[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game II

VERTi60

RA: APB themed Mafia Forum Game Interest Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play/participate in RA/APB Mafia Game before September? Would you be interested for a TS/voicechat short version too?

• Yes, I can join the forum game anytime and Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Yes, I can join the forum game anytime but No, I'm not interested to join TS/voicechat short version
    • No, I can't join the forum game anytime but Yes, I would like to join TS/voicechat short version
    • Not interested
    • I would be interested, but for different game theme (post suggestion, but I might not have time to develop new theme before summer ends)
    • I would be interested, but for different time/place/rules (post suggestion for change)
    • hydra null vote (post suggestion/comment)
  2. 2. Proposal: Mandatory Voting - would you like to have mandatory voting system in next game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hydra - post suggestion
  3. 3. Are you able to participate in next game that could be launched next weeks in September?

• Yes
    • No

Generally actions like this are resolved one at a time, so don't start the party just yet.

Pretty much this. Only when 1 is resolved, the next is taken into account.

You guys may want to rethink shooting until you can see the first result.

Also the game is now paused until vertigo arrives. So keep posting to minimum.

All you gotta do is play a little COD music and suddenly everyone starts shooting...

Also people ##unshoot is not a valid command, once you shoot you shoot :p (every action counts)

But you should wait to get the battle action resolved anyhow next time (since you know, there could be consequences...)

Puppy! No!

##SHOOT VOE

[battle Action] Category 5 Hurricane is attempting to shoot Voe - please STANDBY for result !
[battle Action Result - FAIL] Category 5 Hurricane shoots Voe, but misses!

We are literally screwed. This game was fast.

I name myself as partially responsible for everyone dying.

But perhaps I can even the odds in favour of my comrades...

##Shoot Cat 5

[battle Action] Mojoman is attempting to shoot Category 5 Hurricane - please STANDBY for result !
[battle Action Result - FAIL] Mojoman's weapon got stuck!

I don't know, Mojo. You still smell scummy to me, just like Voe's smell. Looks like it's time for a two-for-one special, since Voe is confirmed scum.

##shoot Mojoman

##vote Voe

As for our poor pupper, I lay a milk bone and a bottle of vodka on your grave. That's what Boris would do.

Wait a sec, I just reread and remembered the explodey bit. Shitshitshit!

##unshoot ##UNSHOOT!!!

[battle Action] Killing You is attempting to shoot Mojoman - please STANDBY for result !
[battle Action Result - FAIL] Killing You shoots Mojoman, but misses!
[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Voe to be lynched!

Time Left:
14 hours, 6 min, 16 sec

CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
Death_Kitty voted nobody
Isaac The Madd voted nobody
Killing You voted Voe
Mojoman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

1/7 votes casted so far
Voe has the most votes - 1

I have a gun, too.

##shoot cat5

[battle Action] Voe is attempting to shoot Category 5 Hurricane - please STANDBY for result !

[battle Action Result - FAIL] Voe shoots Category 5 Hurricane, but misses!

Time Left:

13 hours, 50 min, 52 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Death_Kitty voted nobody

Killing You voted Voe

Mojoman voted nobody

Voe voted nobody

1/7 votes casted so far

Voe has the most votes - 1

What is this even, the sudden Cat5-Killing_You crusade against me? No other power players left to remove?

You shoot me at daybreak and when you fail, you switch over trying to get me lynched?

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Voe to be lynched!

Time Left:

13 hours, 17 min, 35 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Voe

Death_Kitty voted nobody

Killing You voted Voe

Mojoman voted nobody

Voe voted nobody

2/7 votes casted so far

Voe has the most votes - 2

I was really wondering if Isaac, Kitty and Chaos weren't going for some sneaky scum victory. Clearly, I was mistaken.

Category 5 Hurricane- His analytics throwing shade on me, Chaos, and Nodlied would have my suspicion IF he didn't turn out unlynchable. So unless he's a weird third party thingimajigger, he's town for sure.

