[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Mojoman said:

Whoa. Are a bunch of people revealing their names now or something?

You know, that did make it just strike me like we've forgotten this is a bad idea. But that said, it's not 100% confirmed, so it might not work for the Death Note and/or Kiras might not be willing to act on it.

Just now, Mojoman said:

Whoa. Are a bunch of people revealing their names now or something?

I have no issue with it. I trust YOU won't try to kill me, and whoever is the other notebook owner will probably have more important targets than one protecting Misa.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

You know, that did make it just strike me like we've forgotten this is a bad idea. But that said, it's not 100% confirmed, so it might not work for the Death Note and/or Kiras might not be willing to act on it.

Well, we know that the killer(s) need a face before they can kill. 

25 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

A what now?

22 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

The plot thickens.

17 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Don't you understand? Chinese cartoons are Chinese cartoons.

And

Chinese

Cartoons

are

HERESY

RdSKxYw.jpg

15 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

On a side note here, a Chaos_Knight investigation would potentially provide us with the info we need to move forward.

If he says who he says he is, there is a high chance that Jeod is lying.

If he doesn't end up as whom he says he is, then I'd be pretty sure that Jeod is clear.

11 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

01f.jpg

And I would know, as I'm a certified comissar.

Stop shitposting. Why are you still keeping your vote on me when you agree investigating chaos may be a good idea?

Just now, Nodlied said:

Well, we know that the killer(s) need a face before they can kill. 

I was about to make a reference to Seele in NGE, but figured you wouldn't get it :p

But I maintain that us all standing around in a circle like this might qualify as giving them a face. IE you just have to match the name to a player. Having a name but no face would be like, for example, knowing Misa is in play but not knowing Cat 5 is Misa.

It's been awhile since I've seen the series (I really should watch it again... tempted), but I'm pretty sure even opening it wouldn't really tell you. You'd only know when your target didn't drop dead. For what it's worth, I am AGAINST using anyone as a guinea pig for that :p

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

So this possibility of a fake notebook, you'd only know if you opened it right? Otherwise two people could be passing a useless notebook back and forth for no reason.

Well, if you go by lore, there are two ways to know if a notebook is fake:

1) You write a name and the person doesn't die

2) You can't see a Shinigami

You can vote me again if you want to see if the latter is the case, but as I said numerous times already, I'm Near.

Also remember the theory that Misa had some kind of magic passive ability to get rid of the notebook people liked too, though. That would change the calculus. If that's what happened I'd wager yours is real and that IF CK is lying then he's trying to get arrested because he has the fake one to throw us off the scent.

As it stands, though, I'd still put more money on real Death Notes being out there.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

So this possibility of a fake notebook, you'd only know if you opened it right? Otherwise two people could be passing a useless notebook back and forth for no reason.

Is a fake notebook lore-accurate?

I remember in the LotR mafia i received a ring with matching description of one of the Elven ones and, in fact, it was a disguised ring of power from saruman which mind controlled me. I no longer trust random items.

(Mind you, chaosknight who was in masonry with me received one too, and completely refused to acknowledge what happened to me before. He wore it and got mind controlled as well. He's not a smart man. Don't give him a notepad.)

I have an alternate proposal.

Let's investigate Chaos today, and have Mojo attempt to meet Jeod tonight. He can confirm one way or another whether or not Jeod is a Shinigami.

##propose trust Mojoman 80

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Is a fake notebook lore-accurate?

I remember in the LotR mafia i received a ring with matching description of one of the Elven ones and, in fact, it was a disguised ring of power from saruman which mind controlled me. I no longer trust random items.

(Mind you, chaosknight who was in masonry with me received one too, and completely refused to acknowledge what happened to me before. He wore it and got mind controlled as well. He's not a smart man. Don't give him a notepad.)

Long story short, yes. Fake notebooks were integral to the ending.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'm not so sure letting Jeod out of the box is a good idea. My assessment of him not being a threat is contingent on him not being able to meet people, similar to my assessment of Cat 5 right now.

I don't trust Jeod enough. Maybe you are up to the task, Orange?

1 minute ago, Voe said:

What are the odds Chaos is Kyosuke Higuchi? That's how he gets more influence points?

That's a very good question.... it's possible, I guess, but I don't have enough info to rate how likely it is, or how it compares to our other theories right now. We kinda just had a big wrench thrown into the gears.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

I don't trust Jeod enough. Maybe you are up to the task, Orange?

Up to the task of what? I'll put myself on the line to meet with people, but if we let Jeod out of the box he can go where he pleases.

Got ninja-ed there. Yeah, we'd need to put the trust on Jeod too for anyone to go check him. Also depending on what we mean by 'check' I'm not exactly equipped to do so beyond having a nice pleasant conversation.

Ahh, so he'd be able to see him. What with the notebook, though? Doesn't Mojo need to either open it or give it away?

Both players need more trust than suspicion to meet, but only one player can gain benefits from majority trust. I don't mind not having majority if you feel you need to test my role by having me meet with someone. Can't say if it'll work as I'm a backup role.

I have a proposal: I'd like to hear some theorycraft that I am a Shinigami. Ryuk, Sidoh, or Rem. Pick all or any of them. I want to know what each of you thinks about how the puzzle works depending on which one I am. It's been said that I'd have a human partner that is Kira. Don't forget that there's a possibility that none of the death notes have been used and thus Shinigami are unbound to anyone at the moment. I want to see some thought processes here.

Don't ask me. I'm oblivious. All i know the shinigamis give out the notebooks, and you're convinced nodlied had one, while finding no evidence of it being the case.