[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

My bad, I just assumed Kira and Light were like a package deal or something.

Something we should remember though

Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.

Perhaps this means the person gets a PM from admin with a certain action they have to take? Like say, spending all 100 proposals at once? Of course if it was a PM system, the person who did the action would have to deny they got such a PM.

Then again reading the sentence again could indicate that this is once Kira has the name and face of someone and has targeted them, and we simply get an unstoppable action like,

'Voe (Samuria Jackie Chanaru) reveals that Fraydo is Head Detective Sushi Rollio. Voe proceeds to take out his pistol and shoot himself in the head".
If it's like that, then the Task Force gets useful information (knowing who not to interrogate), and Kira would get an easy kill, but the following night I assume, giving the Task Force more time to focus.

Or maybe I'm throwing out so many 'possible' scenarios because I'm really Kira? Feign ignorance of game mechanics I actually know.

Just making my own objection ahead of time.

Of course that's what I'd want to do as Kira right? Call out my own faults to seem more trustworthy through introspection?

Crap I'm stuck in a loop.

@Category 5 Hurricane

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.

So it seems Kira needs more than just the name, and I'm guessing Kira can't just guess an unlimited number of times until he gets whatever the 'face' is right, or just keep guessing names from the wiki :p.

I think investigations might happen regardless of anything we do now, since Voe has cast suspicion on Jeod. 

"In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end). "

To me, this says that if none of us have a vote that sticks, Jeod will be investigated.

It could only check between the players involved in that tie, so say if two people who aren't Jeod are tied the check only cares about those two's suspicion level. That said, if an investigation of Jeod isn't desirable (for whatever reason, I'm not judging one way or the other here, that's outside the scope of this statement), being given 100 suspicion right off the bat definitely isn't good for those prospects either way.

As far as I know, this is more of a "forum game" and less of an actual "mafia" so change your lines of thought accordingly IMO.

That being said, I think it's safe to assume that this time meta and trivia of the source material would actually matter. Death Note can probably be passed around at will, similar to DS2 Marker shard, except for this time I doubt there would be any clues as to who holds it. I also believe that we might be looking not at 1 Kira vs 9 Town but 10 people with agendas 1 of which is Kira.

The key is to find out whose agendas are generally harmful and whose can co-exist and cooperate.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

In a manner of speaking, Kira and L kind of want the same thing, but it's a spectrum of justice vs a perversion of justice. I could just be bloviating wildly here, but that might be a helpful way of seeing things (or not).

On a broad scale you are correct but I was talking mostly in the context of our current game.

Like Kira would probably want all of the threats to him gone, police (L and co) would want to secure the Note and stop Kira, SomePoorBloke would just want to survive, etc. Remember D1 post? L narrowed down the list of suspects to 10 including some of the Task Force. That means that we also have "people from the street". Who are they and what are their agendas? That's the question.

Also I would personally exclude the possibility of any of us being a Shini... eh, I'll just botch the pronunciation, let's call them Gods of Death. Why? Well, by the game's premise, we are a group of suspects, and I think L wouldn't include someone as a suspect on the list if they don't actually physically and officially exist to begin with.

Indeed, if we can't see someone, it'd be kind of hard for them to be here interacting with us. If they were included it'd still be reasonable to assume some (most?) of us could not see them, yet there's no way to filter this thread, and if they existed only in docs we'd get mighty suspicious pretty fast when someone doesn't talk here at all, or do other day things like vote.

3 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Also I would personally exclude the possibility of any of us being a Shini... eh, I'll just botch the pronunciation, let's call them Gods of Death. Why? Well, by the game's premise, we are a group of suspects, and I think L wouldn't include someone as a suspect on the list if they don't actually physically and officially exist to begin with.

I like this line of thought. I also liked the part where you implied being one of the police force. Can we just get the civilians to come out and claim right now to cut to the chase?

3 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

On a broad scale you are correct but I was talking mostly in the context of our current game.

Like Kira would probably want all of the threats to him gone, police (L and co) would want to secure the Note and stop Kira, SomePoorBloke would just want to survive, etc. Remember D1 post? L narrowed down the list of suspects to 10 including some of the Task Force. That means that we also have "people from the street". Who are they and what are their agendas? That's the question.

I kind of agree that, after having read the thread twice, I doubt that those deamon thingies are among the role. I still have a hard time figuring out how to do all of this but it is becoming more clear now. In any case ##ProposeTrust Chris 20 to return the favour. (And these teams tend to do well.)

All in all, most people seem to be ticking neutral in my book with some being more trustworthy than others. I dont know what else to look for in the posts but I guess that the nightphase will provide us with more clues.

Not to burst your bubble, but L knew about Shinigami before he actually discovered one because a certain Kira let slip that they exist. Remember that in this game we are all 'unknowns'. We don't start off knowing that we're all human, for example.

