[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Voe said:

Don't ask me. I'm oblivious. All i know the shinigamis give out the notebooks, and you're convinced nodlied had one, while finding no evidence of it being the case.

Same here. I don't know enough about the entire thing to produce a viable theory.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Both players need more trust than suspicion to meet, but only one player can gain benefits from majority trust. I don't mind not having majority if you feel you need to test my role by having me meet with someone. Can't say if it'll work as I'm a backup role.

I have a proposal: I'd like to hear some theorycraft that I am a Shinigami. Ryuk, Sidoh, or Rem. Pick all or any of them. I want to know what each of you thinks about how the puzzle works depending on which one I am. It's been said that I'd have a human partner that is Kira. Don't forget that there's a possibility that none of the death notes have been used and thus Shinigami are unbound to anyone at the moment. I want to see some thought processes here.

I'm not afraid of meeting with you, what I'm afraid of is who you will meet with. It actually ties in with the theorycraft.

I think you're Sidoh. You're not Rem, Rem would be too obvious, though I'm sad Voe's not Rem (if that's true, who knows, but I feel he doesn't know enough Death Note to fake who he is :p ) If you were Ryuk, you'd be with Kira. You've not been playing to indicate you're with Kira. However, you have been EXTREMELY confident in your ability to remain untouched, like a shinigami would be. D1 you didn't bat an eyelash at the votes on you, and your posts early afterwards really seemed like you were just annoyed at not being able to meet, though I know others disagree with my assessment there. If you're not Ryuk or Rem, you're Sidoh, and what does Sidoh want? He just wants his damn notebook back. That's reasonable, and not harmful for the town even. You'd really want the ability to meet, so you can go to the person with your original notebook and do whatever you need to do (and Sidoh's book is real, obviously, for everyone else's benefit). However, if you just get your book back, good for you, but that prevents one link to Kira. Our goal isn't to get the Deathnote, it's to stop Kira.

Orange, if that's the case, I'm completely fine with giving Jeod the notebook (after kira is at least located; i don't want some overpowered god thing wrecking everyone in the game liike necro isaac did <i don't have my javelin launcher this time>).

Pls don't kill cat5.

5 minutes ago, Voe said:

Orange, if that's the case, I'm completely fine with giving Jeod the notebook (after kira is at least located; i don't want some overpowered god thing wrecking everyone in the game liike necro isaac did <i don't have my javelin launcher this time>).

Pls don't kill cat5.

I'm not fine with handing Jeod the notebook if he really is a ShinzoNagama. I need that thing confiscated and the killer arrested.

Well there's Kira and then Kira helpers, yeah, so it's not quite as simple, but was glossing over that. TBH if this is the case, Jeod's goal is probably to recover the notebook *before* we finish up, which would put us at minor odds, but again, it's not like he'd actively be trying to screw us.

Well I mean, anyone can claim anything. But that said, while Nodlied isn't squeaky clean, I wouldn't read anything at all from the use of "I" here :p

What I'm really interested in is what CK thinks will happen if the investigation lands on him today.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

Nodlied, what are your personal reasons to trust chaos?

Not as much as to trust him at the moment. But I know how strong a Dan+Chris team is, which is why I wanted to contact him as soon as possible. Because of past experiences, keeping both parties strong is usually in my best interests.

I'm as interested in the investigation results as the others, potentially even more so.

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I think I know who you are.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You thinking you know who Nod is makes me think I know who he is.

Sgt-Schultz2.jpg

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

If Verti's goal was to crank this game's detective factor up to 11, I think it's safe to say he succeeded.

Well, considering that Voe and I are basically clueless when it comes to the lore, it shouldn't be too hard to make us two have a hard time.

I swear when I come home tomorrow I'll watch the series. I'm beginning to get interested.

Nodlied, I half expected you to stay with Chaos until the day end. Or at least to a point where he begins to defend himself. What has happened between when you agreed with him and cast your vote on me, and now?

Just now, Nodlied said:

Well, considering that Voe and I are basically clueless when it comes to the lore, it shouldn't be too hard to make us two have a hard time.

I'm trying to assure you it's not all sunshine and daisies for the rest of us either ;)

Also to be fair, Jeod, KY, and CK all definitely know the lore way better than me. That's what my original comment there was about. KY and I seem to think very similarly, but I took that as him remembering some lore I'd forgotten, which made me remember.

I too am very interested in these investigation results now. Depending on what happens, a lot of my purely internal logic is about to get it's mind blown. Can't really elaborate until others do as it might risk some people's position on the taskforce.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If Verti's goal was to crank this game's detective factor up to 11, I think it's safe to say he succeeded.

p6iw5.jpg

Jeod is a sly bastard.

Just now, Voe said:

p6iw5.jpg

Jeod is a sly bastard.

From all I can tell, Jeod "can't lose", so he can afford to be. He *can* lose, but that just entails him being too slow to do some things. As long as we're not 'in danger' of winning, he has all the time in the world.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

I swear when I come home tomorrow I'll watch the series. I'm beginning to get interested.

Nodlied, I half expected you to stay with Chaos until the day end. Or at least to a point where he begins to defend himself. What has happened between when you agreed with him and cast your vote on me, and now?

I still agree with him with regards to Jeod being a likely Shimacoroni. As for the vote on you, considering that you too seemed to be one for a moment I was interested to see the result to either prove or disprove my idea on Jeod. As for what happened in between, nothing really, just moving along with the day and having contact with Choppy.

I was busy with a clan event in Warframe :p
1 slip meant fail so I couldn't alt-tab.

Alright, let's see what we have. People want to investigate me which is more or less fine by me.

I also know why Nodlied is specifically interested. Considering that I spied on him last night. Should I say it now or wait until the investigation tho? :p

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Do it. The mental battle that drives the series is extremely intriguing.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also to be fair, Jeod, KY, and CK all definitely know the lore way better than me. That's what my original comment there was about. KY and I seem to think very similarly, but I took that as him remembering some lore I'd forgotten, which made me remember.

If he's who he think I think he is, then he has a vested interest in finding Kira, above all else. He's having better luck than his series counterpart already, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

I still agree with him with regards to Jeod being a likely Shimacoroni. As for the vote on you, considering that you too seemed to be one for a moment I was interested to see the result to either prove or disprove my idea on Jeod. As for what happened in between, nothing really, just moving along with the day and having contact with Choppy.

And if my theory is correct, having contact with Choppy would be extremely important. If a CVC comes up, I'll give you the necessary trust points.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Knight said:

I also know why Nodlied is specifically interested. Considering that I spied on him last night. Should I say it now or wait until the investigation tho? :p

Hold off on it. This meeting could be important.