[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Voe said:

At some point we have to do this. What do you propose? We investigate every single person in the game and then what? Just agree to end the game?

We have to go down the rabbit hole eventually.

As I said before, I think that it is vital to confiscate the debtnotes as it should stun the ability for people to get kills. Other than that, we could get more information on how many debtnotes there are in play. I also firmly believe that there is a way to victory without running the risk of corruption and/or temptation in case somebody opens one of things. So no, I don't think that we have to go down the rabbit hole, in fact, I'd say that we should stay clear from the rabbit hole and put the killer rabbits in quaratine.

3 minutes ago, Voe said:

At some point we have to do this. What do you propose? We investigate every single person in the game and then what? Just agree to end the game?

We have to go down the rabbit hole eventually.

If and when we go down that rabbit hole, it's going to be by someone trustworthy. Not you, or Cat5, or anyone who the majority of town deems untrustworthy.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Voe, I think I know what their plan is, and it might be the same plan I came up with. That said, said plan has nothing to do with how we vote today, so it doesn't factor in here, but I do think they're going to be on to something very shortly. (And the problem with this plan is if you explain it, the target knows how to defend against it, which is why it's secret)

It's something along those lines. I don't know how well the target can defend himself from our plan, but like you said, it's best to just do it.

1 minute ago, Nodlied said:

As I said before, I think that it is vital to confiscate the debtnotes as it should stun the ability for people to get kills. Other than that, we could get more information on how many debtnotes there are in play. I also firmly believe that there is a way to victory without running the risk of corruption and/or temptation in case somebody opens one of things. So no, I don't think that we have to go down the rabbit hole, in fact, I'd say that we should stay clear from the rabbit hole and put the killer rabbits in quaratine.

Know what I think? This whole scheme of yours is a part of your win condition, which has nothing to do with the way traditional town wins.

Just now, Jeod said:

Know what I think? This whole scheme of yours is a part of your win condition, which has nothing to do with the way traditional town wins.

Heh, not really. It follows the team win condition as described in the OP. If anything, it can lead to me not achieving my personal objectives. But as I've said in the meetup docs, I don't care about that. I'd rather go for a team victory.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Heh, not really. It follows the team win condition as described in the OP. If anything, it can lead to me not achieving my personal objectives. But as I've said in the meetup docs, I don't care about that. I'd rather go for a team victory.

I can see right through you.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

IIt's something along those lines. I don't know how well the target can defend himself from our plan, but like you said, it's best to just do it.

Like who? Who's trustworthy according to you? ChopBam, who refuses to claim, you who refuse to claim, or Nodlied who refuses to claim? Nah, i think I'll pass.

##vote Nodlied

If we have to confiscate one today, I'd rather learn something about Nodlied. I don't need to prove my allegiance to you. I was the one who pushed investigations on Jeod, Cat5 and then Chaos, scoring a non-taskforce every time. What did any of you 3 do this whole game?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I can see right through you.

The events from the previous days prove that you can't. But I'm not lying. I'm going for a team victory, my personal objectives be damned (in fact I could have possibly achieved them by D3).

ChopBam says he's too important to be investigated and agrees to cooperate with me and Orange, now nowhere to be found?

Nodlied who hoarded the notebook together with Chaos and only jumped on the bandwagon when it was almost over?

Or you who keep bullying me and switching votes the whole game? Don't be ridiculous.

I'd really like a final consult with ChopBam before I make my decision. I am leaning towards taking Voe's note as it's a 'safe' option whereas others might have potential drawbacks. That said, I thought I had a pretty good idea who Nod was, but this talk of personal objectives is making me unsure.

I'd really like a final consult with ChopBam before I make my decision. I am leaning towards taking Voe's note as it's a 'safe' option whereas others might have potential drawbacks. That said, I thought I had a pretty good idea who Nod was, but this talk of personal objectives is making me unsure.

