[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

16 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Sounds like the real reform we all want to pass is more public libraries.  Too bad Nodlied probably did not include that as an option :p

I vote for public utilities more reliable than a MidEast country like Saudi Arabia...

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I vote for public utilities more reliable than a MidEast country like Saudi Arabia...

At least you don't have to deal with farmers running over your internet cable with a plow *every* *single* *year* *in* *the* *exact* *same* *spot*.

21 hours ago, Jeod said:

I disagree with sending someone on the investigate list to the vault in the same night.

##nominate Sunflower

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

First, thanks for your support. Thus far, I think everyone who's been on the table for investigation has been willing to state their status in advance. Retaliation, however, has not. Regarding the radio (if the radio and walkie are one and the same and not two separate items), I certainly don't mind using it. I can see two possibilities from your perspectives:

A) Jeod is suspicious-hostile

I have no clue if I can turn hostile, I wasn't told if I have the chance to turn hostile, and I'm not going to play the game as if I can. As far as I'm concerned, I'm "town" and if I do turn hostile somehow, then that's a loss Nodlied will have to accept as I don't play those silly alignment-changing games. That said, if I'm lying about this, then if there is a person on the other end of the line, I'll have no choice but to tell you--and said person would need to corroborate my claim.

With this method, you place the spotlight on two players. That's more information than we have right now and it'll help us in the long run.

B) Jeod is suspicious-town

This is my own perspective, of course, but from your eyes it's a win-win. If I speak to someone, I can form an opinion of them and I'll leave soft clues in my dayposts unless the situation demands that I be more blunt. I've already been leaving crumbs as to my ability, and so far nobody seems to have caught on, so I'm confident in my subtlety.

##nominate Jeod

Lol. Rules for thee not for me.

As for stating my status, I don't feel I have been in a position where it's been necessary. There's been a lot of questioning my motives, but no votes until I got off for the night. If you really wanted to know you could just ask. All status tells you is what your investigation will do to a person, which is why investigating Irish isn't a high priority because if he's innocent it does nothing to him. At least with you we deprive civil war/abolishment a vote.

5 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##investigate Retaliation

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm going with ##investigate Jeod and ##nominate Category5.  

4 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

##reform military

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

##nominate Jeod

4 hours ago, Shade939 said:

##reform military

j4E0XYT.png

Day ends in less than an hour. Should the recent forum issues continue though, I will extend the day.

EDIT: Nomination is not a tie, Cat5 is in the lead. As for investigation, Jeod is in the lead.

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

Lol. Rules for thee not for me.

As for stating my status, I don't feel I have been in a position where it's been necessary. There's been a lot of questioning my motives, but no votes until I got off for the night. If you really wanted to know you could just ask. All status tells you is what your investigation will do to a person, which is why investigating Irish isn't a high priority because if he's innocent it does nothing to him. At least with you we deprive civil war/abolishment a vote.

Sounds to me like you don’t want to be home nvestigated. I’ve already said I’ll abstain my vote.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

@OrangeP47, do you have any more specific reasoning why you're nominating Category 5?

He's the one I trust the most right now, he's given off the most reformer vibe, and no one else seems to have strong objections too him, like with Irish.  I'd like to limit those with access to the vault to as small a pool of people as possible, and Irish is out in the eyes of many, and with myself I wouldn't have enough PP to do everything effectively if I'm in both the evidence base and the vault.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

And before you say it, Shade, I'm well aware I don't know if Cat 5 is Status Quo or Pluralism.  That's not info we're going to weasel out of anyone at this stage.

The obvious problem being I have no idea if you actually know his alignment yet or not...

Just now, Shade939 said:

The obvious problem being I have no idea if you actually know his alignment yet or not...

As soon as a few people start having their primary slip this game is probably going to become a bloodbath.

13 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

As soon as a few people start having their primary slip this game is probably going to become a bloodbath.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that we don't have a bit more of a bloodbath going on right now with this current situation.

I still can't believe Irish really passed up on an evidence key of all things...

I actually did nominate myself, but I can do so again.

##nominate TheIrishman

as for the investigation, Jeod seems like a solid pick since we know it'll prevent a radical vote. I don't understand Retaliation's concern about revealing his status though.

And Jeod, I'm pretty sure Retaliation started off as innocent while playing as Town last game, but the moment he started beating people which his cane, he became suspicious - idk about hostile. I think no matter what, if you end up killing someone, you'll become hostile. Attacking but not killing should turn the assailant suspicious and it sounds like - from what Orange has mentioned - we can be framed to become hostile. Being hostile isn't an alignment, just a status that enables that player to be "lynched."

Just now, Shade939 said:

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that we don't have a bit more of a bloodbath going on right now with this current situation.

I still can't believe Irish really passed up on an evidence key of all things...

The ability to potentially save people's lives? Or to access to vault without being nominated (at least that's what I thought it was at the time, though I'd still pick the same decision if I had the choice).

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

We know he didn't get any info on ca5's vote last night at least. You can't suspect everyone of being in a doc together shade :v. The vault doesn't seem to be inherently powerful, so we're probably okay just with a ban on taking the key.

15 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Sounds to me like you don’t want to be home nvestigated. I’ve already said I’ll abstain my vote.

I'd be fine with being investigated tomorrow. We're probably going to investigate me at some point anyway, because it's a bad idea to keep the same person under the microscope all game.

5 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

as for the investigation, Jeod seems like a solid pick since we know it'll prevent a radical vote. I don't understand Retaliation's concern about revealing his status though.

Little advantages like knowing other people's statuses but keeping your own under wraps add up. 

It's suspicious btw.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Why FRAYDO?

I pretty much agree with most of the things he's said so far, so I feel comfortable nominating him. Plus I liked his out of the box thinking about the walky talky and how we might need to be wary of syndies. That tells me he's actually concerned about them which isn't something I'm seeing from a lot of other players.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Why not, I'd at least rather go with RNG for the vault rather than just outright giving it to Category 5 because Orange wants him to have it.

##Nominate FRAYDO

Always the contrarian, aren't you :v

I feel like the Syndicate is most likely the proper name for the Abolishment Party. Because if the Syndicate is some type of gang/organization that's infiltrated the empire, it'd be more likely that they'd want less governmental power/control which would, in turn, give them more power/control.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I feel like the Syndicate is most likely the proper name for the Abolishment Party. Because if the Syndicate is some type of gang/organization that's infiltrated the empire, it'd be more likely that they'd want less governmental power/control which would, in turn, give them more power/control.

Syndicalists are this timeline's communists.  We're basically fearing commie infiltration.