[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

10 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Basically I'm looking at it like this. I'm looking at the alignment of Louis and the alignment of the roleblocker.

If Louis is not-mafia and the roleblocker is mafia, the claimed results don't make sense. The Mafia should want Louis to pass the ball to TheIrishman. The worst thing that could happen is that she passes it to someone unnamed, but why would she do that? It would make more sense to roleblock TheIrishman, to prevent him from passing the other way.

If Louis is mafia and the roleblocker is mafia, the claimed results don't make sense. The Mafia's goal would clearly be to claim both balls. The roleblock would be used on TheIrishman to get through the defenses, or the whole claim of being "super roleblocked" is actually an action cooldown.

If Louis is any alignment and the roleblocker is not-mafia, what was the goal of the roleblocker? This might have made sense if iLTS did it as he claims neutral, but he says he did not.

Thoughts

I don't really get why mafia would use two actions to roleblock Irish and kill him the same night.

If they did I don't know how the roleblock would project to Louis but not to me or the killer.

I don't think the first scenario is plausible at all. If Louis is telling the truth it would require another scum roleblocker or just be scenario 3. Either Louis or iLTS is lying and at this point I suspect I'm being framed.

Well, I figured the roleblock would be used on TheIrishman to pass his defenses. However, I think we can already tell that a roleblock wasn't used on TheIrishman, suggesting that scum had another way to reach him. That doesn't solve the question as to why Louis would be "extra roleblocked", however.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, I figured the roleblock would be used on TheIrishman to pass his defenses. However, I think we can already tell that a roleblock wasn't used on TheIrishman, suggesting that scum had another way to reach him. That doesn't solve the question as to why Louis would be "extra roleblocked", however.

Anyone know if the Dragon Balls (according to DBZ lore) could affect anyone just by holding them? The only other person we know of to have one was Irishman. Nobody else has claimed having the third one, so I suspect KY either is lying and there were only two or mafia has the third one and is keeping quiet.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

She's claimed she doesn't even have an action normally. It would literally just be to prevent her from passing an item.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Anyone know if the Dragon Balls (according to DBZ lore) could affect anyone just by holding them? The only other person we know of to have one was Irishman. Nobody else has claimed having the third one, so I suspect KY either is lying and there were only two or mafia has the third one and is keeping quiet.

They're generally pretty inert on their own.

10 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I don't think the first scenario is plausible at all. If Louis is telling the truth it would require another scum roleblocker or just be scenario 3. Either Louis or iLTS is lying and at this point I suspect I'm being framed.

The framing thing certainly seems plausible. If scum had a tool to kill TheIrishman without having a ticket first, it's basically an opportunity they can't pass up. It's pretty much an unwinnable WIFOM and I'm pretty much choosing to stay away from it.

However, if I take the angle that it's a frame job, where would blocking Louis fit into it?

On 11/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, Louis said:

Okay now onto what i did find out last night, I for sure know that i received two items last night, the first one yall know is the dragon ball that i randomly received from KY. The other item is a mysterious shard, the only thing that i can do with it is pass it. Also I'm sorry to jump on the bandwagon but I too did not do anything last night. But what I did find out is that some did visit me and something about me change. I'm sorry to be ominous but I cannot reveal what changed or it might affect my life. 

[cut out reads]

Eh it's not actually a no night action claim, but I can see how I read it that way.

Just now, Retaliation said:

As an example, I'm pretty sure this is wrong because the ticket has no actions on it's own. It just gives you a one time passive.

What I thought would happen is that nobody (except maybe a power action that trumped roleblocks) could actually perform any action on Irish until they first visited him and got a ticket. "Visiting" him would include both actions and item passes. So you could pass an item to him, it would not be blocked, and you would still get a ticket.