Intro thread

Hello, I'm a map maker for renegade over at MPF.  I was closely working with zunnie on many projects and his wealth of knowledge helped me create some fun maps for the community.  I'm coming here as he won't be around to answer questions I have.  If this isn't the right forum please let me know.

some of my maps.

Detroit

Nebraska

cracked

crumble

stockade

atoll

airai

nova

tankbuster

traverse

Sleepy hollow

and probably a lot of others

hooe to find some help and friends here

@PwnCall Welcome! I've seen you around some, good to see you here. Please check out the forum rules if you haven't already.

Feel free to ask about anything you need help with. We've got lots of people here who have been creating content for a long time, and they like to help so don't be shy!

Hey man, welcome. zunnie was a friend to all of us, and there's no doubt what an incredible impact he had made in the Renegade community. Glad you could find us. Pleasure to meet you!

Hey there and welcome.

Sure, we will try to help you as best as we can. We have a load of W3D engine related tutorials as well, you might find some interesting and/or useful topics:
https://w3dhub.com/forum/forum/171-w3d-tutorials/
If there is an important topic we don't have a tutorial for yet, just send me a PM and I'll do my best to create one.

Feel free to post pictures and even questions of your maps here, in community creations:
https://w3dhub.com/forum/forum/162-community-creations/

its nice to see some body making maps lol just kidding your doing a good job man keep it up and if your new witch I suspect you are so welcome to our community and I shall pay my respects to the great zunnie himself and well I hope these maps of what you say you are making are gonna be good so keep up the good work ?

You're welcome to try and create an APB level, if you think you're up to the challenge. ;)

There are a lot of differences between APB and stock Renegade, you'll find that you will need a lot more time to do a level for APB, and that Gmax will not be powerful enough to support the requirements (We mostly use 3DS Max 8 and even that program isn't doing well with it at all).

48 minutes ago, PwnCall said:

I haven't played apb in probably 5 years.  Do I need to download anything to play or just join a server through renlist?

We use a custom server browser and launcher.

Yes you'll need to install a new client, APB uses nothing compatible with stock Renegade.

https://secure.w3dhub.com/launcher/w3dhub_launcher_0.8.3.1_install.exe

Players typically populate the server during primetime EU and NA. Outside of those times the game can be, well, empty!

Edit: You can also play an OLD version of Reborn but this version is not being updated any longer. I do not know the status on the new version. Lastly if you want to see what an RPG/persistent world would look like on W3D, try out ECW. That game is, well, crazy and evidently created by an insane person. The only drawback would be the Renegade-styled graphics (unless you love those!).

Edited by Raap