[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

11 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

My action was non-hostile >.> if it was aggressive I'm pretty sure it would've messed with stability.

9 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

And it doesn't look like abilities affect stability in general like the previous games.

These statements feel contradictory to me. If it wasn't aggressive how would you know it affected stability?

Just now, Retaliation said:

These statements feel contradictory to me. If it wasn't aggressive how would you know it affected stability?

I was using the last game as reference, but after some thought maybe it doesn't because there wasn't any change with what I'd assume most players using their abilities.

Ugh, thanks KY. I'll talk more about it in a bit. BRB.

So my trap doesn't affect people at night. It marks whoever visited my target, dayblocks them and prevents them from voting the next day. I guess I'll just come out with it all. I didn't actually use my ability, there were 3 items in The Vault, the last one being a Medkit. I grabbed that one and didn't want to mention it because of obvious reasons, I thought I could use it to protect my target and use my Trap at the same time to paint Scum after they failed a NK. Otherwise my trap wouldn't be able to save them and they'd still die. Happy?

Just now, Jeod said:

Smells like a rat with an elaborate cover story. Why would there be a medkit in the vault?

##investigate TheIrishMan

idc, you'll see it when I'm investigated. Why would there be an evidence base key? Why would there be a walkie-talkie? We all expected it to be empty. I'm a little annoyed that you'll see my other item as well, but it doesn't really matter since it's locked and I can't use it.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I don't understand how you can take the medkit and place a trap?

I already said I didn't use my ability last night. I voted and I picked up the Medkit. I was willing to forego my vote if I could use both actions during the next night. Although I didn't know exactly if the Medkit could protect others since none of the descriptions are visible in the vault, I guessed that no matter what it'd be helpful.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Smells like a rat with an elaborate cover story. Why would there be a medkit in the vault?

##investigate TheIrishMan

Also I wouldn't come up with such a easily provable ability if I were Scum. I literally just have to target someone that someone else visits and everyone will see that they can't vote or perform any actions. Tracking, Protecting/Bodyguard, and Role Cop are the easiest to fake claim as Scum.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I trusted you Irish. I trusted you like a complete stranger which is more than I'll trust FRAYDO, but I still trusted you.

##investigate irish

Yeah, because I'm totally to blame for wanting to hide the fact that I grabbed a Medkit >.> I figured if Orange was actually able to enter the Vault, he'd cover for me since it is, after all, a Medkit.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Irish, you said you're currently innocent, right?

Yep, so I don't mind being investigated, but like I said, it's a bit annoying that my other item will be revealed. I also suspect my Medkit will end up getting stolen after the investigation as well. 

Just now, Shade939 said:

So, is your goal supposed to basically be to protect your target with a trap that only works after your target is killed?

Oh my god...

My Trap works against any number of players who visit my target, regardless of what they do. It will mark them by blocking their votes and their day actions. If I were to be able to protect that target with a Medkit, that means that not only would I be able to prevent the NK, but Scum would also be marked. There is, however, a flaw and that's if multiple people target the person, but it would limit the suspect pool.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Oh my god...

My Trap works against any number of players who visit my target, regardless of what they do. It will mark them by blocking their votes and their day actions. If I were to be able to protect that target with a Medkit, that means that not only would I be able to prevent the NK, but Scum would also be marked. There is, however, a flaw and that's if multiple people target the person, but it would limit the suspect pool.

The medkit you didn't know was in game and just grabbed from the vault...

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Oh my god...

To be more precise, shouldn't your role be trying to keep your target alive instead of hunting down their killer?

Just now, Shade939 said:

To be more precise, shouldn't your role be trying to keep your target alive instead of hunting down their killer?

You're acting as if I chose my ability. Nodlied made this ability, ask him. My ability helps track the killer, the Medkit, in my mind at the time, would help me to potentially protect the target as well.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Well, as engaging as this is, I need to head to bed.  Shade, I think you need to stop and take a deep breath and look at things again.  Try not to tear the conference room down while I'm gone :v

Fair enough, the story doens't add up, but there should be other abilities and so on that'll do a better job of investigating Irish.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Your missing a part where your target should be capable of surviving without you having to grab an item from the vault first.

An ability that both protects the target and marks whoever else targeted them? That would be over powered. And my target is capable of surviving, as long as no one NKs them. My ability is predominantly useful if my target ends up being NK'd.