[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

Just now, JackoDerp said:

Thats a fair point, but I don't want to be forced into voting a random inactive player because unless they flip scum we learn literally nothing of voters' alignments and shit

You always learn something though, the question is figuring out what you actually learned.

Thats a fair point, but I don't want to be forced into voting a random inactive player because unless they flip scum we learn literally nothing of voters' alignments and shit

You could vote for Voe or myself.  I mean, obviously I don't want to be lynched, but if I am, that will give us some info about people like Voe and FRAYDO.  Generally if two wagons are leading, it's good to make everyone pile on them.

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

##vote Category 5 Hurricane

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 day(s), 0  hour(s), 47 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
ChopBam voted TheIrishman
FRAYDO voted OrangeP47
JackoDerp voted Shade939
Jeod voted Category 5 Hurricane
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted Voe
OrangeP47 voted Voe
Shade939 voted nobody
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted OrangeP47

7/12 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (2  each)

3 minutes ago, JackoDerp said:

Well, considering that Voe lost 3-2 to me on Shockwave during the past hour, I'd say that he deserves the lynch.

There is more we can learn at night than one might think. We have a spy plane who can explore, missile subs have some kind of night action (according to N0 post), and I'd imagine the Sub Pen can confirm claims regarding the whole docking thing.

Just now, ChopBam said:

There is more we can learn at night than one might think. We have a spy plane who can explore, missile subs have some kind of night action (according to N0 post), and I'd imagine the Sub Pen can confirm claims regarding the whole docking thing.

I'm pretty certain the Sub Pen is the only one that would be consecutively useful though in terms of investigating players. So that's not exactly very good ideas of them turning anything up...

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'm pretty certain the Sub Pen is the only one that would be consecutively useful though in terms of investigating players. So that's not exactly very good ideas of them turning anything up...

In the case of the Spy Plane, it could reveal tiles where Allied ships reside, yes? Then all guns ablaze on those tiles.

Just now, ChopBam said:

In the case of the Spy Plane, it could reveal tiles where Allied ships reside, yes? Then all guns ablaze on those tiles.

Only thing he Spy Plane sounded like it could find is unit length, so if the Allies have at least a four tile long unit then it could help out.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I don't think it tells us what's what though, so we could just blast a friendly sub out of the water.  We need names to faces to be effective.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't think it tells us what's what though, so we could just blast a friendly sub out of the water.  We need names to faces to be effective.

Well, a four tiler indicates a Cruiser. So should we encounter that, it'll be a no brainer.

That's also why I suggest doing some scouting during the day phases by shooting and such.

Because the forms of investigation present in this game are limited to a handful of units, which means all it takes is a single lucky action or two to completely remove our investigative roles from the game.

So it's more like a game of actual battleship in that regard.

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

Well, a four tiler indicates a Cruiser. So should we encounter that, it'll be a no brainer.

That's a notable exception, yes, but if that little X in the first map post is any indication, the spy plane doesn't reveal 4 hexes in a row anyway.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That's a notable exception, yes, but if that little X in the first map post is any indication, the spy plane doesn't reveal 4 hexes in a row anyway.

A simple shot should take care of that though.

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

A simple shot should take care of that though.

Technically two if it's not a border :P  I was going to comment it's still rude to shoot someone, but I suppose if it really is a 4 long unit, it's the allies, so they have it coming.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I've read the opening post like 4 times now, and each time I feel like I'm learning something new that I missed before.

And people doubt how I could miss depth charge? :p

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I've read the opening post like 4 times now, and each time I feel like I'm learning something new that I missed before.

Those are the best kind of texts. That way you won't simply discard the thing after reading through it once. You want to read it multiple times because you'll discover something new every time. That, my lad, is the secret of success.

Here's something I'm not getting or might have missed.. did something change regarding your quadrant being progressively revealed when you shoot? I just glanced through the thread and can't find a trace, but I'm sure I missed something.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Here's something I'm not getting or might have missed.. did something change regarding your quadrant being progressively revealed when you shoot? I just glanced through the thread and can't find a trace, but I'm sure I missed something.

We can only shoot once per day now, I think previously we could shoot multiple times.

Just now, ChopBam said:

It was at least temporarily removed, which may not be an issue considering how quickly the map might be revealed anyways by a combination of other actions. Plus it's a bit of extra work for the GM if they have to constantly keep track of what tiles have been revealed concerning every player in game.

Just now, Shade939 said:

##Vote TheIrishMan

[Vote Counted] Shade939 voted TheIrishman to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 day(s), 0  hour(s), 10 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
FRAYDO voted OrangeP47
JackoDerp voted Shade939
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted Voe
OrangeP47 voted Voe
Shade939 voted TheIrishman
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted OrangeP47

8/12 votes casted so far
3 voted players are at a tie (2  each)

##vote TheIrishman

[Vote Counted] JackoDerp voted TheIrishman to be lynched!

Time Left:
0 day(s), 0  hour(s), 8 min(s)

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
FRAYDO voted OrangeP47
JackoDerp voted TheIrishman
Killing You voted nobody
Nodlied voted Voe
OrangeP47 voted Voe