{Game Over} {CYOR} Spooky Scary Scumhunting

Retaliation

3 hours ago, Louis said:

I don't get it, care to explain please? I'd like to know what you did to me.

I'd also like to know why you targeted me and why you think that the only way you can get an item is to target a player? If that's what I'm assuming.

Did you notice anything happening to you? If not, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I don't want to spell out exactly what my role is, but the situation was that I received an item. Me using my action should have made it impossible for me to receive one. I didn't get any indication that my action had failed, yet I received an item. I was wondering what trickery caused such an "impossible" thing to happen until you told me that you passed me an item. It makes sense then. You aren't going to understand why. You haven't encountered this role before.

Two Three things I'm thinking about that are concerning me that I haven't seen anyone mention yet.

1) It would seem that Louis is the only one who could have done the attempted NK. Granted there could be someone lying, but I don't see a whole lot of room for that...unless

2) FRAYDO and Sunflower could be faking the failed kill. I can imagine a reason why they would have to do so. Seriously doubtful, but something I am considering. And then there is the last problem

3) If scum can kill and use another action at the same time, then nobody has an alibi. Does anyone know whether or not that they can?

Ah, but meta wins again. Scum Louis aims for the veterans--the targets should have been you, me, or Orange (sorry everyone else!) I can't picture her aiming for FRAYDO n1. Her partner urging it, on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

And why would you think that?

Something about your D1 interactions rubs me the wrong way. You're also the perfect partner for Scum Louis and would definitely steer away from the veterans on the first night. Lastly, your reckless experimenting with actions, which can apparently only be done during the day. I'll bet that over time you unlock actions, but have the opportunity to do an early unlock via guesswork.

Apologies but I can't go back to find the exact quotes. Need to work.

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Something about your D1 interactions rubs me the wrong way. You're also the perfect partner for Scum Louis and would definitely steer away from the veterans on the first night. Lastly, your reckless experimenting with actions, which can apparently only be done during the day. I'll bet that over time you unlock actions, but have the opportunity to do an early unlock via guesswork.

Apologies but I can't go back to find the exact quotes. Need to work.

Now this strikes me as odd. My entire MO as scum is to go after veteran players N1. I even have a priority list (that I will not share). FRAYDO is not at the top of that list.

Well, I don't have time to do a full analysis of alibis and reactions. But here's my current understanding. Louis and Cat5 seem the most suspicious in terms of alibis. Both Jeod and Orange are rubbing me the wrong way. Orange had acted pretty fishy and Jeod had seemed to be trying to direct attention to specific players rather than trying to find scum.

Sure FRAYDO and Sunflower could be pulling a scum gambit, but if they are we're going to find out really quick and they're going to lose. I think it'd be foolish to believe that's what's happening right now with what we know.

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Well, I don't have time to do a full analysis of alibis and reactions. But here's my current understanding. Louis and Cat5 seem the most suspicious in terms of alibis. Both Jeod and Orange are rubbing me the wrong way. Orange had acted pretty fishy and Jeod had seemed to be trying to direct attention to specific players rather than trying to find scum.

Sure FRAYDO and Sunflower could be pulling a scum gambit, but if they are we're going to find out really quick and they're going to lose. I think it'd be foolish to believe that's what's happening right now with what we know.

>Specific players

>Find scum

These are one and the same buddy.

Not quite. I'm talking about the motivation. You don't seem entirely interested in finding scum but finding ways to make certain players look like scum (another way of looking at it is that you're trying to make other players not look as scummy). For example, your "Excellent!" post about FRAYDO and Sunflower pulling off a scum gambit. Nothing wrong with theorizing, but the read I got from your post was that you were happy not to have found a potential scum gambit but a potential way to make them look scummy. It's a huge difference and it's not something town does.

I could be wrong, but that's the read I'm getting from your posts.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Not quite. I'm talking about the motivation. You don't seem entirely interested in finding scum but finding ways to make certain players look like scum (another way of looking at it is that you're trying to make other players not look as scummy). For example, your "Excellent!" post about FRAYDO and Sunflower pulling off a scum gambit. Nothing wrong with theorizing, but the read I got from your post was that you were happy not to have found a potential scum gambit but a potential way to make them look scummy. It's a huge difference and it's not something town does.

I could be wrong, but that's the read I'm getting from your posts.

Entirely wrong. My game's off, obviously, but I feel the game's going to be more complicated than "everyone claims stuff and it boils down to Louis being the only one who could be scum". Notice I hadn't been asking probing questions to those two--if I truly wished to make them look more scummy and put a big spotlight on them, I'd be asking them questions a-la "zone of truth".

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Entirely wrong. My game's off, obviously, but I feel the game's going to be more complicated than "everyone claims stuff and it boils down to Louis being the only one who could be scum". Notice I hadn't been asking probing questions to those two--if I truly wished to make them look more scummy and put a big spotlight on them, I'd be asking them questions a-la "zone of truth".

That's why I'm not voting for you. Just stating that you're on my scum list.

I still am pretty suspicious of Orange. Even in context I don't think he's been acting like town or even how he plays as town. While he couldn't be the killer, he could still be scum. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to sort through the logic and info to figure out our list of potential killers.

I'm not gonna reveal my sources, but I do have info on FRAYDO. Also KY hasn't been entirely truthful because I gave him evidence that FRAYDO has been lying and he didn't share that with the class.

FRAYDO has an item thief ability which he didn't claim, as well as the possibility to perhaps change people's alignments.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not gonna reveal my sources, but I do have info on FRAYDO. Also KY hasn't been entirely truthful because I gave him evidence that FRAYDO has been lying and he didn't share that with the class.

FRAYDO has an item thief ability which he didn't claim, as well as the possibility to perhaps change people's alignments.

How can you have more sources when you're in a masonry with KY? It must have been an item action, since KY obviously isn't your source. You may as well reveal at least that much, or clarify that it isn't due to an item.

Just now, Jeod said:

How can you have more sources when you're in a masonry with KY? It must have been an item action, since KY obviously isn't your source. You may as well reveal at least that much, or clarify that it isn't due to an item.

I suppose you're right, and if I want a leg to stand on, I need to be forthcoming. It was an item. I have a "party profiler" that only works one time for each person (have to pass it next night... well.... I could just hold onto it and render it useless...)

With an item thief you can see why I'd be hesitant to share that though, but maybe pass works first, and I feel as if FRAYDO being known is more important.  Sorry for not speaking up last night but I was busy and under the weather again.

Well, if KY has reason to believe FRAYDO isn't scum or didn't attempt a kill, then I can see why he wouldn't share the item thief info. FRAYDO claimed to be the attempted target, but I guess it's up in the air whether a victim is notified they were saved. It makes sense though, generally the NK targets are told they were saved to create an alibi for Doctor claims when that role would otherwise have only their own claim to go on.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Let's do this.

##vote nolynch

If somebody can make a good case based on the facts we know for lynching the potential killer I'll go for that. But I think we would be better off with a nolynch today given the fact we had no deaths last night.

I can agree with this, however I would like to know what others think of you, iLikeToTestDangerousSpellsOnRandomVictims.