[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I never said there was a stack of medkits, I said there was "a medkit." There shouldn't be one in there any longer.

Oh, you're right. Where did I get a stack from? Odd.

Just now, Shade939 said:

By the way, could you explain this a bit more?

Well, I'd assume that civil war will enable killing actions. As a result, scum would need to wait until the night after a civil war is announced to perform a kill, unless an investigation triggers one. Until then, I see no need to spend PP on my protect action.

Just now, Jeod said:

Well, I'd assume that civil war will enable killing actions. As a result, scum would need to wait until the night after a civil war is announced to perform a kill, unless an investigation triggers one. Until then, I see no need to spend PP on my protect action.

I'd call that a dangerous assumption to say the least. If that was true then your doctor ability should be locked until a civil war happened.

4 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I do think we need to start working together and making deals rather than skulk around and only vote for our party. In other words, negotiate and compromise.

Spoken like a true politician.

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well, I will be gone most of today, but with FRAYDO taking the key, there should now be some accountability with the evidence base, at the very least. He'll be able to report to you everything that I do, and likewise in reverse, with a one turn delay for the log to update.  At least with the voting record spying, not only does it say who I spied on, but the log also keeps the result, so he'll know the results not just the actions too.

So Orange and I are now keeping tabs on one another. This knowledge should help us overall, assuming we're both to be trusted. I would like for us both to keep ownership of the keys, if our thief has any ideas of swiping one or the other.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I'd call that a dangerous assumption to say the least. If that was true then your doctor ability should be locked until a civil war happened.

Shade may have a good point here. If I recall correctly, Mojoman's gun wasn't available to use until World Tension (or in this case, Stability) hit a certain limit. However, Jeod's claimed action is a saving action rather than a killing one so maybe there's no cause for concern with Jeod's ability not being locked.

Anyway, I'm not making any decisions yet on voting.

While it's far from necessarily related to it, I don't exactly like how the first time we've tried to pass any type of reform we've ended up with a deadlock for the votes. So I'd like to try and get some insurance against that possibility for this next vote.

I'm back, though pretty tired, long day being social.

I'll point out something away. ILTS, you can't make any deals, because you're out of PP.  You can't nominate Jeod now, even if you want to.

As for the actual substance of nominating Jeod.  If he wants the walkie talkie that bad, I see no harm in giving it to him.  I don't really like the idea of him having access to Sunflower's item (whatever it is), and that's tied in a lot with the fact that I really don't want to investigate Retal either, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm back, though pretty tired, long day being social.

I'll point out something away. ILTS, you can't make any deals, because you're out of PP.  You can't nominate Jeod now, even if you want to.

As for the actual substance of nominating Jeod.  If he wants the walkie talkie that bad, I see no harm in giving it to him.  I don't really like the idea of him having access to Sunflower's item (whatever it is), and that's tied in a lot with the fact that I really don't want to investigate Retal either, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

Who would you want to investigate instead? Retals ability apparently sends items to the vault anyways.

And I would very much like to see if Category 5 or iLTS had any dangerous items on them.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Who would you want to investigate instead? Retals ability apparently sends items to the vault anyways.

And I would very much like to see if Category 5 or iLTS had any dangerous items on them.

I'm still thinking Cat 5 would be nice, but there are other options.

And are you sure Retal's ability sends them there, or maybe in Retal's last post he was just assuming he'd be investigated.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'm still thinking Cat 5 would be nice, but there are other options.

And are you sure Retal's ability sends them there, or maybe in Retal's last post he was just assuming he'd be investigated.

It makes sense from a balance perspective, otherwise Retal's role would be far better suited to be third party.

Just now, Shade939 said:

And I really doubt he'd be as open about his ability if he actually received the item he stole in his inventory.

Earlier he talked about having the ability to pass it back if Sunflower wants.  That implies he has it now.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

It makes sense from a balance perspective, otherwise Retal's role would be far better suited to be third party.

It wouldn't surprise me if I had a counterpart. It also feels like items are much less of a focus this game.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

It wouldn't surprise me if I had a counterpart. It also feels like items are much less of a focus this game.

Do you or do you not have the item you stole from Sunflower? But before you tell us, Shade, care to make a bet? :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Do you or do you not have the item you stole from Sunflower? But before you tell us, Shade, care to make a bet? :p

Ok, I bet that Retaliation has the Typewriter in his inventory right now. :v

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If Sunflower was going to pass the item (IE not use it), and you stole it anyway, why do we still have a news feed today, if the typewriter makes the news feed?

Hugh, honestly it might possible to do both when you think about it. :v

Huh, I guess I was wrong about Sunflower being Status Quo, she's leaning more towards being Abolishment now.

She claimed that she was trying to pass her item while instead it was stolen. But she was still able to use her item which, to me, says that she never actually tried to pass it. And she happened to be the person who made us believe in a possible other party, the Syndicalists, which helped add some chaos to distract us.

Did I get anything wrong? I just briefly popped back on, been trying to learn all of HoI4 (there's a lot).

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Huh, I guess I was wrong about Sunflower being Status Quo, she's leaning more towards being Abolishment now.

She claimed that she was trying to pass her item while instead it was stolen. But she was still able to use her item which, to me, says that she never actually tried to pass it. And she happened to be the person who made us believe in a possible other party, the Syndicalists, which helped add some chaos to distract us.

Did I get anything wrong? I just briefly popped back on, been trying to learn all of HoI4 (there's a lot).

TBH we don't don't know what the typewritter does, we just have Retal saying it makes the news.  An explanation from Sunflower is at least warranted.