Looking for ra_sovietinvasion_coop

I downloaded it when a server for 1.2 was still being hosted, however it doesn't seem like the map came with the launcher package. I like to play the map every once in a while, but I lost the file when a rsync command went wrong. Can someone please upload it?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, ChopBam said:

As a note, we've had a version of this map in development hell for the modern version of APB, coming Soon™️ near you. :biggrin:

Good we will soon have a use for that badger texture :v

Thank you however I am still missing some files, for one the fire sound for the m16 is missing on this map, some textures, and while I haven't played long enough I'm pretty sure that the airraid siren mixed with an alarm that plays when badgers drop parabombs are also missing.

missing.jpg.bfaa5d6dc1d765d72e182540869e2d8a.jpg

I did back up my original copy of 1.2 that I downloaded however it seems that the map wasn't under \games\W3D Hub\games\apb\121 so where was it? (Just wondering it doesn't really matter anymore since the file is long lost)

Btw can we have a sneak peak of the remake of the map or is it still too early?:biggrin:

Not sure about the missing stuff, the current team doesn't really offer support for Beta, so you'd be best asking Einstein maybe for those files (as Nodlied suggested).

You can have a sneak peak; be aware it's still quite early in terms of visual development. Here's the SS I have on the Trello card, so it's meant to be more of a "this is THAT map" and not really meant to be promotional material. Still, you asked so you shall receive. :D 

image.png

Oh hey! I was away this weekend and did not check the forum until now.

If you had the map previously in the last 2-3 years then it was almost certainly obtained through the TT downloader aka TTFS. Those files can be found in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\W3D Hub\games\apb-121\ttfs. If you have these files on a previous computer or something then just copy the whole folder. The map will not be in a .mix format there but rather in an extracted format. Copying the whole folder will be the only way to get the whole thing.

I should have this somewhere, but I will also check with moonsense, as he was developing/maintaining this map for APB 1.2 until the server was taken offline. On that note, I'd like to get that back up some day. Its on my list....eventually. I also need to test 1.2 against the latest 4.x engine version and then release a minor patch to the game if no issues arise. I also seem to recall that there was a broken texture that needs fixing as well.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:10 PM, Einstein said:

If you had the map previously in the last 2-3 years then it was almost certainly obtained through the TT downloader aka TTFS. Those files can be found in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\W3D Hub\games\apb-121\ttfs. If you have these files on a previous computer or something then just copy the whole folder. The map will not be in a .mix format there but rather in an extracted format.

Ahh that explains why I lost the files, I made sure to copy the game under program files however for some reason whenever I went to copy my AppData folder nothing was in fact copied so I lost everything that was in there. 

On 6/6/2023 at 10:10 PM, Einstein said:

I should have this somewhere, but I will also check with moonsense, as he was developing/maintaining this map for APB 1.2 until the server was taken offline. On that note, I'd like to get that back up some day. Its on my list....eventually. I also need to test 1.2 against the latest 4.x engine version and then release a minor patch to the game if no issues arise. I also seem to recall that there was a broken texture that needs fixing as well.

That would be exiting as there are some elements of 1.2 that I prefer over the current versions. Also do you guys plan on rereleasing other old versions of APB?

On 6/10/2023 at 4:03 PM, LeonardMT said:

Ahh that explains why I lost the files, I made sure to copy the game under program files however for some reason whenever I went to copy my AppData folder nothing was in fact copied so I lost everything that was in there. 

That would be exiting as there are some elements of 1.2 that I prefer over the current versions. Also do you guys plan on rereleasing other old versions of APB?

I do plan on getting a few of the other milestone builds running on the latest 4.x engine and then putting them on the launcher. The final Alpha version "0.9935" will likely be next. It mostly works but will need to be tested. Same case with APB Gamma, the one before Delta. It was originally developed on the early 4.x engine, so it has taken the updates very easily. Beyond that, I want to try to get a combination build working, containing everything prior to Alpha 0.993. The reason for not releasing them individually is because they are nearly identical in many ways and contain so few maps (10 total maps between them all) that it would be cumbersome to do and likely boring for anyone to play. With 10 maps, at least it would make a decent throwback game night.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:28 PM, ChopBam said:

Not sure about the missing stuff, the current team doesn't really offer support for Beta, so you'd be best asking Einstein maybe for those files (as Nodlied suggested).

You can have a sneak peak; be aware it's still quite early in terms of visual development. Here's the SS I have on the Trello card, so it's meant to be more of a "this is THAT map" and not really meant to be promotional material. Still, you asked so you shall receive. :D 

image.png

Hopefully still has the "Speedy Gonzales" Shock Trooper.

• 7 months later...