[GAME OVER] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game V (Big Fireworks Edition)

VERTi60

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I was going to suggest we ask him why he trusts cat5 so much but I missed him already talking about that here.

I don't know who to vote for. I just have this feeling there's some sort of punishment for lynching voe (possibly only day 1) built into the game/his role.

It's a common scare tactic, but rarely done. Voe's said even less than KY today.

For the record, I'm liking OrangeP47 and Jeod right now. Despite our differences in opinion on how to approach the question of game setup, I find Jeod's analysis rather sound. I'm a little wary of finding OrangeP47 townie when I've yet to correctly spot scum behavior from him, but I still like his arguments so far.

Top suspect for me is Mojoman. Also looking at Killing_You to some degree. For now, I'm going to look into the role setup discussions and see if we can learn anything from the combined point of views.

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

It's a common scare tactic, but rarely done. Voe's said even less than KY today.

This made me mull over my assumptions about voe's role and I think I'm okay talking about openly about them now.

I suspected voe was a building, mostly because with all the missile silos it'd be easy for Vert to accept any request for lynch proof roles. I was worried about giving scum an early building pick, but forcing scum to waste a night kill on someone who was lynched isn't all that bad a trade. Plus we probably have a multitude of support options with relevant abilities for this situation.

I was also so deadset on voe being a building that I didn't really consider he could just be scum (or even one of the scum buildings).

##Unvote

I'll have to think about this.

TBH the most trolly thing that could happen, I think, is Voe being a silo, and being unlynchable would give the allies a free pass on who to nightkill and move closer to their victory. We'd be hoisting ourselves by our own petard, as TV Tropes says.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH the most trolly thing that could happen, I think, is Voe being a silo, and being unlynchable would give the allies a free pass on who to nightkill and move closer to their victory. We'd be hoisting ourselves by our own petard, as TV Tropes says.

If Voe asked for a custom role, then he likely isn't a silo.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:43 AM, Voe said:

I'm in. Vert, come up with a role for me pls :v

I actually think meta-gaming about what role Voe might be is actually worth less time thinking about than the overall game setup. I don't think this statement makes any role more or less likely.

My only scumread so far is Mojoman, and it isn't even a scumread. He's just all over the place and not coherent. He did say he would be busy today with a longer day of work, and I also suspect that he's simply treating Day 1 as the "troll phase". It's a weak link, but the only one that stands out so far.

17 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

If it takes you like 10+ minutes to type a post can you even say you were ninja'd? Last post was direct at this.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Voe did ask for a custom role, and the last time a lynch fell on him (see APB game IV Staplerfahrer Edition, page 19) two players went out with him via causality.

This statement is pinging my attention right now. I'm not sure Voe's statement alone is enough to support this claim that Voe "did ask for a custom role"

Just now, Jeod said:

My only scumread so far is Mojoman, and it isn't even a scumread. He's just all over the place and not coherent. He did say he would be busy today with a longer day of work, and I also suspect that he's simply treating Day 1 as the "troll phase". It's a weak link, but the only one that stands out so far.

Exactly my read. He's acting the same way Alstar did when I went after him a couple games ago.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This statement is pinging my attention right now. I'm not sure Voe's statement alone is enough to support this claim that Voe "did ask for a custom role"

I'll admit that I didn't pay enough attention to this. Do you consider that a slip from FRAYDO?

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Maybe. I admit FRAYDO usually says so little that I don't pay attention to him, but with that potential slip, it is certainly something worth keeping in mind for reference later.

Depends on what you mean by later. I'm not too keen on following my read on Mojoman, and I agree with the sentiment that no-lynching today serves to help the scum.

Voe talking about chopbam getting it was in response to my

##superchronoquakedeath

Or whatever I wrote. TBH I'm consistently all over the place in all my games. I really believe no lynching will screw town over. But if we lynch a building by accident we have to double check their claim. Even if they are a missile silo, watching them to see who visits them would pin down an ally. Honestly what I'm most worried about is an Allied pillbox. That would trip us up and get a few of us killed.

I most likely won't post before hammer but I really dont feel confident in voting anyone. Fraydo is his usual self, Voe was able to get in the game but said he was busy, killing you was just trolling. He isn't new enough to be like 'hey friendo, I like being friends, don't lynch a friend!'

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm ready to move in that direction now. If he is scum, we might potentially have found a team connection.

##vote Mojoman

It's actually pretty easy to interpret which post was meant for whom. ChopBam started off with "any first words, Voe", and then Mojoman rushed to Voe's defense with a troll post, but Voe responded to ChopBam by saying "any last words, ChopBam". Mojoman was flat out ignored. He just has a big ego.