[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Jeod said:

Sounds like he stole the points you wanted to give to FRAYDO.

I had the power to set how much, and I picked a small amount because that's all that was needed. KY started D5 with much more than I invested in, and that wouldn't fully explain his trust/suspicion being exactly 0-ed unless he had a power that required *all* his resources which sounds silly. I'd bet on something else happening.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You stole them from Orange, perhaps?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Sounds like he stole the points you wanted to give to FRAYDO.

Do you have anything to back this up? Any evidence at all? You're becoming a full blown conspiracy nutjob.

Just now, Killing You said:

Do you have anything to back this up? Any evidence at all? You're becoming a full blown conspiracy nutjob.

Well, considering you have no evidence to show that opening a notebook is inherently bad, I'd say you're in no position to demand evidence.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

You're the conspiracy nutjob here. Pretty full of yourself at that.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Well, considering you have no evidence to show that opening a notebook is inherently bad, I'd say you're in no position to demand evidence.

I'm open to the idea of seeing what's inside, but I'd rather try the locking down the notebooks first.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

You should post that clip from Deus Ex for this reply.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, since I have no Deus Ex experience.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You should post that clip from Deus Ex for this reply.

You ought to consider an alternative approach. You're clearly good at putting pieces together, so get some "what-if" bits together to explain things that depend on KY and/or Nod being scum.

Just now, Jeod said:

You ought to consider an alternative approach. You're clearly good at putting pieces together, so get some "what-if" bits together to explain things that depend on KY and/or Nod being scum.

You really should start paying me if you're going to outsorce your logic to me :v

That said, I'm working on it, but also I really do want to see what Chop's take on all this is too before I make any commits.

6 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I'm open to the idea of seeing what's inside, but I'd rather try the locking down the notebooks first.

How do you want to open them if you get them all confiscated?

045beec1d6a3a16f4fce014a0507ca1e5cdd9cab

Unless you and Nodlied are hoarding your own notebook for that specific reason. It's not the first time Nodlied did that.

I'm open about it.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

You really should start paying me if you're going to outsorce your logic to me :v

That said, I'm working on it, but also I really do want to see what Chop's take on all this is too before I make any commits.

I'm not outsourcing anything. I've posted what I think already and you remain unconvinced, so I'm asking you to flip your thinking and consider the alternatives.

10 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I'm not open to seeing what's inside.

I'm not fully against somebody opening the notebook and uncovering some of this mystery. Voe makes some valid points there. I'm not even fully against Voe doing this, as he is right that we can just investigate him tomorrow if he makes any kills. My main beef though with Voe right now is that he is completely volatile, and whatever is in that notebook could give him more power to be a chaotic force. Combine that with Jeod and their willingness to work together, and who knows what could happen.

If we don't want to uncover more identities right now, we could pass the notebooks to people we already know and investigate them to confiscate the notebooks. Here's the big question: But what then?

Just now, ChopBam said:

I'm not fully against somebody opening the notebook and uncovering some of this mystery. Voe makes some valid points there. I'm not even fully against Voe doing this, as he is right that we can just investigate him tomorrow if he makes any kills. My main beef though with Voe right now is that he is completely volatile, and whatever is in that notebook could give him more power to be a chaotic force. Combine that with Jeod and their willingness to work together, and who knows what could happen.

If we don't want to uncover more identities right now, we could pass the notebooks to people we already know and investigate them to confiscate the notebooks. Here's the big question: But what then?

Precisely. Keep playing hot potato or crack one open and see what's new.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

It's what I'm trying to convey. Game has stagnated, I want an out. I also want to meet Jeod and see if I can see him afterwards. Maybe he'll become permanently visible and possible to investigate later on? Who knows.

Additionally, you know what I'm going to do so you know who to investigate tomorrow. Do we know what KY and Nodlied are plotting? We don't. And if they really want to keep passing it around, and there is a thief, they can't really reveal the target either. 

I want to open the note and move on. Investigate me tomorrow. I don't intend to kill anyone anyway.

I have better. If you plan to donate a deathnote to cat5 and investigate him with it, it won't work unless he uses it. He won't use it, because if he wanted to, he already would have.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Except what we have planned isn't hot potato. It's a laser-guided justice strike. We'll see what happens if it doesn't work, but it's the best plan we have.

Here's the thing. I don't think the Kiras can exist until a notebook is willingly opened and used maliciously by the correct person. Who is your "justice strike" aimed at?

This will be revealed in due time. Tomorrow morning, everything will be revealed. Our plan, our thought process, our target, everything. If we absolutely MUST open a Death Note, I'd vote for Nodlied to be the one to do it. He's the least likely one of us to be corrupted by it (if that's what is to happen).

This will be revealed in due time. Tomorrow morning, everything will be revealed. Our plan, our thought process, our target, everything. If we absolutely MUST open a Death Note, I'd vote for Nodlied to be the one to do it. He's the least likely one of us to be corrupted by it (if that's what is to happen).

Sure, sure. This sounds like something a scum would say.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

I'm not going to open the debtnote for the reasons already given.

11 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm not outsourcing anything. I've posted what I think already and you remain unconvinced, so I'm asking you to flip your thinking and consider the alternatives.

I consider ALL possibilities, if you haven't noticed by how I almost generate more of a smoke-screen than anything when postulating.

I'll lay it out simple here, and Chop can verify this has more or less been my reasoning from the start. For simplicities sake, I won't wax poetic about the possibility of investigating me. You all have to make that calculation on your own.

This is my ranked order of choices we have.

1) Investigate Voe. Voe is town, but unimportant town. He has a note. We can take the note. These are all *known quantities*. That's why it's safe. It's not safe for Voe, sadly, but we know what we're getting into.

2) Investigate KY. He's a bit fishy, but at the same time, he seems to think a lot like me. If he's scum he's playing the role of a fine outstanding young citizen perfectly, which is a valid scum tactic for infiltration, but if that's all we have to go on you might as well join KY and myself at the hip because we're basically the same. The tipping factor is of course the trust point shenanigans, which is an *unknown quantity*. There's reason to suspect him for that, but it's not strong in the slightest. We could investigate and hit the jackpot, but if we're wrong we're putting another townie on the chopping block for no gain. He doesn't have a note, like Voe does.

3) Investigate Nodlied. He has a note. It's worth taking. However, I have reason to believe he's an important town role, so putting him on the block would be extra bad. We'd get a note, but we'd be putting a big target on someone important. He's done some fishy stuff, but has shaped up once CK was revealed. Maybe that was a bus on CK, but I wouldn't bet on it. Again, unknowns, and this time, possibly a big downside. Therefore, mathematically, Voe is the superior choice.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Except what we have planned isn't hot potato. It's a laser-guided justice strike. We'll see what happens if it doesn't work, but it's the best plan we have.

The first makes me think this is the same plan I have for finding a Kira supporter, but the last one actually makes me think it's not... hmmmm....

This might factor into their suspicion factor for me, but again, unknowns...

Or someone who doesn't want their target to elude capture.

What target? Explain how you have a target when there's a huge possibility Kiras can't exist until notebooks are opened by them, and I might relent.