[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

I did some reading on the last few go-rounds just to see how you guys do it, and I'll say I'm not so sure I want to join in on that train, at least without good reason :p

Instead, might I interest anyone in some kind of circular agreement where we all give each other Trust? Could keep us all even (at least the people that agree) and I do believe if we're all boosted we'll gain back the proposal sooner rather than later.

16 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I did some reading on the last few go-rounds just to see how you guys do it, and I'll say I'm not so sure I want to join in on that train, at least without good reason :p

Instead, might I interest anyone in some kind of circular agreement where we all give each other Trust? Could keep us all even (at least the people that agree) and I do believe if we're all boosted we'll gain back the proposal sooner rather than later.

Like I tell families posing for photos at weddings, "Oh, don't be so stiff!"

8 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

You want to quit so easily, or are you afraid of the result of the first day? We can't have a "trust kumbaya". One or more of us is Kira.

I haven't been able to thoroughly read the rules of the game yet. I'll be home in about 6 hours.

So can someone tell me what the hell can I propose and how does it relate to the game in any way?

We lynch by voting, and proposing 100 times = how many votes?

You can propose max. 100 trust or suspicion points to anyone at the moment, basically anytime through day until you run out of those proposal points. People with most suspicion will be selected if voting ends in tie and people with most trust will have benefits during the night having additional actions.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

You want to quit so easily, or are you afraid of the result of the first day? We can't have a "trust kumbaya". One or more of us is Kira.

I haven't been able to thoroughly read the rules of the game yet. I'll be home in about 6 hours.

Did you quote the wrong person, I don't want to quit?!?

Ok I'm gonna use a meta argument that the bad guy has to be a fangirl of the series and cast 100 suspicion votes on Jeod.

You're not getting any actions m8.

15 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

It's the names that use a font which is more difficult to read. The other fonts remind me of Germanic font, and I have no trouble reading that, but others might have issues.

I'll fix the names then.

15 minutes ago, Voe said:

Ah, right.

##propose suspicion jeod 100

Voe proposed 100 suspicion points on Jeod!

CCsjNCj.png

10 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That happened earlier than I expected. I'll pick up Moonsense's role if necessary.

We can arrange it. I'll send you the role PM and tell me what you think.

2 hours ago, Voe said:

Ok I'm gonna use a meta argument that the bad guy has to be a fangirl of the series and cast 100 suspicion votes on Jeod.

You're not getting any actions m8.

You're not doing yourself any favors you know.

Alrighty, I'm home! Time to see what's going on...

Ok, starting with the Day 1 post:

• Verti mentions the goal 'of the day'...which could mean that day goals can change throughout the game. Take this with a grain of salt, since he could be talking about game days in general.
  • Kira needs to know the true identity of a player to be able to kill them at night. However, we cannot make much progress ourselves without investigating players during the day, which in turn enables Kira(s) to make the night kills.
  • If a hammer occurs, the day does not end early, but votes cannot be changed.
  • S Points cause a player to be favored for investigation in the event of a tie
  • T Points can grant special night actions to the player with the most T Points at the end of a day
  • Inactive players will periodically lose T Points and gain S Points. It is not currently said what the activity threshold is for this.
  • Each player starts with 100 Proposal Points, which they use to grant other players S Points or T Points.
  • Players can have items that allow special day actions.

Now, as for the lore I know that could be useful:

• This game appears to have begun just after Light has killed the twelve FBI agents in Japan. This is just after Episode 5 of 37. Probably doesn't mean much.
  • A note on Shinigami: they are gods of death and the original owners of Death Notes. As gods, they cannot normally die. Their jobs are to write names in the Notes, though. So, if a Shinigami chooses to save a life, this goes against their nature and will kill the Shinigami.
  • Only humans who have touched a Death Note can see Shinigami. This means that, if any of us is a Shinigami, the investigation at the end of a day might be different depending on who has had a Death Note in their possession.
  • Shinigami can teleport and walk through walls, and cannot be attacked physically.
  • If a Shinigami's Death Note comes into human possession, the Shinigami must stay with the human until they give the Note back willingly or die (google doc masonry perhaps?)
  • Shinigami can grant an ability called Shinigami Eyes to their human partner. The ability allows humans to see the true identities of others, at the cost of half of their lifespan. Unknown what effect this may have in the game.
  • There are three prominent Shinigami: Ryuk, who is Light's partner in the anime; Rem, who is Misa Amane's partner in the anime; and Sidoh, who is the owner of the first Note that Ryuk drops into the human world. One or more of these roles may show up at some point.

Light Yagami. You're outclassed here.