[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

10 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Well the good news for you iLTS is that I don't think we can afford to go after you.

PLAYER Claimed Alignment
SHADE939 Neutral
ORANGEP47 Town
KILLING_YOU Neutral
CATEGORY 5 Town
ILIKETOSNIPE Neutral
CHOPBAM Town
MOJOMAN Town
ANON_KAT Town
FRAYDO DEAD
RETALIATION Town
THEIRISHMAN DEAD
LOUIS Town

We have 7 claimed town players. If shade was doing a gambit and he wasn't attacked there's potential we have a 3 mafia game. I think it's unlikely that the claimed unaligned players are lying so that would be a 4 town vs 3 scum game. If one is lying we would still be facing a loss if we mislynch (lose on the N3 NK).

I'm considering a anon/Louis pairing because they seem to have gotten the idea that cat5 was bad from somewhere. Maybe anon jumped the gun and Louis feels she needs to help normalize that? She never voted cat5 D2 despite being so sure of it today.

That would be a big yikes! Didn't realize we might be that close.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That would be a big yikes! Didn't realize we might be that close.

Keep in mind Shade is 99.9% coming back from the dead if KY doesn't destroy his phylactery. I'm thinking he's either actually town or TP, I'd only buy his neutral claim if KY flipped non-neutral. But with what's happened, I have more reason to believe that KY is neutral than Shade. And if Shade is indeed TP, then I think we've got two mafia.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Keep in mind Shade is 99.9% coming back from the dead if KY doesn't destroy his phylactery. I'm thinking he's either actually town or TP, I'd only buy his neutral claim if KY flipped non-neutral. But with what's happened, I have more reason to believe that KY is neutral than Shade. And if Shade is indeed TP, then I think we've got two mafia.

Spoken like someone who doesn't risk losing if he's wrong.

I'm not sure the formation of neutral-TP influences my thoughts on 2 vs 3 mafia.  We were informed balance would be questionable.

I was about ready to say I'm still all in for ILTS or KY, but now I'm rethinking.  Normally it doesn't come down to this much of a time crunch.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I still think Endgame Mafia was my best hosted setup.

Yess..... I remember that game....

4 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Thoughts

I don't really get why mafia would use two actions to roleblock Irish and kill him the same night.

If they did I don't know how the roleblock would project to Louis but not to me or the killer.

I don't think the first scenario is plausible at all. If Louis is telling the truth it would require another scum roleblocker or just be scenario 3. Either Louis or iLTS is lying and at this point I suspect I'm being framed.

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The framing thing certainly seems plausible. If scum had a tool to kill TheIrishman without having a ticket first, it's basically an opportunity they can't pass up. It's pretty much an unwinnable WIFOM and I'm pretty much choosing to stay away from it.

However, if I take the angle that it's a frame job, where would blocking Louis fit into it?

15 hours ago, Louis said:

Irish roleblocked people who visited him so whoever killed him would have to be unstopable, or he visited someone else and then died. Or Retal killed him since he had the ticket. And we know Retal visited Irish last night because he admitted to getting candy from him.

If you guys refer to my post from last night, this would be ways Irish could have died. If a role block was used on him it would either cancel each other or nothing would happen.

3 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Eh it's not actually a no night action claim, but I can see how I read it that way.

3 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I had interpreted her posts to mean she was confused about the Irish roleblock and thought it meant you could only get a ticket if you could bypass the roleblock.

No N1 I forgot to check the forum, and I was confused on the whole ticket thing. It was weird he wanted me to pass him an item (even tho I did) knowing that I couldn't pass it to him with his roleblock.

17 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Well the good news for you iLTS is that I don't think we can afford to go after you.

PLAYER Claimed Alignment
SHADE939 Neutral
ORANGEP47 Town
KILLING_YOU Neutral
CATEGORY 5 Town
ILIKETOSNIPE Neutral
CHOPBAM Town
MOJOMAN Town
ANON_KAT Town
FRAYDO DEAD
RETALIATION Town
THEIRISHMAN DEAD
LOUIS Town

We have 7 claimed town players. If shade was doing a gambit and he wasn't attacked there's potential we have a 3 mafia game. I think it's unlikely that the claimed unaligned players are lying so that would be a 4 town vs 3 scum game. If one is lying we would still be facing a loss if we mislynch (lose on the N3 NK).

I'm considering a anon/Louis pairing because they seem to have gotten the idea that cat5 was bad from somewhere. Maybe anon jumped the gun and Louis feels she needs to help normalize that? She never voted cat5 D2 despite being so sure of it today.

The only reason I sus Cat5 was because he wasn't saying what he was doing at night, and because he's finding ways to outright sus me for no reason. I am town, a very vanilla one at that. 

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I literally chose all of your roles.

Can you copy passives? If not then you're apparently nobodies role (I doubt you can copy mine).

Just now, Louis said:

also @Retaliation just because Anon and I sus Cat5 does not mean we're on a team. All I want to know is who has the other balls, I want to make a wish and bring someone back

Is it Irish so you can kill him again?

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

By the way Retaliation, the fact that the game could be almost over if there were three neutrals, is precisely why I think there isn't three neutrals. Game could be over too quickly. At least one neutral is lying.

Lying as in they're actually TP or lying as in actually mafia?

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think one is mafia, though it's possible another is TP. I would be very surprised if this game didn't have a TP.

This is a good argument because it makes sense allows me to go back to hating on the claimed neutrals.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think one is mafia, though it's possible another is TP. I would be very surprised if this game didn't have a TP.

I'd lean toward KY being mafia. iLTS and Shade have ways to avoid death via lynch while KY seems to do... nothing (reoccurring theme I've noticed this game). I'm not sure why we have dragon balls in game, but that wouldn't be the first time scum hides behind the ambiguity of their abilities am I right?

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I'd lean toward KY being mafia. iLTS and Shade have ways to avoid death via lynch while KY seems to do... nothing (reoccurring theme I've noticed this game). I'm not sure why we have dragon balls in game, but that wouldn't be the first time scum hides behind the ambiguity of their abilities am I right?

Except that the Mafia don't seem to be lacking in tools to meet their objective, Town is. The nature of how the balls have been described to work suggest to me that it's a designed-for-town mechanic, even if it'll be difficult for town to take advantage of.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Except that the Mafia don't seem to be lacking in tools to meet their objective, Town is. The nature of how the balls have been described to work suggest to me that it's a designed-for-town mechanic, even if it'll be difficult for town to take advantage of.

Ye that makes sense... maybe I'm tunneling, but I'd be more agro on ILTS.