[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

6 minutes ago, Voe said:

Also someone please contain KY's paranoia, it's getting ridiculous. He's on top of me for the whole game.

Actually, I just had a thought. Verti kindly reminded us that the primary mission of this game is to unravel the plot behind the notebooks and the Kira(s). That could only happen if a notebook is opened. For those who have seen the show, Light's father did this and as a result, the task force learned a lot about the notebooks. Mr. Yagami also never wrote a name in the notebook, but he did make the Shinigami Eyes deal.

If there does happen to be a death tonight, then you will know that Voe is a Kira--and as he cannot pass a notebook in the same night he uses it, he can be arrested the next day.

##vote Killing You

3 hours ago, Voe said:

##propose trust jeod everything

Let's spice it up a bit.

Wow wow wow. Hold your horses Rommel!

1 hour ago, Voe said:

Hahahahahahah.

Nice try. I've nothing against. (although, admittedly, I'd like to open it and meet with Jeod).

Let's not.

##Propose Suspicion Jeod 600

I'm not going to let you give the one identified wanker more trust than suspicion or open that debtnote.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

Nodlied and I have been brainstorming, and we've come up with a plan:

It's possible that Kira needs to be holding the notebook before being indicted. It's also possible that locking down the notebooks is a necessity. And Voe, no, you're not going to get to open it. So, this is what we're thinking: Let's try investigating Voe (since he has one notebook) so that he doesn't open it and possibly jeopardizing our lives. If someone else has a notebook, pass it to Cat5 overnight and we'll reinvestigate him. It's possible neither of those will work, but I don't think that someone needs to die in order for the game to be won. Heck, if nothing else, we might move into a different phase of the game, which I'm told is common in Verti RPGs.

##vote Voe

This is indeed what we have discussed. As for my opinion on KY, he is trustworthy enough and has worked well with us during the past couple of days. KY and I have been discussing several posibilities in the KY-Nodlied meetup doc and the thing that KY posted is indeed what we have discussed.

I personally believe that we don't have an active killer amongst us, and I'll say it again, I firmly believe that anyone or certain people who open the debtnote may become either corrupted or become a killer at will. The plot of the entire thing may be to find a worthy murderer for the debtnotes, however, as everyone has seemly refused to open it, we haven't had any deaths nor a murderer. If there is a limited amount of debtnotes (and Jeod is speaking the truth regarding the fact that he is the one handing them out, which I can believe during earlier events), I'm pretty certain that we will be able to forcelock the plot to turn one of us into a murderer. Get to the debtnotes and confiscate them, that's probably the best course of action for now.

As both Voe and I have a debtnote, we'll have to choose between us two. I'm putting my vote on Voe for the simple reason that he has hinted that he might be tempted to open the notebook, which could very well lead to crashing the game into a free-for-all.

##Vote Voe

Also, Jeod, why did you hand me the debtnote during night 1? I'm curious why you chose me of all people.

11 minutes ago, Voe said:

Also someone please contain KY's paranoia, it's getting ridiculous. He's on top of me for the whole game.

He considers you to be a liability to the game, mostly due to your earlier trolling habits.

10 minutes ago, Voe said:

You've given me reason to. And besides, had you not announced that not only you have the Death Note, but that you also plan on using it to contact Jeod, I'd be leaving you alone right now.

47 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

(and hear what KY thinks of Nod, too)

I'm pretty confident that he's a town player. He's also been very helpful, and I think my knowledge of Death Note lore combined with his meta knowledge of Verti RPGs has done a lot for us to form a plan and have a direction to move forward in.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Actually, I just had a thought. Verti kindly reminded us that the primary mission of this game is to unravel the plot behind the notebooks and the Kira(s). That could only happen if a notebook is opened. For those who have seen the show, Light's father did this and as a result, the task force learned a lot about the notebooks. Mr. Yagami also never wrote a name in the notebook, but he did make the Shinigami Eyes deal.

If there does happen to be a death tonight, then you will know that Voe is a Kira--and as he cannot pass a notebook in the same night he uses it, he can be arrested the next day.

##vote Killing You

>Sneaking in a proposition to hopefully get Voe to murder someone
Nah, let's not. Just no, we want people to live! Not die. :v

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Simple. Ryuk didn't choose Light. He dropped his notebook into the human world and Light happened to find it. I used RNG. The only RNG in the game thus far.

Ah, alright then. Because if you thought that I would kill people, you'd be horribly mistaken. :v

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

I'm pretty confident that he's a town player. He's also been very helpful, and I think my knowledge of Death Note lore combined with his meta knowledge of Verti RPGs has done a lot for us to form a plan and have a direction to move forward in.

The funny thing is I suspect a few of us have some basic plan ideas, in isolation from each other, but have independently come to the same conclusions.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Simple. Ryuk didn't choose Light. He dropped his notebook into the human world and Light happened to find it. I used RNG. The only RNG in the game thus far.

Why bow to the RNG when you are the death god ;)

Just now, Nodlied said:

>Sneaking in a proposition to hopefully get Voe to murder someone
Nah, let's not. Just no, we want people to live! Not die. :v

See, now you're being anti-town and preventing game progress. At the moment, we have no clue what we're supposed to do. Voe believes that opening the note and interacting with me will shed some light on the situation, good or bad. He's essentially chaotic good, but good nontheless. It's you and KY working to prevent the overall plot from being uncovered.

