[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

While you're here, does proposal regen at a base rate without having trust in a player?

Yea it will be written each new day what was the exact base increase, but that's not the only factor that will increase it.

Shinigami, also known as "gods of death", cannot be seen by mortals unless they have touched a part of a Death Note.Thus, they are the most likely to have some kind of special circumstance if chosen for investigation.

http://deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Shinigami

I chose to start by explaining the Shinigami because they are the origin of the Death Note, and through the Death Note, Kira. It's a safe bet at least one exists in this game and it helps to be prepared for the possibilities.

3 minutes ago, Voe said:

I won't even pretend I know what the hell is going on, so I'll suggest following the regular conduct of lynching people until we hit the mafia.

There is no lynching in this game. The only way deaths occur is via nightkills. Lynching has been replaced with 'investigating'. We will learn a player's identity, and if they have a Death Note at the time of the investigation, then it is removed from play.

Yeah a one man scum with the 'evidence' of being scummy possibly transferring hands. So we have the Task force, which lets say is town. Light, who is hard scum. And L who is third-party / Town Ally (Doesn't care if task force people die as long as he gets Light, but doesn't especially try to target suspected Task Force for investigation / possible elimination).

The Death Note can apparently be handed off to other people, though why that person wouldn't turn it in as evidence or something I have no idea (will probably be revealed later, steal back mechanic? Maybe we have to kill whoever is holding the Death Note or risk us being revealed and killed?).

The main point for any Task Force seems to be hiding your identity and gathering information at first.

The main point for Light is to have anyone else investigated while he has the Death Note, and possibly get himself investigated when the Death Note is 'found' or handed off, however it works.

L's main goal is probably to survive with a few Task Force getting killed so he can narrow down who Light is.

3 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

L's main goal is probably to survive with a few Task Force getting killed so he can narrow down who Light is.

Googling my character told me I'm deceased. Doesn't make it any more appealing :v Of course, that's if L is even in the game. I got the impression he's the narrator?

8 minutes ago, Voe said:

Googling my character told me I'm deceased. Doesn't make it any more appealing :v Of course, that's if L is even in the game. I got the impression he's the narrator?

Narrator or not, L is not in this game. And neither is Light according to the OP. Whoever our Kira is has to be loyal to Light, and I suspect there may be more than one. The question is do these Kira followers know of each other per mafia standards, or will they have to deduce that through their own investigations?

Or maybe he can find out names somehow but needs to know who they belong to?

Like, 'You know Hurrru Aroo Tetsokinaroo has been assigned to the Task Force.'

But in order to kill him he would need to know Hurru badooroo whatever is Mojoman.

That's my thought for now.