[POLL] Would you be interested in a simplified intermission mafia game?

Jeod

Would you be interested in a simplified intermission mafia game?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a simplified intermission mafia game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but save the Death Note theme for something bigger

Just as the poll says, I believe a mafia game themed around Death Note would make for a fun game with a lot of role possibilities. What I have jotted down for it right now is a simple version, though, and nowhere near as "complex" as Verti or Cat5 games might be. Thus, the poll question.

I think those of us who don't know what death note is will be a little lost and less likely to sign up...

That's the problem with the flavor games.

When I run Dead Space RPG Mafia Series, I've simultaneously run a story where characters were introduced, also every role PM had a very detailed story about each role. Additionally each day or night phase revealed more about the story and dead character. Of course the story went a bit part from the original based on the game events.

Other solution is wiki.

I think those of us who don't know what death note is will be a little lost and less likely to sign up...

If I were to design a complex version of a game with the DeathNote flavor I would create an introduction story to show the basic concepts of the flavor. Deep flavor knowledge wouldn't be necessary for the game since a flavor game shouldn't be designed around canon flavor anyway. That would give certain players a big advantage over others.

On the other hand, I'm more than willing to leave the complex game designs to Verti who has much more experience than I do when it comes to flavor games. If Verti feels overwhelmed with the demand for flavor mafia games I could GM some standard mafia during the down time.

I'm not going to do Death Note. If Verti needs time to set up a new flavor mafia game I'll host a simplified intermission game with an open setup (which means everyone can know the roles in the game and what they do, but won't know who has what role). It'll help some of the new players get a feel for the basics before joining the big leagues.

Edited by Jeod