[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Or Misa isn't really Kira and you're trying to make us focus on them to draw away from the real Kira :v

Tough cookies. I was never told who Kira was, which made my win condition null and void--especially now that if anyone does decide to use the thing tonight will be found very quickly.

As far as I'm concerned, I've already won because watching you guys has been interesting. As Ryuk, I can't say I feel "bored". But my role sucks.

1 hour ago, Voe said:

I think the game officially broke. We could use a plot twist. Like sudden necro isaac.

Well, I did have a day kill option which went away when I passed my second book. It didn't say whose name I was to write. It could have been Light, but it could also have been a Kira player. Which would mean there's only one Kira.

Yeah, I was also under the impression that we somehow broke the game, not going to lie.

But then again. It's now unheard of for Vert to trick us into a false sense of security/close victory/whatever and then do a sudden twist after which half of us would be dead and half would have their win conditions changed.

On 1/28/2017 at 0:48 PM, VERTi60 said:

But be warned, this isn't going to be your standard Mafia game. Focused heavily on judgmental skills of the players, the game will be completely free of RNG mechanics, in fact, there won't be any other ways to die, well, besides the death note. There won't be any standard mafia team either, anyone can become the "Kira" (killer), if they chose to. Still, the goal won't focus on killing either, but to unravel the plot behind it all. Prepare for a game where you will be forced to win the battle of the wits of your lifetime, or die trying.

1 hour ago, Voe said:

##propose trust jeod everything

Let's spice it up a bit.

Whoa, thanks! But there's no point in anyone meeting with me. Nobody's opened the notebooks so I can't be seen or heard. I'm curious what an extra night action would be for me though, since I'm a Shinigami I would likely not use L's equipment. Hey Orange, how do you feel about an experiment?

Nodlied and I have been brainstorming, and we've come up with a plan:

It's possible that Kira needs to be holding the notebook before being indicted. It's also possible that locking down the notebooks is a necessity. And Voe, no, you're not going to get to open it. So, this is what we're thinking: Let's try investigating Voe (since he has one notebook) so that he doesn't open it and possibly jeopardizing our lives. If someone else has a notebook, pass it to Cat5 overnight and we'll reinvestigate him. It's possible neither of those will work, but I don't think that someone needs to die in order for the game to be won. Heck, if nothing else, we might move into a different phase of the game, which I'm told is common in Verti RPGs.

##vote Voe

Besides KY, what's with you wanting to investigate me while you were protecting ChopBam when he had his note? I thought we were compromising?

##vote KY

I think it's my turn to choose who we vote for. You can investigate me tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Besides KY, what's with you wanting to investigate me while you were protecting ChopBam when he had his note? I thought we were compromising?

##vote KY

I think it's my turn to choose who we vote for. You can investigate me tomorrow.

What part of

59 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Nodlied and I have been brainstorming, and we've come up with a plan:

did you not understand?

And besides, Choppy has been trustworthy. You've been shady and trolly. Choppy didn't plan to open the notebook and meet with Jeod. You announced that this was your plan. Finally, Choppy isn't holding the notebook right now. You are. And, as previously stated, this plan was formulated today. Not yesterday.

Voe, I think Choppy's on the up and up, and to be fair, you did volunteer to me that if it came to getting a notebook you'd volunteer to be on the chopping block to get it. Granted, you're free to change your mind at every time, but of the three options I see us having, this is one.

We could investigate myself or KY. The utility of both, from an outside perspective I imagine. Personally, I have larger reason to suspect KY, but that has a lot to do with knowing who I am myself :v so I can't exactly share that confidence with everyone else. I'm actually pretty interested to see who KY is, but not enough so to derail everything. I'd be interested to hear Nod talk about their nice chat they had (and hear what KY thinks of Nod, too)

That leaves getting the notebook from you, Voe, which has decent logical backing, but the downside of outing you. You've role claimed, which isn't technically enough for people to kill maybe as it isn't 'official', but at the same time the likes of FRAYDO hasn't been offed so it's not too bad apparently...

