[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, Retaliation said:

Anon is a better student than all of us combined.

I'd comment on my own high school homework strategy but it'd set the wrong example, especially as it apparently had no impact on my life if I've successfully gotten a Masters Degree.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Is it always that specific range? Are some weapons longer range?  I guess that makes sense why Bernadetta ran away to attack with the bow now.

All attacks have a range. Most weapons must attack directly. Bows must attack from a space away. Magic usually can be direct attack or one space away. The "Rng" stat on whatever weapon they use tells you what range it can attack at. 1 meaning direct, 2 one space away. 1-2 can do both. There are also some weapons, magic or combat arts that can do more than 2.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

All attacks have a range. Most weapons must attack directly. Bows must attack from a space away. Magic usually can be direct attack or one space away. The "Rng" stat on whatever weapon they use tells you what range it can attack at. 1 meaning direct, 2 one space away. 1-2 can do both. There are also some weapons, magic or combat arts that can do more than 2.

Yeah I don't appreciate how the game has not explained any of the stats to me.  I mean most are obvious, but some I'm just taking my best guess at what they do.  Kinda weird considering how well everything else is explained.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So when moving a character to attack, I recommend picking the spot you want them to stand on first, then then choosing to attack from that spot, rather than highlighting the enemy straight away.

Yeah it did tell me to do that, but without knowing what the range of the weapon was I had no idea where they were supposed to stand.

28 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

@FRAYDO You really think scum would skip out on a nightkill on a hunch that town is getting roleblocked so they can get their kills by mislynches instead???

Yes. That's my own assumption considering I'm currently the default lynch today.

25 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why are you making the jump that whatever happened to Coolrock is a TP thing? It's the only thing that anybody has talked about, so why aren't you thinking it's a mafia ability?

Coolrock's flavor of "someone messing with my head" is more likely pointing to the dubious psychic man than anything presently listed on the Mafia role sheet. Surely you didn't miss that?

19 hours ago, Coolrock said:

Someone tried messing with my head, BUT IT FAILED BECAUSE YOU’RE A BASIC BITCH!

image.gif.0bcae498abb9a3274e59b495536ee7e5.gif

Though I guess it means we could have potentially four reasons for the NK not happening, now.

1) They just sat there

2) FRAYDO was the intended killer and was blocked

3) Coolrock was actually stopped by whatever hit him.

4) Whatever happened to Coolrock was the NK attempt. Perhaps something like making Coolrock do the kill.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Didn't Shade call it a psychic attack too?

Almost. That was Retal that first called it.

19 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Well it sounds like Coolrock had an encounter of the psychic kind so is that nothing?

On that same note

19 hours ago, Retaliation said:

@Coolrock did you visit someone last night?

He also wanted to see if Coolrock had visited someone. Not sure at the moment if that means anything, but could be looking to verify something.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I guess I didn't take that literally, thought he was saying that someone was trying to ruffle his feathers by targeting him. Still, depending on when in the RA2 timeline this takes place, Yuri could still be a Soviet role.

Third Party alignment is purple colored this game.

Eh, I got TheIrishman in to playing the game, and by the time he got about 2/3rds of the way through he stopped playing because it was too easy. Another friend of mine is sitting two chapters from the end, and he's played plenty of Fire Emblem before and been basically unchallenged sine the fourth chapter. Normal is the most fair difficulty, but an efficient, smart player will outgrow the enemy very quickly.