[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

Just now, ChopBam said:

Maybe he had to confer with his scum buddy? Anyway I'm still calling bs on my vote switch to Jacko not counting yesterday. It was made one minute before hammer.

We already had this discussion before, I don't accept last minute votes. Furthermore APB Mafia is uniquely manned by a script and when the day time runs out the script doesn't accept any votes. 

6 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

We already had this discussion before, I don't accept last minute votes. Furthermore APB Mafia is uniquely manned by a script and when the day time runs out the script doesn't accept any votes. 

Sounds like something that's easily fixable. It'd be worth the effort to make the game more straightforward for players. :)

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Sounds like something that's easily fixable. It'd be worth the effort to make the game more straightforward for players. :)

I'm also not a fan of last minute hammering or shooting in order to get a easy pass :p

people have 48 hours of voting and doing their actions, so waiting for the last minute is not fair for anyone.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

People have 48 hours of voting and doing their actions, so waiting for the last minute is not fair for anyone.

True true, but what about the minute before the last minute? Nobody gets a chance to respond to that, so it's not fair then either, yet those votes count. :p

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

True true, but what about the minute before the last minute? Nobody gets a chance to respond to that, so it's not fair then either, yet those votes count. :p

2 mins before hammer is fine for a response, it's just those last seconds you may not get the "Yo" sound or post notification in time before game time runs out, which is always a problem and many people reported the same. Anyway I've put a rule that if you consult a "last minute vote/action" with me before hammer time in PM, we can arrange that by extending the game time. But that would still have to be counted as exception, not a standard mechanic.

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You’re just salty that APB III ended in a draw due to last minute votes. :v

CK got a bit salty about it, but it was b/c back then we had the "post merger" which basically erased his vote post and replaced with the next one.

It's not ideal now either as we don't have accurate time on posts, mainly if it's seconds that matter :p

Don't mind me too much Verti, I'm mostly just giving you shit. BTW if you hold your mouse cursor over the time it'll show the exact minute.

So anyway, possible JackoDerp is "scum slipping" because 1) he's new or because 2 he's scum. Maybe he's new scum?

He could be trigger happy, but that's why I'm pressing for an explanation rather than just jumping to a conclusion one way or another.

I want to see a little more elaboration on what went through his mind in that hour between hesitating and then shooting. I want to give him another chance to explain in more detail what he thought about, as right now what I'm seeing is not satisfactory but also not enough to really draw a great conclusion.

I didn't want to be trigger happy because I wanted to have more players check in and get more information before deciding what to do.

I was never against proving Orange by shooting him but I didn't want to reveal anything about me in case something else came up during the night phase that we didn't know yet.

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Thinking about it further, what led me to believe someone moved might be something else.

Information given to me suggested something changed, which I presumed to mean something moved. It may relate to what happens on the map, I'm unsure. I'll have to see what happens in later nights to get a better idea.

I was "mysteriously" moved tonight, and i supposedly don't know how it happened. I suspect having been chronoshifted.

6 minutes ago, Voe said:

I was "mysteriously" moved tonight, and i supposedly don't know how it happened. I suspect having been chronoshifted.

What is this degeneracy? A Chronosphere without it being me? (Then again, I was the damaged one/Chrono Vortex).

Guys i have this weird feeling...

##shoot B5

This was my previous location. If there are any ships there, it means the chronoshift may be a place swap instead.

2 hours ago, Voe said:

Do we have a clue who revealed M12? 

Not particularly, although I'd still probably go with my initial assumption of an allied night attack given how close that coordinates are to the land at 015.

And as Jeod pointed out, if we have a Chronosphere in game then it could have several unusual effects that it causes to balance out an ability to move players around...

3 minutes ago, Voe said:

Guys i have this weird feeling...

##shoot B5

This was my previous location. If there are any ships there, it means the chronoshift may be a place swap instead.

That's a decent theory.  Also what's with all of us being so tightly packed if this is the case :v