[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Also, Kira can't exactly throw us under the bus or manipulate us without a name and a face. The only exception is Shinigami Eyes. How does Kira #2 get that? And haven't we already apprehended Kira #2 in Cat5?

Just now, ChopBam said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to contradict what you said about a predictable plan. If I give out my plans here, aren't they predictable?

Well as I also said, I may not *like* your plan either :p

By predictable I meant in the long run, however. Say two days for now the steal action is sprung on you while we're in the middle of some other heated controversy. Whoever has that action has had plenty of time to settle in to what you're doing and knows they have a specific way to mess with our heads at a critical moment.

By plan for today, I meant simply that, plan for today. Playing it day by day by being public is a compromise between just asking us all to trust you and letting whoever has the steal action make a plan of their own. They can't bank on what's going down a day or two from now, but you're above board with your pro-town efforts. I just think it's a little much to basically be saying 'we got this one, don't worry guys'.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Do consider that Mojo all but said yesterday in this thread that he was going to give the note to me, and nothing intercepted it.

Quoting the earlier part:  I didn't pick up on that, and no, that doesn't mean I'm sitting here trying to steal it :p , just to me it didn't seem like Mojo laid out what his action was going to be at all yesterday, which 1) didn't sit well with me because it might have been an attempt to slip back under the radar once CK got focused on, but more importantly 2) means it might not have been as obvious as you thought.

Following 2, that might mean whoever has the steal action either didn't notice, but I think the most likely thing is that it's a one-shot action and the person just doesn't want to take it right now. If it got stolen last night, we'd be in a bit of a tizzy, but we wouldn't be nearly as worked up as we would/will be a few days from now if they play the steal action as we're focusing on other intrigue.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Also, Kira can't exactly throw us under the bus or manipulate us without a name and a face. The only exception is Shinigami Eyes. How does Kira #2 get that? And haven't we already apprehended Kira #2 in Cat5?

By throw under the bus I mean make look suspicious, not kill.

Let me elaborate real fast too @ChopBam:  You said yourself that if the note goes missing, we just investigate the person who had it as now suspicious. I'm saying someone could wait to use the steal to focus all attention on that person wrongly on a turn when it's critical we go after a real Kira supporter if you are both town.

39 minutes ago, Jeod said:

So...when do I get my notebook back?

You don't.

Also people, I'm still somewhat busy. (Choppy knows) I'll be back somewhere tomorrow eve, should be at least six hours before hammer. So plenty of time to find out who we're going to investigate next.

Also, I tracked KY tonight. And in true KY fashion, he didn't go anywhere.

Just now, Nodlied said:

And in true KY fashion, he didn't go anywhere.

What does that mean?

And yeah, I didn't go anywhere because my only night action is a proposal point boost that I don't really need. Also I was considering meeting with Mojo and attempting to collaborate with him, but someone suggested an Orange/Mojo team-up, which seemed to make more sense overall.

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

You don't.

Also people, I'm still somewhat busy. (Choppy knows) I'll be back somewhere tomorrow eve, should be at least six hours before hammer. So plenty of time to find out who we're going to investigate next.

Also, I tracked KY tonight. And in true KY fashion, he didn't go anywhere.

Well gee. If I do happen to receive a notebook somehow, you can bet I won't hesitate to use it if possible. My role doesn't care who wins or loses, but I sure can. I'm the only known Shinigami in this game so far and you're still putting together a puzzle. It would be wise of you to quit acting like I'm a Kira. I don't have to spill anything if someone connects with me via a notebook, you know.

5 minutes ago, Killing You said:

but someone suggested an Orange/Mojo team-up, which seemed to make more sense overall.

I would have been up for it, but figured they had something else going on. Most people are at least seeming to be honest with who they're contacting, which is good. While I'm not exactly fond of the current collusion, at the time I wasn't exactly feeling the need to try and impose myself upon them. To be fair, if I had contact with Mojo, that might have been the only avenue to share the trick that could have had that note lead us to Kira, but also to be fair I thought of the procedure very late during the night as well, after most of us had sorted ourselves into docs anyway most likely.

There are a few options. Though first I have a question that just struck me. When you got the note did it appear with the rule that if you just sit on it it gets plucked? I'd also like to hear what CK says on that. Was that rule also in effect for that death note as well?

It may have been said before, but if so, it was all piecemeal. I'd like explicit confirmation from all parties of having had that rule with the item.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd also like to hear what CK says on that. Was that rule also in effect for that death note as well?

Yep, if you just sit on it, it gets taken away from you. Was also the case on my end.

Also Nodlied, I'd like to make a withdrawal of the trust points I deposited onto you yesterday :p

Okay, I was hoping there was maybe a way to check for fakes if that wasn't universal, or to detect if Mojo had slipped if he was scum and we really could just sit on the note somehow, hmm...

What I recommenced, then, is handing the note to the person we can all agree on we trust *the most*. Someone we're all at least 95% sure isn't scum. Then, that same night, I'll meet with them and discuss how we can use it to find a Kira supporter. (This can't be ChopBam, because I can't discuss in private with him 'in time'). Again, discussing it publicly will likely mean it won't work.