##vote Nodlied

If it's between you and Voe, then let's go with you.

7 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

##Propose Suspicion Jeod 600

I'm not going to let you give the one identified wanker more trust than suspicion or open that debtnote.

Speaking of locking suspects down...

##propose suspicion Voe 250

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

See, now you're being anti-town and preventing game progress.

Okay, in WHAT UNIVERSE  is preventing town deaths ANTI-TOWN?!

Just now, Jeod said:

See, now you're being anti-town and preventing game progress. At the moment, we have no clue what we're supposed to do. Voe believes that opening the note and interacting with me will shed some light on the situation, good or bad. He's essentially chaotic good, but good nontheless. It's you and KY working to prevent the overall plot from being uncovered.

##vote Nodlied

If it's between you and Voe, then let's go with you.

Ohohoho. No, I'm trying to prevent casualties here. I don't think that we need to open a debtnote to uncover the plan. Remember that the objectives that you've currently claimed requires the debtnotes to be used five times. I'm not willing to risk people getting corrupted and/or tempted by opening one of those and helping you to achieve your objective. There are always ways to further the plot. We have to use our brains to uncover the plan, and if it means that it will take us a little bit longer to uncover everything and win this game without running potential risks, then so be it.

Just now, Killing You said:

Speaking of locking suspects down...

##propose suspicion Voe 250

Okay, in WHAT UNIVERSE  is preventing town deaths ANTI-TOWN?!

This universe, where the goal is to figure out everything about the Kiras and notebooks. That's why it's investigating and not lynching.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

A bit of an aside, it was time change here this weekened, and also Verti said this day was 45 mins shorter, so can anyone give me aprox how long until hammer it actually is?

Should be about 4.5 hours from now? I guess. Although it would be 4 hours if the day is indeed 45 minutes shorter.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Should be about 4.5 hours from now? I guess. Although it would be 4 hours if the day is indeed 45 minutes shorter.

That would make it 6 pm for me, when it's been 6 pm for me every time so far. Hmmmmm.....

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

This universe, where the goal is to figure out everything about the Kiras and notebooks. That's why it's investigating and not lynching.

And you'd let a wild animal like Voe loose with this dangerous weapon? IF that is our objective, I'd rather it be done by someone more trustworthy.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm fairly certain Voe is town, just doesn't quite play the standard way. He doesn't know enough meta to fake his claim.

I also think that he is town. But he already posted that he is ok with people opening the debtnotes and is ok with both doing it himself and meeting with Jeod. I don't think that I need to explain why I think that this is a bad idea.

Plus I believe that we need the notebooks confiscated. Not only will it help us uncover how many there are, but if they are indeed limited, it will allow us to both block the plans of the shinimimaze and prevent unecessary casualties.

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

I also think that he is town. But he already posted that he is ok with people opening the debtnotes and is ok with both doing it himself and meeting with Jeod. I don't think that I need to explain why I think that this is a bad idea.

Plus I believe that we need the notebooks confiscated. Not only will it help us uncover how many there are, but if they are indeed limited, it will allow us to both block the plans of the shinimimaze and prevent unecessary casualties.

Don't worry, I follow your logic that confiscating is good more so than anything, I just don't want to overdo it on Voe when he's still a valuable team vote in the future.

Then it's for the rest of the players to decide. I don't believe notebooks corrupt players. As proof, you can look at Cat5, who received a notebook as Misa Amane (canonically Kira #2), even after investigation, and he refused to use it. If there were a danger of corruption, why do you think Verti would limit it to occurring only AFTER a notebook had been opened?

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Then it's for the rest of the players to decide. I don't believe notebooks corrupt players. As proof, you can look at Cat5, who received a notebook as Misa Amane (canonically Kira #2), even after investigation, and he refused to use it. If there were a danger of corruption, why do you think Verti would limit it to occurring only AFTER a notebook had been opened?

Maybe because post-usage corruption happened before? Plus it would make some sense that somebody would be swayed after one reads the contents and or realises that said person now has the power to kill somebody pretty much at will?

Ayy, you're funny.

You think me suspicious because I openly state what I want to be doing. Meanwhile, people who hide their identity and goals (ChopBam, KY) are not suspicious at all.

I always thought it is transparency which builds trust.

Just now, Voe said:

Ayy, you're funny.

You think me suspicious because I openly state what I want to be doing. Meanwhile, people who hide their identity and goals (ChopBam, KY) are not suspicious at all.

I always thought it is transparency which builds trust.

It's not that you are transparent that is the issue. The issue is what you want to do. That is the reason as to why I think we should confiscate it from you today. If you had the same line of thought as I do, I wouldn't care which one of us ends up being investigated.

As for both KY and Choppy, I'm ok with them on the basis of the talks I've had with them as well as their behaviour.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

You're a fascist then.

Damn right I am!

yoND4zw.jpg

But in all seriousness, it is your apparant willingness to open said note and to meet with Jeod that a scary thought. That's what I meant. :v

At some point we have to do this. What do you propose? We investigate every single person in the game and then what? Just agree to end the game?

We have to go down the rabbit hole eventually.

Voe, I think I know what their plan is, and it might be the same plan I came up with. That said, said plan has nothing to do with how we vote today, so it doesn't factor in here, but I do think they're going to be on to something very shortly. (And the problem with this plan is if you explain it, the target knows how to defend against it, which is why it's secret)