[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

I was rebutting Shade's statement. Maybe I put too much emphasis on the buildup, so here's the TL;DR: Mojo's trying to throw us off with a Jeod-tier gambit. Who that is, I'm not sure. I'm doing a reread to see who, but my gut tells me either Retal or Shade.

Buuut I don't want to start closing cases on D2, and I don't want to be caught off guard if he's telling the truth.

Okay, enough from me for now. Gotta do an investigate.

6 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Not necessarily. We can scumhunt without ability reveals.

If Mojoman is lying, then he's trying to keep attention off of his scum team. You narrowed the possible scummates down to you, me, and Retal. Personally I don't think Cat5 has anything really clearing him at the moment, so he's on that table as well. It's also possible that Orange is a godfather. Or he and FRAYDO are both on the scum team, but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

But if Mojoman is telling the truth... all bets are off. Scum team could be just about anyone. Even iLTS and Louis are back on the table. But if I'm thinking from this perspective, then I'd expect scum to try and eliminate the Mastermind as soon as possible without giving too much rope to town. That brings me closer to you for calling for a hammer, and the early voters.

THAT ALL BEING SAID... I think Mojo's full of crap, and I'm going to operate under that assumption unless he flips Mastermind. 

If mojo's telling the truth, then scum don't know who is scum. They'd have to determine he was the mastermind first. I can't see snipe putting a target on his scum mate just to cast some suspicion on some townies. FRAYDO basically ensured we're lynching mojo with his cop report clearing Orange and by proxy himself. 

Louis I could see (I've had my eye on her based on how accusatory she was D1). She only really confirmed what FRAYDO's and Snipe's results told us. She also waited quite a while to claim that she tracked mojo to chop when that's the kind of result you report immediately. Maybe she didn't realize how valuable that piece of intelligence was, but by that point I think scum could have figured out that mojo was the mastermind based on scum doc activity.

To clarify what I mean by figuring out who the mastermind is by using scum doc activity:

You have 3 people in a doc together and they know which anon is the mastermind (either they were told or the mastermind slipped up). The two normal scum members just need to say "I'm not mojo" and then the jig is up.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, it also doesn't make sense to do an early hammer if we're actually discussing things, instead of just sitting around waiting for the lynch to happen.

I was thinking about starting up a conversation about what kind of role Chop had based on the assumption he visited Orange, but I think that would have mostly been fruitless.

Just now, Retaliation said:

To clarify what I mean by figuring out who the mastermind is by using scum doc activity:

You have 3 people in a doc together and they know which anon is the mastermind (either they were told or the mastermind slipped up). The two normal scum members just need to say "I'm not mojo" and then the jig is up.

I was thinking about starting up a conversation about what kind of role Chop had based on the assumption he visited Orange, but I think that would have mostly been fruitless.

In all fairness, do you think Mafia would want to off one of their own members at such an early stage of the game? Even if there is a Mastermind, Mafia shouldn't be infighting until they had killed off a few more Town players.

12 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, it also doesn't make sense to do an early hammer if we're actually discussing things, instead of just sitting around waiting for the lynch to happen.

Have some patience. The more time we have to think on the situation, the better off we'll be. In games that do feature early hammers, it's always best to avoid triggering it.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Have some patience. The more time we have to think on the situation, the better off we'll be. In games that do feature early hammers, it's always best to avoid triggering it.

I'd suspect that night actions and Mojomans alignment flip would be a more effective means of gathering information though.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

In all fairness, do you think Mafia would want to off one of their own members at such an early stage of the game? Even if there is a Mastermind, Mafia shouldn't be infighting until they had killed off a few more Town players.

That's a judgement call that will vary based on the people making that decision. I don't think it's relevant though. By the time Louis claimed she tracked him, mojo was already dead. She could have went with our suspicions that FRAYDO or Snipe were lying, but that would have backfired as the game went on. Better to just help off the guy they want dead anyway for town points.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'd suspect that night actions and Mojomans alignment flip would be a more effective means of gathering information though.

You have more time to think about what actions you might take depending on said flip, so your decision making should be better just for having more time to make it.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You have more time to think about what actions you might take depending on said flip, so your decision making should be better just for having more time to make it.

It's also hard to have a discussion when everyone is limited to two posts.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Shade's early calling for the PoE might have just been trying to get brownie points seeing as how pushy he's being, though I guess he's always pushy.

Of course, my objective might also be to eliminate all scum in game you know?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Does your objective have a time limit?

Yes, it's called when all of the Town members are dead. Something that's more likely to happen given how confused Town is about who mafia is, especially when the claimed mafia player is the one who's confusing them...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yes, it's called when all of the Town members are dead. Something that's more likely to happen given how confused Town is about who mafia is, especially when the claimed mafia player is the one who's confusing them...

Town won't die if the day never ends :dance:

I'm going to point out something that should be obvious, but Mojoman isn't trying to help Town with his claim, he's trying to help out his teammates and Mafia.