I'm telling you, the 'safe' option you're thinking of is temporary. Voe's made a shitton of valid town points.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

Like who? Who's trustworthy according to you? ChopBam, who refuses to claim, you who refuse to claim, or Nodlied who refuses to claim? Nah, i think I'll pass.

##vote Nodlied

If we have to confiscate one today, I'd rather learn something about Nodlied. I don't need to prove my allegiance to you. I was the one who pushed investigations on Jeod, Cat5 and then Chaos, scoring a non-taskforce every time. What did any of you 3 do this whole game?

Well, I never refused to claim. :v Also, I already know who Choppy is and, should I look up the lore, I can easily find out who KY is.

As for the investigation, I really don't need to learn things about you, I don't really care. I just want to have those debtnotes confiscated and consider you to be a player that may potentially ruin the plan, which is why I'd rather have you investigated to prevent you from using it.

Also, what have I done this game? Well, I've been trying to build a team as well as clarify things. Beyond that, I've made Jeod fall victim to a ruse due to his own missplays that allowed us to further the investigation and put down whose side people are on.

Just now, Jeod said:

I'm telling you, the 'safe' option you're thinking of is temporary. Voe's made a shitton of valid town points.

Oh, I *know* Voe is town, but I also know he's not *critical* town. Nod might be a critical power role for town. Kira might be waiting for him to be revealed and then kick things off with a bang by axing him. Kira could kick things off by axing Voe (I hope not), but the loss of Voe wouldn't be as damaging as the loss of Nod if Nod is a power role. That's why I want to again consult with ChopBam to see what he says about Nod.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Well, I never refused to claim. :v Also, I already know who Choppy is and, should I look up the lore, I can easily find out who KY is.

As for the investigation, I really don't need to learn things about you, I don't really care. I just want to have those debtnotes confiscated and consider you to be a player that may potentially ruin the plan, which is why I'd rather have you investigated to prevent you from using it.

Also, what have I done this game? Well, I've been trying to build a team as well as clarify things. Beyond that, I've made Jeod fall victim to a ruse due to his own missplays that allowed us to further the investigation and put down whose side people are on.

You're giving yourself far too much credit.

6 minutes ago, Voe said:

Nodlied who hoarded the notebook together with Chaos and only jumped on the bandwagon when it was almost over?

If you're talking about the late-game reveal on me having the notebook and the anti-jeod case to prove that he's a shinimiwambulance, then you could ask Choppy. I was working on that the entire day.

Nodlied refused to enter a conversation with me, favouring killing_you. Given how he hasn't picked up on Chaos being anti-town in their time together, I don't believe he would be able to pick up on KY either. Thus, saying he knows who chopbam is doesn't convince me, either.

Here is what I propose - investigating Nodlied and securing his debt note. Meanwhile, I open mine and start a convo with Jeod. If shit goes down, I am the only one with a Notebook remaining. You know to investigate me tomorrow and hey, if i turn Kira, it's even better for town as we catch the suspect WITH the notebook. It's a win-win situation, and I'm sure we can learn a lot more than from continued passing of notepads around and plotting around.

I propose transparency.

I used my power of trust to investigate ChopBam. Maybe a waste (and maybe actually pretty dumb for me to meet with him before getting the result :v) but you and I weren't sure about him Voe, so I wanted to be extra sure. I'm now sure ChopBam is clean.

I guess I did forget to elaborate, because I was hoping whoever did it would incriminate themselves, but that hasn't happened. I was role blocked last night. Maybe someone was hoping to stop me using investigation powers, but that went through anyway. What DID get blocked was my special normal ability, which lets me one shot give out trust for proposal at night. I was going to give FRAYDO 50 trust to get him out of the box because he was confirmed town, but my points got ate and there was no effect. I also noticed on the morning CVC that KY's points were not as they should be, so other freaky stuff none of us have picked up on went down last night.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Nodlied refused to enter a conversation with me, favouring killing_you. Given how he hasn't picked up on Chaos being anti-town in their time together, I don't believe he would be able to pick up on KY either. Thus, saying he knows who chopbam is doesn't convince me, either.

