[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game II

VERTi60

RA: APB themed Mafia Forum Game Interest Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play/participate in RA/APB Mafia Game before September? Would you be interested for a TS/voicechat short version too?

• Yes, I can join the forum game anytime and Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Yes, I can join the forum game anytime but No, I'm not interested to join TS/voicechat short version
    • No, I can't join the forum game anytime but Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Not interested
    • I would be interested, but for different game theme (post suggestion, but I might not have time to develop new theme before summer ends)
    • I would be interested, but for different time/place/rules (post suggestion for change)
    • hydra null vote (post suggestion/comment)
  2. 2. Proposal: Mandatory Voting - would you like to have mandatory voting system in next game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hydra - post suggestion
  3. 3. Are you able to participate in next game that could be launched next weeks in September?

• Yes
    • No

Since I personally lack better leads, I'd go with

##vote FRAYDO

For me his current behavior is odd one which stands out the most. That Death Kitty obsession just isn't natural.

Voe is also pretty shady with "I don't care who gets lynched of the two" which just rings some very wrong bells. His high annoyance factor doesn't help his case either.

Sorry guys, I've been sick and as a result haven't taken time to post yet. I've been reading but I couldn't make much sense of it with my brain being kinda mushy. However, I called in sick from work, so I will actually be here from now until hammer.

I need to reread what has happened to day, but I want to say now that I'm fairly sure nothing happened to me and I'm completely bewildered by the night kill result. More will come later.

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 hours, 6 min, 10 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted FRAYDO

Death_Kitty voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

Isaac The Madd voted Mojoman

Killing You voted Mojoman

Mojoman voted Isaac The Madd

One Winged Angel voted nobody

Voe voted Isaac The Madd

5/9 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

Sorry, quoting is weird on mobile phone so I'll avoid creating a mess of text.

@Chaos

You have a point, my posts have not contributed much.

@Voe

The spout between Killing_You, Mojomon and Isaac has my attention, but I haven't had much time to analyze while at work. One thing did catch my attention that I think to call now.

@Mojoman

Killing_You's soft roleclaim would say otherwise, wouldn't it? How can we be sure that your Captain claim is correct then?

@Chaos

Ah, fair enough on that vote. I will be keeping my suspicions of Death_Kitty nonetheless.

I think FRAYDO is trying to lynch an inactive scum mate.

##vote FRAYDO

oooooo

Hey guess what, it's a tie between all 3 people i want tested B-)

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 hours, 18 min, 54 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO

Death_Kitty voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

Voe voted Isaac The Madd

6/9 votes casted so far

3 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

Ok, meanwhile...

Voe, you were previously a tank, correct? Could that role protect itself?

I'm not sure why Killing_You would need to defend himself given that. as he himself put it, was such a likely lynch target. Scum don't normally go after potential lynches.

Nodlied's night kill also didn't make sense to me because I thought he was the second most likely. This leads me to believe he was killed by visting someone who set a trap for him while Allied Spies disguised themselves and who is the only person who said that he targeted himself? Infact, that person went ahead and said it right away after you poked at him because he probably got an action result that mentioned being watched. Indeed, Killing_You protected himself because he knew town roles would be going after him and he can only use it once (Engineer).

Double Post Edit: *Nodlied was the second most likely lynch target

Alright, I don't really want to vote FRAYDO, I just wanted to see what he would do. He isn't here any more, so I want to vote Killing_You. However, I'm less suspicious of Issac and Mojoman than I am FRAYDO. If someone switches to Killing_You, I will too.

:soviet:Lynch 2 Result

[Lynch Dice Result] FRAYDO was chosen to be lynched by the dice roll (2.55)

HtwnW4y.png

[Lynch Result - Success] Players have decided that FRAYDO is going to be lynched today!
FRAYDO, the Soviet Rifle Infantry, will not fight for Stalin anymore!

:soviet:NIGHT 2

3ZrLV6e.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

:soviet: Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:
  • No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet: Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
No time left

CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted FRAYDO
Death_Kitty voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Voe voted Isaac The Madd

6/9 votes casted so far
3 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

In any case, tomorrow will be interesting. No doubt we'll be down a total of 3 townies, and a target will be painted squarely on my back. No doubt due to my dumbass waving a flag around saying "Kick me." Well, if I'm going down, I'm going down fighting. As for you Mojo...

tumblr_o7qrurvLos1v76kp7o1_500.gif

No, I didn't forget to unvote. I tried to get the people who were online around hammer to switch to Killing_You, but I didn't want to switch votes and leave Mojoman and Issac as the lynch targets when I found you more suspicious. I put myself in a bad position. I keep waiting to see what you were going to do as I was sure you would reply to that. I waited too long to propose the switch.

If OWA really has a night-only, dog actions only, post restriction, that sucks. It's really unfortunate when we wound up with a game that has so relatively little participation, that a player might have been forced to not participate. However, unless he's faking it, he just handed us the keys to victory. He's calling Voe scum, which should make him the obvious target going forward. Furthermore, it sure sounded to me like Voe just claimed to have a rolecop role and was concerned about a role that explodes when killed, which would be a problem for scum as they have to lynch him to remove him safely. I still think Killing_You is scum and he happens to be someone Voe has suddenly switched into thinking isn't scummy even though he once said (paraphrased) "KY is threatening town". Seriously, I don't know how anyone with a protection role would think they should protect themselves when they also think they are a lynch target. I don't buy it. He's also spending a lot of time thinking about how many people die before we lose.