I'm with CK on the agenda thing and this is why we all appear neutral at the moment. However, I do have two small reasons to want to investigate Nodlied today. The first being that he just returned the favor by giving CK 20 trust points, yet that boon only happens when a player has a majority of trust points. It's currently at a tie, so Nodlied may have done that to appear willing and trustworthy.

Second, I think that if Shinigami exist in this game then the Kiras (if there's more than one) would be actively trying to hide their existence for as long as possible.

##propose trust Chaos Knight 1

##vote Nodlied

I think it's entirely possible that Shinigamis could exist in this game. I know it’s a meta argument, but consider the fustercluck of 3rd party and unkillables we've had in other Verti games. He has a penchant for throwing twists and variables, especially when folks request specific characters.

And before I forget,

##unvote

Alright, apologies for the tardiness, life stuff and migraines happened yesterday. But now, onto business.

Seems to me that we're doing a lot of discussing who or what is in the game. Personally I think it's safe to say that there's a Shinigami involved. As for Kira, if it's not Light then we have a serious issue, as the only other two possibilities that I can think of off of the top of my head are Misa Amane and Teru Mikami. Both fanatically loyal to Light, and both have the Shinigami eyes. If one of these two is Kira, that makes them VERY dangerous.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Not to burst your bubble, but L knew about Shinigami before he actually discovered one because a certain Kira let slip that they exist. Remember that in this game we are all 'unknowns'. We don't start off knowing that we're all human, for example.

I'm with CK on the agenda thing and this is why we all appear neutral at the moment. However, I do have two small reasons to want to investigate Nodlied today. The first being that he just returned the favor by giving CK 20 trust points, yet that boon only happens when a player has a majority of trust points. It's currently at a tie, so Nodlied may have done that to appear willing and trustworthy.

Second, I think that if Shinigami exist in this game then the Kiras (if there's more than one) would be actively trying to hide their existence for as long as possible.

##vote Nodlied

I like your line of reasoning, but I don't think it's enough to indict Nodlied. Trying to earn trust isn't really that sketchy, it's just something to keep in mind in case sketchiness comes up.

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

##ProposeTrust Chris 20

Nodlied proposed 20 Trust Points to Chaos_Knight!

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

##vote Nodlied

Jeod proposed 1 Trust Point to Chaos_Knight!

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Nodlied to be lynched!

12 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I think it's entirely possible that Shinigamis could exist in this game. I know it’s a meta argument, but consider the fustercluck of 3rd party and unkillables we've had in other Verti games. He has a penchant for throwing twists and variables, especially when folks request specific characters.

And before I forget,

##unvote

[Vote Cancelled] ChopBam cancelled his/her vote on Voe!

x5NVYkl.png

Killing You just posted but please watch activity, otherwise you'll gain suspicion :p

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Killing You just posted but please watch activity, otherwise you'll gain suspicion :p

Okay, so we have something to go on regarding the activity rule. Can you tell us if it's a time limit or daily post limit you're looking for? Not that it matters for myself, but information is information.

" A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. "

Basically you have 24 hours to post, and If I post a CVC and I see you haven't posted at least once in 24 hours (it has to be a real post or vote, one liners and off topic don't really count).

The amount of of lost trust and gained suspicion is not yet decided but I'll make a strict rule starting Day 2.

In older flavor mafia games we usually gave a player a gimmick or restricted night action.

Just a small point before other musings, about the special eyes (my braaaaand!):  Technically speaking we could be any point in the timeline, and it has been stated the plot here isn't *identical* to the source material, so I'd avoid certain claims based on that. I agree with the rest of the identity suspicious analysis that KY put out there though.

But that said, about who to investigate today, since investigation isn't fatal we have much less incentive to avoid it entirely, but I've not yet been convinced of who my vote should go to. With time ticking out, if anyone has strong opinions, now's the time, but nothing so far has sold me on a vote.

Another trust/suspicion question though. We can add, but can we subtract from people as well?

You can't subtract, I've already told this once in thread that there's no "##unpropose" command. Once you distribute your proposal points it is final, for the sake of simplicity (otherwise we would have to track suspicion and trust across the whole spectrum, anyone with anyone, which would complicate things).

He's going after Jeod hard. Either 1) This is first round silliness silliness, 2) He's an obvious diversion from something and wants to be investigated? 3) He actually does have some reasoning Jeod needs to be investigated.

I mean, even with 2, that in and of itself makes him suspicious, but I'd be more interested in what he's trying to draw us away from. If it's 3, I'd have to disagree. I don't exactly trust Jeod (I don't trust anyone right now), but at the same time he hasn't really given me any reason to overly suspect him of anything either. He's playing cautious and is suspicious of the rest of us, but that's the smart thing to do, so...

1 hour ago, Voe said:

Alright Jeod, I'm done with you. Prepare to pay for your insolence!

##vote Jeod

How interesting. Did my previous post trigger you? I said, "not that it matters for myself" because I'm active, not because I have some secret to hide.