Killing_You- Obviously town. Go ahead and check my records tonight if you can. But if you suspect me, I don't blame you, my impatience eagerness to start got ahead of me, and will probably get my ass lynched today. Then I'll flip town and open the floodgates for bad things.

Alright, I don't really want to vote FRAYDO, I just wanted to see what he would do. He isn't here any more, so I want to vote Killing_You. However, I'm less suspicious of Issac and Mojoman than I am FRAYDO. If someone switches to Killing_You, I will too.

Now, if I combine that with my Day 1 analysis, one thing comes up as an potential problem of my analysis. There are only two players who have not received a day-end vote: Voe and Killing_You. Oh, look at that, those two names again! And I have been saying that I don't think that mafia have been receiving votes in these ties. But that leaves us a player short. Given an expected 25%+1 scum rate, we should have 3. But it's ok, I think I know what happened here. Voe claimed to find a role that explodes when killed, which would certainly be risky for mafia but also for town players who might use weapons. We may have a anti-town 3rd party instead of a 3rd mafia member, and that person is Mojoman.

I took a while to re-read the whole thread. I was focusing on you, victorious people, ones who come in guns-blazing and try mopping the place up.

A day too early.

##vote killing_you

I'd much rather have cat5 lynched, but for some reason it just won't budge. And we don't have enough time to try and test if it was one-time or all-time lynch protection.

No, I didn't forget to unvote. I tried to get the people who were online around hammer to switch to Killing_You, but I didn't want to switch votes and leave Mojoman and Issac as the lynch targets when I found you more suspicious. I put myself in a bad position. I keep waiting to see what you were going to do as I was sure you would reply to that. I waited too long to propose the switch.

Clearly.

[Vote Counted] Voe voted Killing You to be lynched!

Time Left:

11 hours, 43 min, 53 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Voe

Death_Kitty voted nobody

Killing You voted Voe

Mojoman voted nobody

Voe voted Killing You

3/7 votes casted so far

Voe has the most votes - 2

Also people ##unshoot is not a valid command, once you shoot you shoot :p (every action counts)

I know, I was joking when I said that. :p

What is this even, the sudden Cat5-Killing_You crusade against me? No other power players left to remove?

*Growls at Voe*

Oh no, it's our Sobaka! :(

One Winged Angel, the Soviet Attack Dog has been murdered by the Allies!

I rest my case.

I know, I was joking when I said that. :p

*Growls at Voe*

Oh no, it's our Sobaka! :(

One Winged Angel, the Soviet Attack Dog has been murdered by the Allies!

I rest my case.

You're not that good at this game KY, are you?

OWA was a cop. It is a written rule that cops ALWAYS check themselves Night 1 to verify their sanity. OWA didn't do that. He went for me (which I have admitted on Day 2, which is ALSO connected to the fact I voted for him Day 1), but by the end of Night 2 he was a gonner.

Now, who benefits most from killing OWA AFTER he's already marked me? Oh wait -

However, unless he's faking it, he just handed us the keys to victory. He's calling Voe scum, which should make him the obvious target going forward.

It was very convenient. Making a huge point about the cop's claim (where Cat5 knew OWA couldn't be sure of his sanity) to point fingers, and then get rid of the cop before he could react or verify himself. Clever trick, but not clever enough.

No, I didn't forget to unvote. I tried to get the people who were online around hammer to switch to Killing_You, but I didn't want to switch votes and leave Mojoman and Issac as the lynch targets when I found you more suspicious. I put myself in a bad position. I keep waiting to see what you were going to do as I was sure you would reply to that. I waited too long to propose the switch.

If OWA really has a night-only, dog actions only, post restriction, that sucks. It's really unfortunate when we wound up with a game that has so relatively little participation, that a player might have been forced to not participate. However, unless he's faking it, he just handed us the keys to victory. He's calling Voe scum, which should make him the obvious target going forward. Furthermore, it sure sounded to me like Voe just claimed to have a rolecop role and was concerned about a role that explodes when killed, which would be a problem for scum as they have to lynch him to remove him safely. I still think Killing_You is scum and he happens to be someone Voe has suddenly switched into thinking isn't scummy even though he once said (paraphrased) "KY is threatening town". Seriously, I don't know how anyone with a protection role would think they should protect themselves when they also think they are a lynch target. I don't buy it. He's also spending a lot of time thinking about how many people die before we lose.