Lastly, as we had another tie, the same voting analysis applies. There probably was not a mafia player amongst the three tied players. Obviously we know one of them is town as he flipped, and my two scum suspects both voted on the remaining two. In my opinion, chances are INCREDIBLY HIGH that there was no mafia player in the Day 2 vote. Voe's counter-argument against this is solid and I agree that it has it's flaws. However, I'm using post-game analysis on votes, not meta. Even though there are plenty of reasons not to break ties as that risks being obvious, they just do. It's easy to come up with any number of excuses for the vote and most scum members don't want to take a 25% or 33% chance risk of being lynched when there are so few of them to begin with. They'll take the chance that they might get lynched later over the idea that they might get lynched now.

Now, if I combine that with my Day 1 analysis, one thing comes up as an potential problem of my analysis. There are only two players who have not received a day-end vote: Voe and Killing_You. Oh, look at that, those two names again! And I have been saying that I don't think that mafia have been receiving votes in these ties. But that leaves us a player short. Given an expected 25%+1 scum rate, we should have 3. But it's ok, I think I know what happened here. Voe claimed to find a role that explodes when killed, which would certainly be risky for mafia but also for town players who might use weapons. We may have a anti-town 3rd party instead of a 3rd mafia member, and that person is Mojoman.

...post was made while I was making this...

Killing_You, did you just threaten to use an unstoppable kill on Mojoman?

Not unstoppable, in fact I'm probably going to miss. He's just #1 on my hitlist, and frankly, we've lost 2 town already, 1 more tonight unless a miracle happens, then I'll be lynched tomorrow, and then the untouched scum will hammer the remaining people. I figure if I do manage to hit him and he flips scum, we can focus on the other suspects and get a two-for-one special putting us back in the lead.

Also I protected myself because I had no idea what else to do.

The only thing I can do. Snuggle in bed with a vodka bottle. Also, I thought Voe was talking about me going down, but I guess I just conflated that with Isaac's post for some silly reason. And since Voe seems untrustworthy... yeah good call.

KY, did you know that there is a limit of posts during the night? :p

Night Phase doesn't allow a full discussion.

Expect a little penalty next day for the two extra posts. However, If you keep violating the rule, I'll have to mute you completely.

RNG lynch after RNG lynch. And not just a tie between 2 again. At this point we are better off lynching the dice as it holds the biggest responsibility atm.

This is seriously not helping us much as we are left with a whole lot of wacky votes, a dead townie and very little in terms of actual leads.

Uuu, so this is the day the Cat5 finally takes note of me. I wonder how come there was literally nothing coming my way until now.

Have I lived my purpose?

:soviet:DAY 3

UeQDPA8.png

Yet another glorious morning, comrades! Or, it would be if some of you weren't missing! After a quick search of the base, you have found who it was!
Oh no, it's our Sobaka! :(
One Winged Angel, the Soviet Attack Dog has been murdered by the Allies!
We must not stop now however. Find and lynch the remaining Allies before it's too late!

The Soviets win when they have eliminated the Allied threat (all allied players must die).
The Allies win when they have managed to dispose of enough Soviets to outnumber them (or equal before plan phase).
If there are any Neutrals in game, they will win if they survive until the game ends with any of the fractions winning.

If there are any Third Party in game, they will win if they met their special objective.

:soviet:Day Guidelines

During the DAY - Battle Phase (24 hour duration), everyone talks and tries to build cases against each other directly in the forum chat. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.
The goal of the Battle Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:
##Vote PlayerName
If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with. During the Battle Phase, players are also allowed to use their battle actions, such as ##shoot, etc. which will be resolved instantly. If the target players dies, he will be eliminated from the game and the game will continue (his vote will no longer be counted).

All BP/day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted (just simple line to acknowledge so you know it came through, Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). Remember, without the mod acknowledge line, your vote or action doesn't count, so please don't do actions before the previous one was resolved. If it was missed, please use ##TIMEOUT command to stop the game, but only if it's really required (otherwise just repeat your action). All players are required to participate in chat, if one player stays quiet whole phase he/she might get role blocked for the next plan phase.

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

:soviet:CVC - Cumulative Vote Count

Time Left:
23 hours, 59 min, 59 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
Death_Kitty voted nobody
Isaac The Madd voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
0/7 votes casted so far
No votes casted so far

Great. I specifically didn't address the dog past day2 just so scum wouldn't notice and you had to blabber about it. Don't kill me. See you tomorrow.

I don't know, Mojo. You still smell scummy to me, just like Voe's smell. Looks like it's time for a two-for-one special, since Voe is confirmed scum.

##shoot Mojoman

##vote Voe

As for our poor pupper, I lay a milk bone and a bottle of vodka on your grave. That's what Boris would do.

Wait a sec, I just reread and remembered the explodey bit. Shitshitshit!

##unshoot ##UNSHOOT!!!