[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

Just now, ChopBam said:

Don't Soviets have the sonar ping though?

Allies by sending a spy into a sub pen. It’s obviously modified for the game, I’d wager a scouting action. It’s only a possibility.

I'm not even convinced M12 is land. In the legend, the only difference I can see between the "detect" and "hit" tiles, is that one has water and the other is land. They're both highlighted yellow. This may mean M12 could actually be water. There was simply a hit there.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I'm not even convinced M12 is land. In the legend, the only difference I can see between the "detect" and "hit" tiles, is that one has water and the other is land. They're both highlighted yellow. This may mean M12 could actually be water. There was simply a hit there.

I'm of the opinion, at this time, that it's water.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Neither am I, but that's a question related to game rules so Verti should be capable of clarifying it when he get's around to answering my question.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Allies by sending a spy into a sub pen. It’s obviously modified for the game, I’d wager a scouting action. It’s only a possibility.

What had the Sonar Pulse in RA1? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Sub Pen granted it...? Could your alert be flavor text that you were visited by the Sub Pen?

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

When why are there no hits on the map in Q1-Q3 and the only hit on the map in Q4 at day start??? I'm calling shenanigans to confuse us. :v

Because those are where the shots came from. Hits on this case I take to mean actions that alter the map. So we have a hit, a detect, and a missing change. Perhaps a player moved.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, VERTi60 said:

Soviet Missile Submarine and Allied Destroyer (1x3) are capable of attacking ground and even air units.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll also point out, looking at the unit directory first post, allied destroyer has sonar.  I demand Voe vote for the people that didn't read.

IDK, I'm just going by N0 post and I see nothing about sonar.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The picture.  If you can't read it, click to ENHANCE.  Destroyer night action is Sonar Pulse.

There’s our third map action, I suppose. They likely know where I am based on my coordinates: A12-B12.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

OK so Jeod you were detected at M12 then? The legend says that tile is a hit. O.o Unless the Spy plane happened to catch a spot and you were ALSO detected there.

No. There’s no reason for a scum scouting action to notify globally.

Just now, Jeod said:

No. There’s no reason for a scum scouting action to notify globally.

The legend says you would be revealed on the naval map if you were sonar pulsed by a destroyer. Do you believe the scum get a 2nd naval map that has more info for their eyes only?

Just now, ChopBam said:

The legend says you would be revealed on the naval map if you were sonar pulsed by a destroyer. Do you believe the scum get a 2nd naval map that has more info for their eyes only?

Furthermore, you would only be revealed if you were submerged. Are you surfaced?

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

It’s extremely likely.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It’s extremely likely.

The legend clearly says revealed on "naval map." I read that as there just existing just one naval map that both Allies and Soviets use. You're claiming you were sonar pulsed, and that you are submerged. This would mean you should be revealed on the global naval map. Unless you're the detection at G7 (which I think was actually just a spy plane detection), or somehow also the hit at M12, neither of which you're claiming to be, your claims aren't exactly adding up for me.

If he's submerged at A12:B12, we'll know if we shoot at it and it won't hurt him. My only concern is the existence of an Allied mystery unit that may also be able to submerge. It wouldn't be canon, but it would be a way out.

4 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

If he's submerged at A12:B12, we'll know if we shoot at it and it won't hurt him. My only concern is the existence of an Allied mystery unit that may also be able to submerge. It wouldn't be canon, but it would be a way out.

Let's not forget about testing me as well :v

Just now, Jeod said:

I’m submerged so firing will show water until tomorrow.

This can be confirmed actually, so I'm going to hold off for now. Giving away your coordinates, if you are Soviet, will also make you vulnerable to day actions tomorrow, or an Allied night action that can do damage to coordinates.