Message added by TheIrishman,

CVC:

Killing You voted Shade939
Shade939 voted Killing You
Retaliation voted Shade938

There are 3/3 votes cast

On 9/7/2021 at 9:00 PM, FRAYDO said:

dgs-dai-gyakuten-saiban.gif

Pray, forgive the discourtesy as I observe this game and fling my freshly uncorked bottle into the public gallery. I mourn the fallen Herlock Sholmes Tigger.

Yeah, about that...

On 9/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, Shade939 said:

So yeah, considering that role abilities probably aren't being revealed upon death, that does require players to actually communicate about them ahead of time if they want to get any use out of them in order to help track down Scum.

Being vague about an ability, really isn't going to help us out if you die before you can reveal more information about it.

I agree with this approach. This game is likely going to be pretty short, so even though we've only had one death, we're also rapidly approaching the end of the game. It's time for some cards to be put on the table.

barok-van-zieks-ace-attorney.gif

I am Barok van Zieks, and I am the cop role of this game. My N1 target was ChopBam and my result was "Not Guilty". I am choosing to believe there are probably not any roles that could falsify that result given the size of this game. So as far as I'm concerned, ChopBam is confirmed.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:07 AM, ChopBam said:

This is like pulling teeth. We're 12 hours closer to hammer and no CVC still.

This is why I picked ChopBam as my target. It was the only statement from him that stood out to me during D1, and it felt odd. There weren't that many posts overall, and the voting was not chaotic. There were only votes for Orange and NoLynch, nothing else. I felt the only reason why ChopBam would need a CVC was if he was partnered with Orange and was specifically concerned about the lynch because of it. I decided to go for the 2-for-1 deal it would represent if ChopBam returned a Guilty verdict, but it was not to be. I probably should have gone after my primary target, but perhaps it is better that I didn't?

I have removed ChopBam from my suspicion pool as a result. I also view Shade as almost certainly town, as I've been following and agreeing with most of his statements so far. Send help.

iLikeToFRAYDO just hasn't said enough for me to consider voting in that direction right now.

My conclusion is that I think the lynch should be between OrangeP47, Retaliation, and Killing_You. I also think ChopBam should be the one to lead the vote, even if he wants to vote outside of those parameters.

THE CASE ON ORANGE WAS BASICALLY A REHASH OF EVERYTHING I'VE ALREADY SAID ALOUD IN THE THREAD AND FUCK IF I'M DOING ALL THAT AGAIN JUST BECAUSE THIS FORUM SOFTWARE WOULDN'T COPY AND PASTE FROM ITSELF AFTER I TRIED SPLITTING THE ARGUMENT INTO MULTIPLE POSTS.

IT WAS BASICALLY HAHA LOL BUT WHAT IF THE MAFIA UNIVERSE STRATEGY WAS ACTUALLY CORRECT AND ORANGE FAILED THE R U SCUM TEST AND BOY DOESN'T HE GET REALLY WORKED UP WHEN PEOPLE ARE RIGHT ABOUT HIM BEING SCUM BUT HE DOESN'T LIKE THE LOGIC USED TO CATCH HIM

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

List posts like this are a general scum meta, though I cannot recall if it is specifically a KY!scum meta. Most of the list itself reads just fine to me. However, one thing caught my eye. Daycop? That's a little bit broader of an action than what Retaliation has claimed to have, but it does fit the description (thoroughly) of the action better than dayaction cop. Potential KY/Retal scumteam slip.

I thought it was clear from the context that I meant "Day-role-cop," it just slipped my mind that specifying the "role" part of rolecop might've been necessary.

This statement came right after I said that I wasn't expecting a kill during N1. Having given next to nothing for context, I read KY's question as a possible scum-aligned fishing attempt, looking to uncover a night action that would have prevented a NK. That could be paranoia on my part.

I think it comes down to a difference of opinion. I expect N1 kills as standard due to player size and potential doctors not really knowing who would be best to protect. Nobody dying N1 is what stands out to me.

Then there is the bit again about the interaction between KY and Orange. Orange seems pretty convinced that KY should have the ability to confirm Orange. Why hasn't KY really talked about that or indicated an agreement or disagreement?

Because my action wasn't informative. I have nothing more to go off of than you.

Yeah, about that...

I agree with this approach. This game is likely going to be pretty short, so even though we've only had one death, we're also rapidly approaching the end of the game. It's time for some cards to be put on the table.

barok-van-zieks-ace-attorney.gif

I am Barok van Zieks, and I am the cop role of this game. My N1 target was ChopBam and my result was "Not Guilty". I am choosing to believe there are probably not any roles that could falsify that result given the size of this game. So as far as I'm concerned, ChopBam is confirmed.

Fair enough. I suppose I should come clean as well.

I'm Dave. I'm a Hider. Specifically, I'm a Hider of the normal variety, meaning I don't die if I cower behind scum. That's why I had nothing to add. I figured Orange would be safe to hide behind given he was the most suspicious person D1, and therefore least likely to get hit with the NK.

My conclusion is that I think the lynch should be between OrangeP47, Retaliation, and Killing_You. I also think ChopBam should be the one to lead the vote, even if he wants to vote outside of those parameters.

Of these three, I'm most suspicious of Retaliation. I'll be back in after work (and before hammer, I'm pretty sure), so I'll withold my vote until then, and let Chop take the lead.

I guess I should also mention that I have a day passive that allows me to dodge daykills, which means someone here has one, and I'm willing to hedge my bets that they're not friendly.

Thinking about it, I could see an angle where Retal or his partner has a daykill, and Retal's ability is designed to see if someone could be hit by it or not.

2 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Of these three, I'm most suspicious of Retaliation. I'll be back in after work (and before hammer, I'm pretty sure), so I'll withold my vote until then, and let Chop take the lead.