Lastly, as we had another tie, the same voting analysis applies. There probably was not a mafia player amongst the three tied players. Obviously we know one of them is town as he flipped, and my two scum suspects both voted on the remaining two. In my opinion, chances are INCREDIBLY HIGH that there was no mafia player in the Day 2 vote. Voe's counter-argument against this is solid and I agree that it has it's flaws. However, I'm using post-game analysis on votes, not meta. Even though there are plenty of reasons not to break ties as that risks being obvious, they just do. It's easy to come up with any number of excuses for the vote and most scum members don't want to take a 25% or 33% chance risk of being lynched when there are so few of them to begin with. They'll take the chance that they might get lynched later over the idea that they might get lynched now.

Now, if I combine that with my Day 1 analysis, one thing comes up as an potential problem of my analysis. There are only two players who have not received a day-end vote: Voe and Killing_You. Oh, look at that, those two names again! And I have been saying that I don't think that mafia have been receiving votes in these ties. But that leaves us a player short. Given an expected 25%+1 scum rate, we should have 3. But it's ok, I think I know what happened here. Voe claimed to find a role that explodes when killed, which would certainly be risky for mafia but also for town players who might use weapons. We may have a anti-town 3rd party instead of a 3rd mafia member, and that person is Mojoman.

...post was made while I was making this...

Killing_You, did you just threaten to use an unstoppable kill on Mojoman?

The second quote i forgot to remove. Maybe even better, since Cat5 points fingers at KY just as much as at me, yet KY, completely ignoring it, jumps on the bandwagon.

Well, here goes. *sips coffee* Ahh... I love the smell of the communism in the morning.

OWA was a cop. It is a written rule that cops ALWAYS check themselves Night 1 to verify their sanity. OWA didn't do that. He went for me (which I have admitted on Day 2, which is ALSO connected to the fact I voted for him Day 1), but by the end of Night 2 he was a gonner.

Fair point I guess. However...

post-7924-0-60539600-1472653230_thumb.png

It seems only the Starshina has a sanity clause, not the Attack Dog. So unless the sanity clause for dogs is unwritten for some reason, we can assume that he was perfectly fine to sniff you. And even then, it's a 50/50 shot. So, do we have anything else to go on? Well, let's take a look.

##vote OWA for being quiet whilst not a newbie.

This is what first caught my eye, but then again I wasn't sure what OWA was at the time. Since he flipped dog, this seems a bit more suspicious. And then...

Also, i was stalked tonight by a "something", not a "someone". Given that I voted on OWA day 1, and he "rolled a bit" in night 1, i assume it was him, the dog.

And what happens Night 2? Dead dog. Can't be coincidence.

Great. I specifically didn't address the dog past day2 just so scum wouldn't notice and you had to blabber about it. Don't kill me. See you tomorrow.

Or maybe you just didn't want unnecessary attention drawn because you knew he had you pegged. Also slightly contradicts your above post.

What do you have to say, Killing_You?

Casting more shade on me after the night, even though people were already suspicious of me? Nice way to gain town points there.

I don't know, boi, KY is threatening town pretty legitimately, it doesn't take a mafia veteran to figure it out.

Okay, maybe I was acting scummy early on. But then...

I am rather sure KY is town. He did say he'll keep a closer look on Nodlied (I was curious what that could possibly mean) until he claimed he was only protecting himself (which leads to a generalised rifle role). If i know Vertigo to a degree i think i do, he doesn't rick-roll the roles, but chooses them accordingly. I'm more and more convinced KY is neither mafia, nor third party. Genuine rifle for a new player, I presume.

