Remove APB

Catalyst

Please remove APB from the W3D Hub Launcher.

The Launcher & Gameservers

The BHP Launcher was also suddenly rebranded as the W3D Hub launcher, forcefully hijacking existing launcher builds and funneling players to the "new" site where they were "mysteriously" able to use their old login information. This was followed by a series of game update snafus, and client/server version mismatches.

Going forward, to prevent confusion, we anticipate shipping the BHP Launcher in a familiar form for now and hope any development of the W3D Hub launcher will continue responsibly in such a way as to not interfere with the BHP Launcher. We also anticipate no longer seeing the W3D Hub launcher list RA:APB gameservers and push builds of our game as we explore our options

Thanks for your Co-operation.

You do realize that removing it from the launcher will just make it worse for the already empty APB servers, right? APB should be advertised more, not removed from everywhere. I'll speak for myself but I guess other players will think the same - if it gets removed from the launcher, people will be less inclined to run an extra launcher to check the servers and/or play.

Hub staff ran away, now the same does APB.

Not quite. The Hub staff left as per internal split, it had no effect to players at first as launcher worked same as before, just different logo. This change however, seems to do a split entirely to have two separate player bases. In the end, it will be just worse for APB; especially after there will be more games and mods.

I disagree Bfranx. I dont have a problem with either side, but if anything all it's done is fracture a small community into a smaller community. Which means less posts and less forum activity.

The W3D Hub staff seem like incredibly reasonable people so i can only sumise that they had no other chocie than to do this... that doesn't mean that the end result will be positive though.

Edited by Shnappz

Well pretty much all of the C&C community knows what happened by now, and that means a lot of people are checking out both sites to see the aftermath.

So while it won't be a permanent thing, for the moment there will be a lot of publicity for everyone involved.

Reasonable or not, I doubt it came down to "we have no other choice."

That was a third party launcher made by ChronOS btw some weeks ago :p I'm not even sure if that went to be official or not for APB either. The original launcher which hosted all projects and games ever since has not changed though, but it's a good call regardless.

You can't forbid anyone hosting information of the servers you made free and open to public.

I mean just saying.

7YnwA1U.png

Keyword: "prefer". Not forcing or starting drama.

We accounted for that we have no word or control over what somebody's launcher can do.

I'm not looking at that part of the quote. I'm looking at the part where OWA says, "We are willing to remove APB from our launcher if the developers request it, so we only ask that you give us the same liberty."

Edited by Bfranx

Keyword: "prefer". Not forcing or starting drama.

We accounted for that we have no word or control over what somebody's launcher can do.

I'm not looking at that part of the quote. I'm looking at the part where OWA says, "We are willing to remove APB from our launcher if the developers request it, so we only ask that you give us the same liberty."

For that, OWA has to answer :)

why discuss? everything that needs to be said has been said already. now it feels like provocating eachother again "who made the right decision at all". i kinda loosing repect for both factions :D :D

why discuss? everything that needs to be said has been said already. now it feels like provocating eachother again "who made the right decision at all". i kinda loosing repect for both factions :D :D

This guy. I'm here because I enjoy playing these games.

This guy. I'm here because I enjoy playingbreaking these games.

Fix'd.

peoples discuss more then fixing the actual problem. gaining more players. lmao :D btw pyryle has atleast tryed to contribute something.. maybe some dont agree but others will do :unsure: if peoples directly accuse him for breaking games, how about posting suggestions instead peek on him? you guys make him look like the bad guy he just tryed to make us happy.

Edited by rackz

This guy. I'm here because I enjoy playingbreaking these games.

Fix'd.

This too :v:

Please remove APB from the W3D Hub Launcher.

The Launcher & Gameservers

The BHP Launcher was also suddenly rebranded as the W3D Hub launcher, forcefully hijacking existing launcher builds and funneling players to the "new" site where they were "mysteriously" able to use their old login information. This was followed by a series of game update snafus, and client/server version mismatches.

Going forward, to prevent confusion, we anticipate shipping the BHP Launcher in a familiar form for now and hope any development of the W3D Hub launcher will continue responsibly in such a way as to not interfere with the BHP Launcher. We also anticipate no longer seeing the W3D Hub launcher list RA:APB gameservers and push builds of our game as we explore our options

Thanks for your Co-operation.

Sure thing. Although this is pretty disappointing from a community point of view, we hope you guys will reconsider in the future. We're building up a pretty good amount of projects to feature on the launcher, so it may be something that you guys will want to opt back into in the future.

Just know that the option is always there.