[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

6 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Jeod, with your win condition that is half of us dead.  Whether you are Sidoh or Ryuk, what then will you do should the Death Note fall in your hands?

I can't use the books. Only pass em out.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Jeod, while my tactics may be a problem for you, I'm trying to work towards my win condition, not yours. If I had been allowed to sit on the book without using it, I might have done that instead so that I could use it if I needed to. However, I had to choose to commit to staying clean or doing something that would probably turn me scum. We know that Misa using the notebook always put her in a worse position, so...

What was your objective again?

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

I don't think there's more than two, to be honest. 

Possible. We did discuss fakes, I suppose. The question would then be who has a real and who has a fake. Maybe the one sitting in lockup is a fake, that'd be something... I guess we don't really have much to go on there either.

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

I can't use the books. Only pass em out.

I see. Earlier in the case you seemed quite insistent on getting your hands on a Death Note, specifically your Death Note. General consensus seemed to be to not hand you the notebooks ever, despite you claiming to be harmless as Shinigami cannot use the Death Note. As lore tells, Shinigami thrive off of writing human names in their Death Notes thereby expanding their lifespan indefinitely. And you appear to be willing to use it, as I cannot imagine a Shinigami can face the same severe consequences as a human would e.g. human corruption.

On 3/7/2017 at 2:45 PM, Jeod said:

Well gee. If I do happen to receive a notebook somehow, you can bet I won't hesitate to use it if possible. My role doesn't care who wins or loses, but I sure can. I'm the only known Shinigami in this game so far and you're still putting together a puzzle. It would be wise of you to quit acting like I'm a Kira. I don't have to spill anything if someone connects with me via a notebook, you know.

It's this hostility that prevents you from attaining the Death Note, so you now take a different approach?

9 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm Ryuk. I need the notebooks to be used 5 times to win. Since they haven't been used, Sidoh has threatened to take them away. He's already taken one.

And now you are "Ryuk", whose victory condition is simply letting the game run its course. In this statement, you seem to no longer be concerned with acquiring a Death Note. You just seem to want it to be used. Five uses of the Death is five of us dead, and in this instance you likely need not do anything.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, Jeod said:

Precisely. If you're talking about passing notes between people though, I'm curious as to whether I'll be able to tell if one is fake. I'm sure I'd be able to tell if one is mine, but if I am indeed told that one is mine, I will of course 'win' and take myself and the notebook back to the Shinigami world and leave you fellas behind.

But before your Ryuk claim you were instead Sidoh with a different win condition entirely. As "Sidoh", you wanted your notebook back so you may disappear back into the Shinigami world and leave it at that.

Two very different win conditions of two characters: one with malicious intent in wanting the Death Note used, no matter who I surmise; and the other with a facade of neutrality as you simply want your Death Note back, though you will win should the particular Death Note in fact be yours.

Help me out here.

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

I see. Earlier in the case you seemed quite insistent on getting your hands on a Death Note, specifically your Death Note. General consensus seemed to be to not hand you the notebooks ever, despite you claiming to be harmless as Shinigami cannot use the Death Note. As lore tells, Shinigami thrive off of writing human names in their Death Notes thereby expanding their lifespan indefinitely. And you appear to be willing to use it, as I cannot imagine a Shinigami can face the same severe consequences as a human would e.g. human corruption.

It's this hostility that prevents you from attaining the Death Note, so you now take a different approach?

And now you are "Ryuk", whose victory condition is simply letting the game run its course. In this statement, you seem to no longer be concerned with acquiring a Death Note. You just seem to want it to be used. Five uses of the Death is five of us dead, and in this instance you likely need not do anything.

But before your Ryuk claim you were instead Sidoh with a different win condition entirely. As "Sidoh", you wanted your notebook back so you may disappear back into the Shinigami world and leave it at that.

Two very different win conditions of two characters: one with malicious intent in wanting the Death Note used, no matter who I surmise; and the other with a facade of neutrality as you simply want your Death Note back, though you will win should the particular Death Note in fact be yours.

Help me out here.

If you want proof, then use a notebook to kill Cat5. He's already hinted his win condition can change. He's the optimal kill for you if you require proof.

You aren't upset at all that I'm not doing what you expected me to. I actually had been thinking that Voe was faking his claim and was actually Rem, but apparently it's you who gave me the book.

I don't know what you are referring to about my win condition changing, unless you are referring to me talking in hypotheticals that it might if I was given a book. That didn't happen. My victory conditions remain the same. Keep myself and a presumed NPC alive. Not sure how exactly I can interact with an NPC, but there we are.

Then that should be the only book that we don't currently know the presence of. That must be the one Jeod claims has been confiscated by Sidoh, if that is true at all. Jeod hasn't spent much time telling the truth this game, though he's been saying a lot of things I already believed now that he's pissed at me.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Then that should be the only book that we don't currently know the presence of. That must be the one Jeod claims has been confiscated by Sidoh, if that is true at all. Jeod hasn't spent much time telling the truth this game, though he's been saying a lot of things I already believed now that he's pissed at me.

My PM states that Sidoh took the one that was confiscated actually.

For what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe him slightly more (still don't trust him) considering he outsourced his explanation for being Sidoh when he called for theories on it and then pulled the 'that's exactly right!' card.

It's really odd how I requested a role to mimic what I pulled in APB III, yet I got a 'act night 1, hope for the best, and watch' role. There was a slim chance I'd pass a book to a Kira in the first night, and now the Kira is playing as town. It's pathetic.