[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

45 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

He doesn't try to explain why that's something scum would do compared to just killing.

Except I did try to.

16 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm inclined to believe scum may have correctly guessed that Shade was going to roleblock me. If they were wrong, they were running the chance of being caught doing the NK. If they were right, which they were, they may have figured to not only verify Shade's role but also implicate me as the cause of the missing NK.

You're pushing a little too hard on me. I don't think I like you.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

Except I did try to.

I've seen the "scum must not have killed last night' argument as a roleblocker that I don't give it the time of day :v.

When I thought the rhino was a doc and not a bodyguard? Sure I could have bought that.

I'm inclined to believe scum may have correctly guessed that Shade was going to roleblock me. If they were wrong, they were running the chance of being caught doing the NK. If they were right, which they were, they may have figured to not only verify Shade's role but also implicate me as the cause of the missing NK.

You could have put some other reason that the scum's nightkill didn't work, but "they guessed that town was gonna get roleblocked so a mislynch could happen" is really not a thing scum do.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Orange, before you get to far, I'd suggest playing the game on hard. If you play with any skill at all, playing on normal is way too easy, and only gets easier the longer you go.

Can I change once I've started?

31 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Except I did try to.

And it was the bare minimum without considering the downsides of that play. It turns any roleblock on scum into a Bad Day for team allies while an actual NK attempt would at least give cover to other scum members.

Orange, before you get to far, I'd suggest playing the game on hard. If you play with any skill at all, playing on normal is way too easy, and only gets easier the longer you go.

Yeah if you have completionist tendencies you'll end up overleveled. It's not actually a bad thing if you're intending on playing the other routes on harder difficulties.

Well this is inconvenient. I'm inclined to believe scum may have correctly guessed that Shade was going to roleblock me. If they were wrong, they were running the chance of being caught doing the NK. If they were right, which they were, they may have figured to not only verify Shade's role but also implicate me as the cause of the missing NK. It's not an easy out for me,

I didn't perform my action N1, but I can still confirm the flavor of being blocked by a shock. I hate to admit it and be in agreement but lynching me by default would be the best move if no other information comes up.

This is a really weird claim to make. Why would you think scum would guess that Shade would roleblock you specifically? Why would they be scared of being caught doing a NK, that's kinda how the game works?

15 hours ago, Shade939 said:

So, no NK, and I managed to role block the TP then?

Why do you make the jump that the person you targeted has to be hostile? If they didn't NK, then your target could be anything.

15 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

Curious. We do have one person who spoke up of being blocked by a potential TP, although the explanation remains dubious other than "it failed". The possibility of lying about the result is there, but to disprove that the TP would only be outing themselves and so they may be letting this lie slide for their own benefit.

Why are you making the jump that whatever happened to Coolrock is a TP thing? It's the only thing that anybody has talked about, so why aren't you thinking it's a mafia ability?

Why would you think scum would guess that Shade would roleblock you specifically?

I overlooked that tbh, went for the meat of it assuming he didn't mean specifics. Why would scum skip out on a nightkill to try to go for a mislynch on a hunch, rather than a nightkill and then try for a mislynch, attempting 2 kills instead of 1?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah. Normal is a good place to start if you've never played a game of this type before, but if you're already melting the enemies, the game is going to be a bit of a snooze fest later. You've got a couple hundred hours ahead of you.

I've played freeware Nintendo Wars clones, and a long time ago I played Panzer General II (and was very good at it), but that's about as much direct experience.  I mean, granted, I'm also a top notch XCOM player and such, but those games are a bit different.  I considered Hard, but I didn't know how different this game would be.  TBH I still don't know how to get the UI to let me do a ranged attack I just kinda flail at the screen and it happens when I want it to.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I've played freeware Nintendo Wars clones, and a long time ago I played Panzer General II (and was very good at it), but that's about as much direct experience.  I mean, granted, I'm also a top notch XCOM player and such, but those games are a bit different.  I considered Hard, but I didn't know how different this game would be.  TBH I still don't know how to get the UI to let me do a ranged attack I just kinda flail at the screen and it happens when I want it to.

For ranged attacks, move the character 1 space away from the enemy you want to attack. Your attack options will be limited to the ones that can hit from that spot.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

For ranged attacks, move the character 1 space away from the enemy you want to attack. Your attack options will be limited to the ones that can hit from that spot.

Is it always that specific range? Are some weapons longer range?  I guess that makes sense why Bernadetta ran away to attack with the bow now.