[GAME OVER] Marvel Endgame Mafia

Jeod

Mojoman, mind telling me what you did N1 and N2?

And just to entertain the idea, if there is a Thanos, here's the only possibilities left, with KY and Orange being the most provable (web-slinging, and dying potentially revealing) and iLTS being less likely with the whole phasing - leaving Mojo.

And iLTS, it's like you completely missed my ability. Still needing Iron Armor and Attunement claimed.

Players

Char.

Role

N1

N2

Alignment

Cat5

Dr. Strange

?

Died

Dead

Town

Shade

Yondu

Day Vig/Child

Stole Prepared Defenses

Blocked Chop

Nothing

Town

Irish

Stan Lee

Unlynchable Watcher Informat

Blocked

(Visited someone now)

Visit Someone

Town

Mojoman

Ultron?

Maybe Thanos

Some watcher hybrid ability

Visited Irish

Visited Shade

?

iLTS

Odin/Loki?

Maybe Thanos

Car Alarm

“Self Targeted”

Unknown

?

Louis

Nebula?

?

Nothing?

Redirected Orange to Irish

Passed Stone to Irish then ChopBam

?

ChopBam

Drax

Lightning Rod

Targeted Shade

Blocked

Lightning Rod Irish

Died

Town

FRAYDO

Happy Hogan

Roleblocker

Roleblocked Irish

Didn’t roleblock Irish

Unknown

?

Orange

Nick Fury

Maybe Thanos

Double Life

Some Hybrid ability

Soul Stone

Roleblocked?

“Not Shenanigan related” 

Passed Soul Stone to Shade

Other actions redirected to Irish then to ChopBam

?

Killing You

Spider-man

Maybe Thanos

Self Watcher

Day Roleblocker

“Didn’t target”

No one visited 

Unknown

No one visited

?

Brigitte

Captain Marvel?

?

Remove Inhibitor

“Not Shenanigan related” 

Unknown

?

4 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Mojoman, mind telling me what you did N1 and N2?

And just to entertain the idea, if there is a Thanos, here's the only possibilities left, with KY and Orange being the most provable (web-slinging, and dying potentially revealing) and iLTS being less likely with the whole phasing - leaving Mojo.

It's my turn to need caffeine, but could you rephrase this? I'm having a derp and don't quite get it.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's my turn to need caffeine, but could you rephrase this? I'm having a derp and don't quite get it.

What he's saying is that Thanos isn't going to have a non-Thanos ability (i.e. he won't have webshooters). So if he is in the game, we can safely eliminate players from being him based on their provable actions.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

What he's saying is that Thanos isn't going to have a non-Thanos ability (i.e. he won't have webshooters). So if he is in the game, we can safely eliminate players from being him based on their provable actions.

Eh I'm not so sure about that, but I don't really have any traction to argue otherwise.

Eh I'm not so sure about that, but I don't really have any traction to argue otherwise.

It makes some amount of sense in a game like this (one of my very minor nitpicks for strict flavor based games). Thanos isn't going to be using Iron Man armor, throwing Mjolnir or Stormbreaker around, etc.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

It makes some amount of sense in a game like this (one of my very minor nitpicks for strict flavor based games). Thanos isn't going to be using Iron Man armor, throwing Mjolnir or Stormbreaker around, etc.

Well true, but I meant more that if Thanos is about his abilities might not be obvious or obviously named, and he may have secondaries.  If you find themeing for a different character, yeah, fair enough, but I'd argue we don't know what Thanos is packing.

I'm kind of of the opinion that Thanos isn't in the game, and if we have a collector it's someone else.

Well true, but I meant more that if Thanos is about his abilities might not be obvious or obviously named, and he may have secondaries.  If you find themeing for a different character, yeah, fair enough, but I'd argue we don't know what Thanos is packing.

I'm kind of of the opinion that Thanos isn't in the game, and if we have a collector it's someone else.

