[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

But would somebody else on your team be? I have a few good targets I hit if town lynched me, you may or may not be on that list.

I'm willing to take my chances on that. The only way you have a better idea than me on who is town and who is not, is if you are mafia. You might try to hurt town, but you may actually hurt anti-town instead.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think you are the one who needs the lesson. If you come here with MAD as your game, what do you think the results for you personally would be?

In a game where I'm a neutral player who could just be left alone? Survival if everyone listens and is rational (one reason I went with the action/lynch immune day ability), retribution in death if they aren't.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm willing to take my chances on that. The only way you have a better idea than me on who is town and who is not, is if you are mafia. You might try to hurt town, but you may actually hurt anti-town instead.

Or if I have accurate scum reads. Or if I have abilities that give me intel to act off of.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I have made more claims to be town or TP (when I'm not) than neutral I believe. I do a lot of fake claims and gambits, but I do that as every alignment. Town, mafia, neutral, or TP.

That's the point, when all we have is your word, your word has proven more worthless than Zimbabwean currency.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That's the point, when all we have is your word, your word has proven more worthless than Zimbabwean currency.

Nobody's word is really worth anything in this game. At any time anyone can make any claim. If you have solid reasons to believe I'm mafia rather than any other alignment then go ahead and go after me. You're going to be disappointed and one step closer to losing.

Do tell.

That requires guarantees of protection. Why would I ever help town if doing so puts me at high risk of a mafia kill when my goal is ONLY to survive?

Take a step back from being all towny and try to imagine you're a neutral with no night BP ability who only has a goal to survive. How likely are you to help either major faction if your only goal is to survive? Yes, either side could try to threaten me and press gang me into helping them. But that's why I have my backup warhead.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, since Cat 5 always needs to be pulled along on a leash.

##Vote ILTS

In addition to carrying on this conversation, I'm rereading the beginning of the game to try to determine who Louis's teammate might be. My willingness to lynch iLTS is somewhat dependent on that.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

In addition to carrying on this conversation, I'm rereading the beginning of the game to try to determine who Louis's teammate might be. My willingness to lynch iLTS is somewhat dependent on that.

How are you so certain Lois had a teammate?

I mean I'm also willing to draw his ire.

But I also thought that Louis was teamed with someone before I killed her, that being part of my reasoning for thinking she was Mafia. I think we know now that the thing she failed to send N1 was her night action, which I could see happening if she was on a team with someone and debating what to do. A lone TP doesn't usually forget to send an action in.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because she made a comment about the game being 2 v 2 v 2 v 6, and she was Third Party. 

I can't find that anywhere in her activity. If anyone actually made that, it might have been Shade.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

A lone TP doesn't usually forget to send an action in.

I'd disagree. Lone players are the most prone to forget to send in actions. If you have a teammate you can at least plan things, discuss, and be reminded to do something.

Let's say you had this split.

Mafia: 2

TP: 1

Neutral: 2

Town: 7

That's 8 players that Mafia has to contend with (Town + TP) and 2 wildcards. 2 v 8 is pretty close to standard for the ratio against mafia. Factor in whatever balancing Jeod has, and I think these numbers would line up well.