I suspect that the players who are actively trusting his claim are the more likely players to be member of the Mafia, since it'll help them to support that narrative.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I'm going to point out something that should be obvious, but Mojoman isn't trying to help Town with his claim, he's trying to help out his teammates and Mafia.

I suspect that the players who are actively trusting his claim are the more likely players to be member of the Mafia, since it'll help them to support that narrative.

And you would have deprived us of this revelation if we had the day end early!

Alliance

Day 1

Night 1

Day 2

Night 2

Orange

Town

NoLynch

Stole a night action from Cat 5 and turned it into an item. Automatically handed out items

iLikeToSnipe

Wacked Shade/nolynch

Got spaghetti and meatballs and dreamt of Mojo, Orange and FRAYDO

Used big stick on Mojoman

Killing_You

Voted for himself

Louis

NoLynch

Received the videotape and tracked Mojoman

Shade

Blocked by iLTS

Mojoman

Mastermind/ TP/ Scum

NoLynch

Used his special night kill to kill Chopbam and morphed Chopbam’s ability which is still unknown 

Blocked by iLTS

Cat 5

NoLynch

Retaliation

Chopbam

Unknown (Maybe town) 

Voted Mojoman

Killed

FRAYDO

Cop

Copped Orange and received an unknown item

Used wear glasses

I had free time at work

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Posting a chart means we're going to start holding you to a higher standard.

Hahah I'm only trying to follow Irishmans job hahaha also im trying to pay more attentive to this

On 5/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, Retaliation said:

So those things were items that were being handed out?

This is what he opened the day with. Not a comment on the janitor kill, not a comment on iLTS' spaghetti of cop-etti, not a thing of use. And most of his early D2 posts are fluff.

And then all of the evidence on Mojo hits like a freight train. We already had the spaghetti, but then came FRAYDO's report on Orange and Louis' report on Mojo. Mojo's goose is effectively cooked.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, Retaliation said:

So to be safe and ensure we lynch someone we actually suspect we need to set our votes now? In that case

##vote mojo

Here's where he puts his vote on Mojo. By this time, a bunch of votes had already piled up due to the evidence pointing right at him. Innocent delay, or hesitance to vote up a friend? Probably the latter.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, Retaliation said:

I feel like we got a lot of evidence against mojo super quickly and I can't tell if scum is making big plays or he's just that unlucky.

Here he puts some shade on the situation as a whole, being careful to not put too much pressure on it in case he needed to pull out. And he did shortly after.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:43 PM, Shade939 said:

I can eliminate, FRAYDO, Orange, and iLTS from the list right now.

Louis can be eliminated to a lesser extent.

And Category 5 is fairly unlikely since he was accusing Mojoman of being scum just yesterday.

ChopBam is dead.

So that would leave, me, you and Retaliation to be on the Mafia team.

While I don't think Shade's breakdown is concrete, it is still important to note. The suspect list was narrowed down somewhat, enough to give town some focus.

Shortly after this, Mojo opens up with his Mastermind claim. Keep in mind that I'm looking at this as if the claim is BS.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, Retaliation said:

A point in favor for this claim is that it's not an attempt to prevent us from lynching him. We actually have to lynch him based on this.

23 hours ago, Retaliation said:

He's not even really claiming TP, he's still claiming some kind of mafia.

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

If mojo's telling the truth, then scum don't know who is scum. They'd have to determine he was the mastermind first. I can't see snipe putting a target on his scum mate just to cast some suspicion on some townies. FRAYDO basically ensured we're lynching mojo with his cop report clearing Orange and by proxy himself. 

Louis I could see (I've had my eye on her based on how accusatory she was D1). She only really confirmed what FRAYDO's and Snipe's results told us. She also waited quite a while to claim that she tracked mojo to chop when that's the kind of result you report immediately. Maybe she didn't realize how valuable that piece of intelligence was, but by that point I think scum could have figured out that mojo was the mastermind based on scum doc activity.

49 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

All of this can be summed up as Retal trying to support the Mastermind claim. Why? Because anonymous scum means that trying to find teammates via interactions is impossible. That was the point I was trying to make; if it is true, it's going to make our jobs harder, and therefore the distinct possibility acts as a smokescreen. A temporary one, granted, but enough to allow the scum team to coordinate their plan.

38 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

That's a judgement call that will vary based on the people making that decision. I don't think it's relevant though. By the time Louis claimed she tracked him, mojo was already dead. She could have went with our suspicions that FRAYDO or Snipe were lying, but that would have backfired as the game went on. Better to just help off the guy they want dead anyway for town points.

Now he tries to cast some shade in Louis' direction. I'll go ahead and say that, for the record, I disagree with his assessment. Looking back at the interactions at the time, while Mojo was the more suspicious of the three, Louis' report seemed to be the big nail in the coffin. 

24 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Thank you for making my point more eloquently than I did.

All of this has me leaning in the direction of Retal. I feel like there should be some investigation in his direction tonight, namely from @FRAYDO and @Louis