I don't think anybody can say for certain one way or another if he's in this game. No rules against having him as one of your requested characters.

@TheIrishman

Honestly though, if somebody picked Thanos and this was my game I'd make them town just to screw with everybody. So while we might be able to determine who couldn't be Thanos it doesn't mean that somebody is Thanos, doesn't mean that Thanos isn't town, and doesn't mean that Thanos' goal is to collect all the stones. It can be a good flavor indicator, but I don't think it's what we should solely scum hunt on.

For example, I find your abilities themselves and your actions suspicious. I don't think that you're town and I don't think you're scum, that puts you as TP/neutral. If it turns out you're Thanos, that does not make you more suspicious on its own. It makes you more suspicious given the circumstances of your behavior.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I don't think anybody can say for certain one way or another if he's in this game. No rules against having him as one of your requested characters.

Indeed, and Jeod even said multiple people can all be Thanos if they want, but I also just think it's such an obvious choice that nobody went for it because we all want to be unique.

True, being Thanos doesn't necessarily mean that they are Scum. But it does make it all the more suspicious when the only people the could've performed the N1 kill happen to all be potential Thanos players (if there actually is one).

iLTS, Mojo, Brigitte, Orange, KY, and Louis (potential killers)

iLTS, Mojo, Orange, KY (potential Thanos)

6 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Incredibles 2 is good, but not as good as the first one. Definitely worth seeing though.

An Incredibles mafia game could also be pretty cool.

It's on netflix (for now), so I can just get around to it whenever though.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

True, being Thanos doesn't necessarily mean that they are Scum. But it does make it all the more suspicious when the only people the could've performed the N1 kill happen to all be potential Thanos players (if there actually is one).

iLTS, Mojo, Brigitte, Orange, KY, and Louis (potential killers)

iLTS, Mojo, Orange, KY (potential Thanos)

Soul stone was blocking me both nights. Shade can confirm.

Does it block all actions or just one random action?

I'm guessing all actions, or else it wouldn't have to block Shade's vote as overkill for having no actions.  It blocked my night action which is currently a passive so it's pretty strong.

I mean I guess the argument can be made it doesn't block the nightkill, but I wouldn't know.

Does it block all actions or just one random action?

It blocks a single random action on that player, which is probably Orange's only night action it could block.

But that probably doens't mean it would block the NK if someone has access  to it.

I'm guessing all actions, or else it wouldn't have to block Shade's vote as overkill for having no actions.  It blocked my night action which is currently a passive so it's pretty strong.

I mean I guess the argument can be made it doesn't block the nightkill, but I wouldn't know.

Well, if Shade's town confirm role works as most do, he'd have all of his actions removed. I think he even said as such that day.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Well, if Shade's town confirm role works as most do, he'd have all of his actions removed. I think he even said as such that day.

He could vote after being town confirmed though, so it's the stone blocking his vote.

Checking my PM, it did NOT say this.  Jeod then added on later, in a very causal manner something to the effect that my night action was blocked, and it was the price for wielding the soul stone.  I don't want to quote for fear of running afoul of the rules.  My guess is he amended it later to actually say it in the stone description.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

And the stone description tells you this? How would Orange not know then?

I can point out at least that Jeod would need to go into more details to explain why I couldn't vote when I had the Stone than most players, who wouldn't run out of actions.

I can make no such comments on the mechanics of the soul stone at this time. I can, however, say that all PMs I sent as of the start of Day 3 are correct and those that were missing information on previous phases had been amended (with the recipient being made aware, of course).

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I can make no such comments on the mechanics of the soul stone at this time. I can, however, say that all PMs I sent as of the start of Day 3 are correct and those that were missing information on previous phases had been amended (with the recipient being made aware, of course).

The language here isn't clear, I'm afraid. In simpler terms, as of the start of Day 3, all PMs were correct and had all the necessary information. I had to be very thorough before sending them out.