Jump to content

Killing_You

Staff Moderators
  • Posts

    4,566
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    145
  • Donations

    0.00 USD 

Everything posted by Killing_You

  1. Alright, we're kinda getting away from the game here. @Anon_KatDo you have anything else to report? What did you do last night? Did anything happen to you? Also, are we missing reports from anyone, or has everyone checked in? I'm making lunch right now, so I can't check at the moment.
  2. To be fair, that's more of an issue with CYOR than most other setups IMO. Getting killed off before you get to use a cool role you took time to design is less fun than getting killed off before using a role baked into the setup and randomly assigned to you. I think that's part of why D1 NoLynch is a part of our meta; we play a ton of CYOR.
  3. @Anon_Katcare to come and explain your position?
  4. I was wondering who got the dragon balls (they were randomly dispersed at the beginning of N1.) Yeah, wish away, man. Just beware that some things might be beyond my power.
  5. Hold the phone. I have to know. Are you a hellish, disfigured version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory? Because if so, holy shit is that appropriate given the last time it was in Mafia.
  6. Probably closer to release. But believe it or not, I do have a rough idea for a Dead Legion mafia.
  7. resists the urge to shamelessly plug Dead Legion
  8. Oh, yes! THAT game! Truth be told, the visceroid got overshadowed by Jeod's incredible scumplay (or Town's bottemless gullibility with Cat5 being the sole exception, take your pick.)
  9. (DISCLAIMER: I never read/participated in any of the BHP-era games. I only have the W3D Hub era as a frame of reference.)
  10. Actually, I need a refresher on this. When was the last time we had a cult?
  11. I thought this was obvious already, but I guess not. I was literally just spitballing possibilities. I know as much about Irish as everyone else.
  12. Nah, as I said, I didn't visit anyone. I was making a reference to a previous CYOR.
  13. So Voe's choosing his heir now?
  14. Have you considered the possibility that Irish has a protective passive of some kind? That and a direct roleblock both make more sense than the knife being the roleblock.
  15. I suppose I should mention that I'm also in the "did not visit anyone" camp.
  16. 75 F today and tomorrow out where I live.
  17. Started the game while I was out camping last night, eh? Well, how are things? reads thread ...Yeah, that's about right. Might end up camping again tonight, so please try not to burn down the thread. :P Oh, and ##vote Killing_You
  18. I'll check in as often as possible, but just as a heads-up I'll be less active than usual, as that's when Dead Legion filming picks back up.
  19. And behold... the first teaser trailer!
  20. Mafia is a game of communication. You'll pick up on how actions work during the game itself, but the main thing you need to know is this: There is a hidden team of enemies (Mafia/Scum) among the rest of the players (Town). Your main goal is to talk with the other members in order to determine who is scum and vote them out. It's all about communication, deception, and "reading" people. You'll pick up on most of this as you go, but that's the most important thing to remember. It's a social game, and the most powerful weapon is words.
  21. I think the most logical explanation is that they simply fell out of favor for a number of reasons. Most likely, advanced technology that was able to fill the role of the dog without putting a living thing in danger, especially in regards to identification. It's worth remembering that attack dogs were absent during TD as well, so I don't think the oversaturation of Tiberium is that big of a factor.
×
×
  • Create New...