeding the correct way.

You see why I'm not overly concerned about hunting down players based on their secondary conditions then.