We could also go after other notebooks, but if Jeod is remotely telling the truth things are getting tricky. 

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We could also go after other notebooks, but if Jeod is remotely telling the truth things are getting tricky. 

I've no reason to lie now. I'm pissed at the way this game's gone. My role is too dependent on others, which goes against my very personality.

So who all has notebooks now? There should be two left, iirc, and the confiscated one taken by Sidoh.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I've no reason to lie now. I'm pissed at the way this game's gone. My role is too dependent on others, which goes against my very personality.

So who all has notebooks now? There should be two left, iirc, and the confiscated one taken by Sidoh.

Well, I suppose for the record, I agree with some of your conclusions, but my trust in you, or specifically lack thereof, isn't the reasoning I use to reach those conclusions.

3 hours ago, Voe said:

##propose trust jeod everything

Voe proposed 348 Trust Points to Jeod!

1 hour ago, Killing You said:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Voe to be lynched!

52 minutes ago, Voe said:

##vote KY

[Vote Counted] Voe voted Killing You to be lynched!

29 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted Voe to be lynched!

F0Fhvdl.png

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well, I suppose for the record, I agree with some of your conclusions, but my trust in you, or specifically lack thereof, isn't the reasoning I use to reach those conclusions.

Care to explain your reasoning, then? If we're not getting anywhere close to me being able to "win", then I might as well do as the others do and completely gamethrow my role to help town.

Just now, Jeod said:

Care to explain your reasoning, then? If we're not getting anywhere close to me being able to "win", then I might as well do as the others do and completely gamethrow my role to help town.

There have been three confirmed notes or note-like objects (if one is fake) in player hands, with the possibility of off-screen light have or not having one. Having four would be a bit too much, and I don't suspect Light would go very long without keeping one close to him. This entire time I've presented a view of extreme proliferation of the Death Note, and with the things that have come out on this day it seems that even my extreme estimate was rather conservative. I just can't help but think that if this all this the case there's not some rubber band bringing us back. I guess, to be fair, considering this is my second postulation on the subject after the first was wrong that doesn't exactly lend extra credibility to my idea though.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

There have been three confirmed notes or note-like objects (if one is fake) in player hands, with the possibility of off-screen light have or not having one. Having four would be a bit too much, and I don't suspect Light would go very long without keeping one close to him. This entire time I've presented a view of extreme proliferation of the Death Note, and with the things that have come out on this day it seems that even my extreme estimate was rather conservative. I just can't help but think that if this all this the case there's not some rubber band bringing us back. I guess, to be fair, considering this is my second postulation on the subject after the first was wrong that doesn't exactly lend extra credibility to my idea though.

English please, mister philosopher.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Things are out of control regarding how many Death Notes the players have. I think we're going to see a 'correction' very soon :v

Besides Sidoh taking one out of the game for us? Light definitely doesn't have one. The day post explicitly says his memories are gone.

Just now, Jeod said:

Besides Sidoh taking one out of the game for us? Light definitely doesn't have one. The day post explicitly says his memories are gone.

Possibly. I've been maintaining for awhile now that it's about to go down. Call me paranoid, but the whole Cat 5 thing makes me think he has a really well hidden plan, but that's a charitable OOC reading. I don't really have anything solid, other than the fact that my analysis *should* be a lot more solid at this point and it isn't, meaning I'm missing some very big things still, potentially dangerous things.

The thing with Light has been mostly because for all previous days I'd been working under the assumption Light could strike any of us down at will, he just didn't will it, so Day 5, while perhaps not being as explosive as it could been, has been a rather large but subtle perspective shift.

58 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Well, Voe.

You said I can't haz a Notebook. Neither can you :p

##vote Voe

:haw:

It just wouldn't be fair if you did otherwise.