So you agree 1 for 1 with Cat5 about 1) revealing ourselves, 2) Retaliation's sus vibes, and 3) that I should lead the vote?

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This is why I picked ChopBam as my target. It was the only statement from him that stood out to me during D1, and it felt odd. There weren't that many posts overall, and the voting was not chaotic. There were only votes for Orange and NoLynch, nothing else. I felt the only reason why ChopBam would need a CVC was if he was partnered with Orange and was specifically concerned about the lynch because of it. I decided to go for the 2-for-1 deal it would represent if ChopBam returned a Guilty verdict, but it was not to be. I probably should have gone after my primary target, but perhaps it is better that I didn't?

I suspect I have ADHD so that would explain why my mind would get distracted by "needing" a CVC when we don't have one or absolutely need one yet.

It's a good thread of thought to follow though, regardless of what I mentioned above. If Orange really is scum, then I'd be a good candidate to be his partner because my thing with the CVC was the only thing to jump out of the woodwork in terms of "saving" him. Retaliation would not be his partner in this case, so in my book if one flips bad, the other is cleared. Same with Orange and Cat5, I feel.

I feel like even if Orange flips town, we can learn more about the remaining players' alignments than we would if Retaliation flipped town. And if either flips scum, well, we have a winner.

I have my eyes on KY also for being very willing to be so led. If he is a scumdude, he's only following thus far because he trusts that his partner is not in our sights today (I.e. another person not scum aligned with Orange).

If it turns out Orange is our guy, iLikeToFRAYDO could be a good scum team candidate (could be that regardless due to inactivity).

Shade might also be a good candidate to team with Orange, voting for him yesterday to fit in with the joke stuff but not expecting it to actually go through. Shade's logic has been unusually on 👉 today.

Unlike Cat5 I also have no problem listing out players and what I think of them, which isn't what I set out to do, but sorta is what this post turned into. It can be very helpful later on when someone flips to see in hindsight how they read everyone else.

##vote OrangeP47

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't like that Retaliation is supposedly checking for day actions. I figure it's unlikely that scum have offensive tools as day actions given that they appear to have no trouble killing at night. So what is Retal looking for?

The main reason why I'm not more suspicious about Retaliation ability is the fact that it is actually a public day action that he has to use to gain that information. If he was Scum I'd picture it'd be much more likely that he'd have a night role cop ability instead if the results weren't supposed to help Town the majority of players in game.

Instead, he's more or less having to out himself to even use that ability.

5 hours ago, ChopBam said:

So you agree 1 for 1 with Cat5 about 1) revealing ourselves, 2) Retaliation's sus vibes, and 3) that I should lead the vote?

Yes. 

4 hours ago, ChopBam said:

So I basically have the power to start a bandwagon today, and Killing You's portion of that bandwagon is going to be right before hammer....

Not right before hammer, but I knew I was gonna be gone a while, so I figured a heads-up would be nice.

3 hours ago, Shade939 said:

@ Killing_You , as a normal hider you die if your the player you're hiding behind also dies correct?

I'm 99% sure, yeah. That's why I hid behind Orange, because I figured he'd be the least likely to be NK'd.

While I don't really agree with lynching Orange at this stage, I can see how it'd give us information, plus I did agree to go along with y'all today. Therefore, while I'd prefer a Retaliation lynch, I shall

##vote OrangeP47

Though actually I can't be disappointed in whoever's scum, because they're just doing their job tbh. (Stay tuned for who I think is scum)

Cat 5's posts are exactly what I wanted out of him.  I may have missed some points in my rush to catch up, but overall very good. It does make me reconsider Retal but I'm still not ready to toss out my read just yet, because frankly I feel as if he's scum he's played dumb, but eh... maybe that's not the best reason.  I'll accept the townread of Chop for the moment which leaves KY.  I do feel like some of the points against KY are a bit nitpicky, but overall the argument is still good even if you subtract those points (specifically the point about day-cop/role-cop terminology, that's a big fat nothing, but the overall goal/tone/objective of KY's posts and analysis thereof, I think that's solid, just as a brief clarification of what I mean).

In a game this small, you almost have to draw a halfway line and and have townreads on one half and scumreads on the other half.  By and large, Cat 5's post town-mind melded with my town reads, and I've addressed the others.  Barring FRAYDO, that is.  I feel like he could be the second, but we can address him later.  So for now, ##Vote Killing_You

If I die this phase I'm not mad, I'm pretty useless.  I'm a motion detector that's kind of like a hider.  I attach to other players, and if motion happens at that player, I PUBLICLY light up in the day post.  That's kinda why I think KY's claim is BS.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If I die this phase I'm not mad, I'm pretty useless.  I'm a motion detector that's kind of like a hider.  I attach to other players, and if motion happens at that player, I PUBLICLY light up in the day post.  That's kinda why I think KY's claim is BS.

In my rush to catch up I just realized I probably shoulda led with that.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Okay I'm confused now, because I didn't get a result for my action.

I mean I'm not a true hider, in that if someone kills ILTS/FRAYDO I don't die (I'm like 95% sure, maybe I do), but tbh it's kinda vague in my PM, but I 110% attach to someone, so I'm attached to FRAYDO right now.  That's why I told you to do what I did.  I assumed you tracked me to ILTS.  I was telling you to visit him the next night, cause it'd make me light up.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean I'm not a true hider, in that if someone kills ILTS/FRAYDO I don't die (I'm like 95% sure, maybe I do), but tbh it's kinda vague in my PM, but I 110% attach to someone, so I'm attached to FRAYDO right now.  That's why I told you to do what I did.  I assumed you tracked me to ILTS.  I was telling you to visit him the next night, cause it'd make me light up.

Ahhhhh, gotcha.