I could probably release it right now if you wanted to figure everything out yourself. All that's left is to write the documentation and that is something I am horrible at, but being the sole active mapper for the APB team for the past year and having changed a few things from when the other active mapper was around, I'm probably the only one who can aside from maybe Raap :v

Software Development Kit. Its a package that contains all of the tools used to make the various components of the game, made available so that others can also make things. Modeling and mapping tools, etc. You'd need this if you wanted to make your own map for example.

I could probably release it right now if you wanted to figure everything out yourself. All that's left is to write the documentation and that is something I am horrible at, but being the sole active mapper for the APB team for the past year and having changed a few things from when the other active mapper was around, I'm probably the only one who can aside from maybe Raap :v

All my Delta knowledge for HW comes from you and Generalcamo.

At best I could do a very quick write-up of what shit you need to place in Level Edit specifically for APB Delta maps to work... But to delve into all the details of proxy'd script zones and what not... It would require a small book.

Edited by Raap

Well honestly when it comes to APB Delta specific stuff, the main thing is to place the tech level and game manager daves arrow objects.

The rest is standard W3D stuff you can follow a number of tutorials on.

A set of sample files should cover any doubt.

As for naval, well, it needs a bunch of proxy'd script zones, again, best handled via a sample file so people can see how it is set up. Besides that, you need a water level daves arrow that is placed 3 meters above the actual visible water level mesh.

Last but not least for naval, you need a series of tile meshes proxy'd from the main level file and be assigned special collision group settings in Level Edit, to handle what units collides where (this is how naval transports get to go onto the beach but not ships). A helicopter killer mesh as well, if a map has water and air units.

As long as you're making a standard C&C mode map you shouldn't run into any problems... Naval is harder to add and recommended only for experienced W3D developers. Just to warn mappers in advance, Hostile Waters uses 8 different W3D files JUST for the water logic alone (out of 32 W3D files in total).

Edited by Raap

Well, atm, I just aim to create an Air-map. When full documentation came out I'd like to work on something more advanced, but I've never done W3D mapping before so starting small is what I need to do first.

The only thing to consider with air units is the placement of two aircraft landing point daves arrow objects for each team, and face them in the right direction so the aircraft come in from outside your map. This is no different from previous APB versions.

I want to do a giant ants map but I think I want to complete TS_123 first.

New infantry models, skeletons and animation sets, which is what giant ants would require, is no small task. Good luck. :)
Edited by Raap