Now, I understand if you don't trust me, and that's a valid reason for everyone to reject my plan. I'd also understand if whoever we gave it to and then I contacted didn't want to follow through on the rest of the plan, as it's not a 100% sure fire thing. I like the odds, but that's me, and unfortunately again I can't discuss why I like the odds without blowing the lid off the entire idea, therefore negating it. As it stands, this is a long-game type deal, which does lower the chance of success of getting us the info we need, or could mean the info is outdated by the time we get it anyway. We could do it more efficiently by giving it directly to me, letting me do the next step, and saving us all a doc giving us more flexibility, but I know how absurd it would be to ask that.

While I'll admit I was a bit forceful in questioning ChopBam and expressing my dislike of certain aspects of what was being proposed, I fully understand if there is disagreement with me here.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Okay, I was hoping there was maybe a way to check for fakes if that wasn't universal, or to detect if Mojo had slipped if he was scum and we really could just sit on the note somehow, hmm...

What I recommenced, then, is handing the note to the person we can all agree on we trust *the most*. Someone we're all at least 95% sure isn't scum. Then, that same night, I'll meet with them and discuss how we can use it to find a Kira supporter. (This can't be ChopBam, because I can't discuss in private with him 'in time'). Again, discussing it publicly will likely mean it won't work.

Now, I understand if you don't trust me, and that's a valid reason for everyone to reject my plan. I'd also understand if whoever we gave it to and then I contacted didn't want to follow through on the rest of the plan, as it's not a 100% sure fire thing. I like the odds, but that's me, and unfortunately again I can't discuss why I like the odds without blowing the lid off the entire idea, therefore negating it. As it stands, this is a long-game type deal, which does lower the chance of success of getting us the info we need, or could mean the info is outdated by the time we get it anyway. We could do it more efficiently by giving it directly to me, letting me do the next step, and saving us all a doc giving us more flexibility, but I know how absurd it would be to ask that.

While I'll admit I was a bit forceful in questioning ChopBam and expressing my dislike of certain aspects of what was being proposed, I fully understand if there is disagreement with me here.

Can this plan include my own victory condition?

Just now, Jeod said:

Can this plan include my own victory condition?

Depends on your definitions of 'can' and 'include', as well as several factors beyond on my control :p

If you mean would I just hand you the Death Note, then the answer is no :p

And we don't even know if that one is yours or not :p

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Depends on your definitions of 'can' and 'include', as well as several factors beyond on my control :p

If you mean would I just hand you the Death Note, then the answer is no :p

And we don't even know if that one is yours or not :p

Precisely. If you're talking about passing notes between people though, I'm curious as to whether I'll be able to tell if one is fake. I'm sure I'd be able to tell if one is mine, but if I am indeed told that one is mine, I will of course 'win' and take myself and the notebook back to the Shinigami world and leave you fellas behind.

Just now, Jeod said:

Precisely. If you're talking about passing notes between people though, I'm curious as to whether I'll be able to tell if one is fake. I'm sure I'd be able to tell if one is mine, but if I am indeed told that one is mine, I will of course 'win' and take myself and the notebook back to the Shinigami world and leave you fellas behind.

I'd be willing to bet you can tell if one is fake. I wouldn't want to risk one we're not sure of you just poofing with though. If I had one and knew 100% it was fake I might hand it off to you just as a troll though ;)

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd be willing to bet you can tell if one is fake. I wouldn't want to risk one we're not sure of you just poofing with though. If I had one and knew 100% it was fake I might hand it off to you just as a troll though ;)

Right, your plan depends on the notebook. Man, looks like I got fucked over from the start.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Right, your plan depends on the notebook. Man, looks like I got fucked over from the start.

Well you're certainly playing like you don't have a steal action, but it could be a ruse to get us to let our guard down. (And also I'm not saying other people couldn't possibly have a steal action)

Are your powers basically just the ability to be grumpy in our general direction?

I'll repeat - voting chopbam today is killing two birds with one stone. Don't shoot blind when you're guaranteed a hit elsewhere.

Fraydo cannot be a threat. If he was, he would have done something by now. Go for the notebook.

Also dont fall for jeods guilt trip. And i don't know about shooting cat5. I may or may not lose then. My role pm is shady.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well you're certainly playing like you don't have a steal action, but it could be a ruse to get us to let our guard down. (And also I'm not saying other people couldn't possibly have a steal action)

Are your powers basically just the ability to be grumpy in our general direction?

Basically. I wish I could say I could send out a pulse at night to tell me which player currently has 'my' notebook, but nope. Sidoh had to ask Ryuk and use an address in the series, so I don't get powers. He was comic relief. I'm not feeling comical.

23 hours ago, Voe said:

##vote chopbam

[Vote Counted] Voe voted ChopBam to be lynched!

16 hours ago, Killing You said:

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

15 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote ChopBam

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted ChopBam to be lynched!

15 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

15 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

CL8xHIa.png

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm going on a two day trip with limited access to internet and PC, so I'm extending the D4 for additional 48 hours.

I will be around via the phone so if you have questions or anything I can still be reached via PM/Google Doc, however I won't provide a CVC untill Friday.

Chaos prefers investigating fraydo hoping this way there will still be a notebook in play :haw: Besides, it says Kira has a notebook. If she had one since start, wouldn't she use it by now? Damn, im 60% convinced we may score on chopbam.