Nice flip-flop you've got there. And seemingly without provocation, too. Maybe because someone else was on your hitlist and you wanted to save me (the n00b) for last?

##vote isaac the madd

No difference to me. Let the gods decide.

You tied the vote when one of your suspects was on the chopping block already, and we weren't in danger of accidental hammer. That just doesn't sit right with me.

Uuu, so this is the day the Cat5 finally takes note of me. I wonder how come there was literally nothing coming my way until now.

Have I lived my purpose?

It would appear you have. You've successfully eliminated three of us and diverted attention away from your accomplice, whoever they may be. The jig is up.

At this point I am pretty certain Death_Kitty isn't actually playing.

Actually, I think only Voe, Killing_You, Mojoman and myself are playing. Frankly, the rest haven't been doing much. Yes, that includes you.

I have noticed that the only person involved in this firefight who might be an Allied Spy is Mojoman. Since I doubt this game lacks a vanilla mafia role (which the Spy effectively is) that means I'm off track a bit as neither Voe nor Killing_You can be one.

Voe: The only way to check sanity is lynching, if we even accept the idea that sanity is a problem for OWAs role. We also haven't had a cop counter-claim, which we might have expected to see back when you were the first person to catch OWA as the dog and posted twice about it before anyone else did. If there was an insane cop, there should be another cop role. Frankly, if you were town, I think you'd come up with a better argument to stand on if you claimed OWA wasn't trying to mark you but was saying something else like a general disagreement with you. But you didn't do that, which I think marks you as a mafia player who has been boxed in, not a town player who doesn't know why OWA marked him. Also attacking a relatively clear town role doesn't help.

blabber blabber blabber

1. These are the roles from the previous game. Cat5 has already announced he picked his specifically. Don't presume you know everything.
  2. OWA didn't "flip" dog, it was my opinion he could be dog.
  3. Dog died after barking at me. I described it in the post above, do you need a quote?
  4. You said you'd "keep a close eye on Nodlied", and then he died immediately after. I was wondering if you had anything to say on the topic? Perhaps visited him for any reason?
  5. Cat5 also tied a vote. You don't seem to mind that, even when he said it was to lynch you.

1. Checking sanity by lynching? I don't ever recall cops lynching themselves to find out their hidden perks.
  2. Cop counter claim? Who claimed cop this game? I read the thread again and again and I've seen not a single one.
  3. I never said OWA didn't try to mark me, because he did. I am saying that he conveniently died before being able to verify himself.
  4. "Relatively clear town role" according to who? You? I bet you're also a relatively clear town role. According to killing_you. ;)

blabber blabber blabber

1. These are the roles from the previous game. Cat5 has already announced he picked his specifically. Don't presume you know everything.

I grabbed that from the beginning, and I was using that to check the abilities of the Starshina and Attack Dog specifically. Custom roles need not apply.

2. OWA didn't "flip" dog, it was my opinion he could be dog.

And he turned out to be a dog when he died, which is why I said he flipped town.

3. Dog died after barking at me. I described it in the post above, do you need a quote?

Yeah, he did die after barking at you. And then you killed him before he could locate the other scum. So now even if you die, your friend(s) will stay safe.

4. You said you'd "keep a close eye on Nodlied", and then he died immediately after. I was wondering if you had anything to say on the topic? Perhaps visited him for any reason?

Like I said, I fortified myself because I figured someone would try to shoot me. Also I was going to keep an eye on him because you made a convincing case against him, but then he turned up dead.

5. Cat5 also tied a vote. You don't seem to mind that, even when he said it was to lynch you.

Because he was unlynchable without having a night to activate any special abilities. I'm pretty sure he's a building, and unless we have Camo Pboxes and Tech Centers in for some weird reason, he's town.

Here's my question: Who is/are the other scum player(s)? We really don't have very many leads to go on (other than Mojo being a kamikaze third party possibility). Voe's certainly scum, but anyone else? I try to follow the trail, and it's freezing here.