Here is what I propose - investigating Nodlied and securing his debt note. Meanwhile, I open mine and start a convo with Jeod. If shit goes down, I am the only one with a Notebook remaining. You know to investigate me tomorrow and hey, if i turn Kira, it's even better for town as we catch the suspect WITH the notebook. It's a win-win situation, and I'm sure we can learn a lot more than from continued passing of notepads around and plotting around.

I propose transparency.

I proposed the conversation with Killing_You for the simple reason that I wanted to see what he was about. I don't think that you have the lore knowledge to make up your role, which is why I assume that you are town. Talking with KY was thus more important to me. Also, I can only be in one meeting at a time, so I couldn't accept your invitation lest I'd leave the one with KY. Also, Chris being anti-town? The investigation returned that he wants to beat us to arresting the killer, I'm fine with that.

As for you accessing the debtnote, no. I'm not up for that. Don't want to risk it, Rommel. If it takes more time to find shit out, then that's fine with me. 

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

You'll get transparency with Nodlied and I's plan. Just not yet, as we don't want scum turning tail and running.

I don't trust you.

I used my power of trust to investigate ChopBam. Maybe a waste (and maybe actually pretty dumb for me to meet with him before getting the result :v) but you and I weren't sure about him Voe, so I wanted to be extra sure. I'm now sure ChopBam is clean.

I guess I did forget to elaborate, because I was hoping whoever did it would incriminate themselves, but that hasn't happened. I was role blocked last night. Maybe someone was hoping to stop me using investigation powers, but that went through anyway. What DID get blocked was my special normal ability, which lets me one shot give out trust for proposal at night. I was going to give FRAYDO 50 trust to get him out of the box because he was confirmed town, but my points got ate and there was no effect. I also noticed on the morning CVC that KY's points were not as they should be, so other freaky stuff none of us have picked up on went down last night.

So we have a roleblock around. Hmm, who could have done that? Who was opposed to us two yesterday?

Just now, Killing You said:

Yeah someone did something to my reputation, destroying my trust, suspicion, and proposal points. I don't know how I had some proposal points on day start.

Or your ability costs you your own points. Mine does that.

Just now, Killing You said:

Yeah someone did something to my reputation, destroying my trust, suspicion, and proposal points. I don't know how I had some proposal points on day start.

You stole them from Orange, perhaps?

Just now, Voe said:

So we have a roleblock around. Hmm, who could have done that? Who was opposed to us two yesterday?

I don't know if it was someone opposed to us/me, or if it was just someone trying to stop the investigation in general. I'd bank on the latter, but it's still concerning either way.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Maybe regen kicked in *after* your points were messed with. Night time trickery, morning regen?

I don't know if it was someone opposed to us/me, or if it was just someone trying to stop the investigation in general. I'd bank on the latter, but it's still concerning either way.

Maybe regen kicked in *after* your points were messed with. Night time trickery, morning regen?

Did you tell anyone who you were investigating?

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Sounds like he stole the points you wanted to give to FRAYDO.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Did you tell anyone who you were investigating?

Nope. While I trust Voe, I didn't tell him anything I was planning just in case he's not the most careful individual with his words. He could have guessed I'd investigate ChopBam pretty reliably, but I'm 100% sure it's not him. He told me his ability, and as we all say, he doesn't know enough meta to fake who he is. The meeting with ChopBam did not commence until after night events.

3 minutes ago, Voe said:

Or your ability costs you your own points. Mine does that.

My ability doubles my proposal points, but resets my trust points to 0.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

The above is if KY is telling the truth, btw. I'll admit, me noticing this is why I'm a bit more suspicious of him today than before, but it could be anything so I don't take it as hard evidence.

I got a PM that basically said "Oh noes! Someone destroyed your reputation, so your trust, suspicion, and proposal points are gone!"

Also how does everyone know exactly who ChopBam is? Like, literally everyone who meets him? Does he post his role PM in the doc?