Are you saying that she told me to say that? Wow you really are reaching here.

No, I am saying that if I wanted to talk to Cat5 I'd talk to him directly. No need to repeat after him word by word.

Besides, how do you know about the marker and Isaac if you're new to this thing?

ITT:

Stormtrooper_Corps.png

Now what do we have?

First of all, no LYOL or MYLO warnings. Might be a sign of just 2 scum players instead of anticipated 3. Hm... now this might be important later on.

I still have stand by my initial analysis of Cat5 - he's likely town despite everything I have to say below. As proven by this morning shootout unlynchable scum/hostile TP would be a balance disaster with RNG-based guns. There are some things deeply bothering me tho, like creating a 3-way tie using my vote for leverage. Now, I provided my own reasoning of why I saw FRAYDO sketchy, and he himself even admitted that. What Cat5 provided? Was that a scum bait? Or just adding more ties for the god of ties so that we'd get even less info out of the lynch? And then that sad excuse of "I am sorry, I was too late. I wanted to push for KY but didn't post in time!"

If you wanted to go after KY, Y U NO vote on him then? With the right argumentation it had much higher chances of achieving the results you claimed you "wanted" to achieve with KY. Nope, you drop a vote on FRAYDO, wait until like TWO DAMN MINUTES before hammer leaving no time for people to think for themselves and THEN reveal your plan.

This just doesn't glue together very well now, does it? So I am rather thorn between balance+logic and my paranoia/intuition. After all, maybe that lynch protection was 1 time use?

Voe on the other hand was obviously sniffed out as scum, right? I'd say yes, it's most probable. OWA growled at him, Voe admitted being sniffed out. It all comes together pretty well.

His behavior has also been pretty fishy. Claiming rolecop? Scaring town with someone being explosive? Why would you do that, seriously? I was suspicious of him yesterday, I still am today.

He's not a spy tho, since his shot missed, not jammed.

There's one wrench, however, which might ruin the clockwork.

When the bullets have no effect, you'll know that I'm telling the truth.

So he's Mr. Vehicle. He can also shoot.

Let's keep that in mind.

Cat5 pocked at KY since N1 literally calling him scummy. Yet somehow KY was never trully questioned, not even by Cat5 somehow.

Now this morning our doge was found dead. Let's be honest, only a fool would be completely oblivious to the fact that OWA was a dog even before he flipped. But somehow, only after OWA died, Cat5 and KY bothered to attack Voe. Why?

I guess I could drop the blame of strange choices Cat5 made on his claimed IRL illness. I know how it is.

BUT

There's another person in this mess. Killing You.

He claimed a vehicle. And what vehicles do we have in stock?

Heavy tank is a bodyguard role. Keeps people safe at night, nice and... probably not very cosy.

And... Allied APC. Which is basically a damn bus.

Now, looking how eager KY is to push on Voe so hard, I see 2 possibilities.

1. Voe is scum, KY is scum, they are just playing a little play for us so that the survivor gets clean pass.

2. Voe is scum, KY is not. But then what's up with all that weird behavior, uncalled roleclaims, BP claims and all other rookie scum mistakes? Why shoot Mojo if you think that Voe is scum?

2. Voe was bussed N1 with some scum. KY is an APC. Now wouldn't that be funny, eh?

So in my opinion first we need to know who KY is. Voe is a safer lynch choice, but this bus scenario and general weirdness and unexpected jolly cooperation of Cat5 and KY are seriously off-putting.

Cat5 might be genunie in his hunt, but KY just seems to try a bit too hard to please him. And him specifically... as um, bad, as it sounds.

Predicted scum teams:

KY and Isaac. Bus theory. Isaac studied the previous games quite closely it seems so he could easily guess who'll be investigated N1. Voe.

KY and Voe. Show theory.

KY and Cat5. Why this is even a thing? Well, IF there's less than 25%+1 scum, Vert might've balanced it out by making one of them 1-time lynch proof. Simple as that.

And KY is in all 3 of them in my book.

##vote Killing You