[GAME OVER] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game V (Big Fireworks Edition)

VERTi60

36 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I should also mention, after going through the role sheet again it could be that there's an artillery scumbag. Although I'm unsure and unwilling to check all previous games to see if an artillery kill shows the alignment. Anybody know?

I don't think artillery has ever existed before, but I don't think it's here now. Reason being, if there were artillery, then Alstar wouldn't be the target. Right now it's 50/50 that Alstar or Cat5 were the intended targets. Those odds bring the chances of artillery existing to almost zero.

So I just beat the RA2 soviet mission where you kill Yuri in the Kremlin for the first time ever. I thought that would be the last mission in the game.

Anyway I want to bring up Killing You's point about mojo speaking up for voe (again), because this time I don't think it's just a misunderstanding. Voe has made four posts in this thread, two before the start of the game and two after. They've all been at most one sentence long.

On 7/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, Voe said:

Hello :v

On 7/13/2017 at 3:43 AM, Voe said:

I'm in. Vert, come up with a role for me pls :v

On 7/14/2017 at 9:23 PM, Voe said:

Any last words, Choppy?

17 hours ago, Voe said:

Interesting.

I don't see anything that suggests voe is going to be busy? Incidentally I do see where fraydo got the idea that voe has a custom role ("come up with").

18 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Alrighty, I'm home for the night. Let's get down to business. I think the most likely scenario is that the Allies targeted Alstar, and Cat5 protected him and died in his stead. This was the case in APB III when Nodlied targeted Cat5 (I think?) who was being protected by ChopBam. The Heavy Tank is a bodyguard and will die in place of the one it's protecting, even though the role sheet doesn't specify that.

I'm counting Alstar as town for the time being.

I think this is the case as well. I was a little hesitant to say to say so because I forgot if the Heavy died or not when protecting from a nightkill. Personally, I don't think the Allies would try to "save" their silo kill, since they still have at least one more silo to find (assuming Alstar is a silo). 

18 minutes ago, Jeod said:

As for FRAYDO, we have a couple possibilities. He was targeted by a serial killer or, just as likely, he was targeted by a Soviet vigilante due to us suspecting him of a slip. Personally, I think Voe would be someone to target FRAYDO, since FRAYDO was the only one to voice that Voe might have a hostile custom role.

Highly doubt it's a vigilante. The only one I'm aware of (Flamethrower) dies alongside its target. Not only that, but nobody (openly) scumread FRAYDO, and he seemed to be his usual town self. I'm almost certain we have a serial killer in our midst. Can't really say anything about Voe, though, at least not yet.

4 hours ago, Mojoman said:

1. Misread before when people at the start were paging Voe because he hadn't jumped on the thread yet.

2. If I self analyze then other people can't speculate without calling me a liar :v

3. I definitely think an Allied building is in play to give stability to the Allied team in terms of lynches.

4. I misread things like I think I misread your number 1.

Fair enough. I believe you, for now.

4 hours ago, Mojoman said:

As for the nights events, there was no night action from me. If I was scum, I would not be stupid enough to target the guy who was SPECIFICALLY targeting me the most.

That's actually a good point. It'd be one thing if Cat5 was just a teeny bit suspicious, but he was drilling you hard. Then again, well, maybe you targeted Alstar and hit Cat5 instead (see above), but you seem fairly town-y today.

2 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

So according to my previous speculation, here's what we have. Woot, more tables!

Player Count:

Roles

Soviet

Allied

Third Party

Protector

Cat5

Heavy Tank

X

X

Role Blocker

Unknown

Unknown

Engineer

X

Cop

Attack Dog/Starshina

X

X

Missile Silo

N/A

X

X

Missile Silo

N/A

X

X

Repairman

FRAYDO

Engineer

X

X

Other

Unknown

Probably

X

Custom Role

Unknown

Unknown

Probably

Mystery

Probably Not

Probably Not

Probably

Players Left:

The reason why I think there are only 2 scum and 1 third party is due to FRAYDO's death without any alignment given to his killer. And the reason why I think there are only 3 hostiles is because 25% is generally fair for them, but if they were to have 33%, it'd give them too much of an advantage.

Personally, I think Allies have a Spy or other class with a role cop ability.

3 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Based on the wording of FRAYDO's death, I suspect a third party is at play. This is usually the case in games so large.

Allies meanwhile went for the gullet.

Let's follow, use, and continue Cat5's work up till this point since we now actually know with 100% certainty that he's not scum. He was going to target Mojoman to find a possible scum team so let's do that.

##vote Mojoman

Jumped the gun a bit there, didn't you, cowboy? Don't you think you should collect info from the night before, or better yet, analyze his posts and point out why Cat5 had him pegged as part of a scumteam? Especially since D2 just started and you've already gone for essentially the "me too" approach.

So let me ask you this, Sucpect Alpha, what did you do over the night?

I think Jeod's right about Cat5 protecting Alstar. I also agree with him that Alstar is town for now.

The best scenario right now is to find and kill the singular 3rd party member, assuming it exists and it exists with one member. If we take care of that, we're back down to one kill per night instead of two.

I don't know if Voe is that third party member, but I am afraid of stahp-whatever again. Should we risk killing him?

Just now, TheIrishman said:

So, any clarification on what the staplerfahrer is for people who weren't involved in previous games?

Troll role. Converted people to neutral as a night action, killed up to 3 random people upon death.

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

I mean, most of us do have guns. :v

Let's not get trigger happy though. There's plenty of time here and not all have spoken. Plus there's still Mojoman to analyze. I'll get to that tomorrow.

So far it seems to me that the top three suspects are Mojoman, Voe, and Chopbam.

Voe, due to his inactivity and his conspicuous phrasing before game.

Mojo, mostly people thinking his words are suspicious

Choppy, a few suspicious words and one sketchy last minute vote.

Forgive me if I missed something.

Personally I always find a lack of activity as a scum read, especially considering Nod and Alstar during my first game.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Let's not get trigger happy though. There's plenty of time here and not all have spoken. Plus there's still Mojoman to analyze. I'll get to that tomorrow.

Fair enough, just making sure we have our options covered. I would like to know your thoughts on Chopbam, as well as any nightly reports you have.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Fair enough, just making sure we have our options covered. I would like to know your thoughts on Chopbam, as well as any nightly reports you have.

I have no reports. I'd have given them by now if I had.

im on mobile in my bed right now, which is why I'm not doing player analysis posts. I'm usually up around 10a EDT on my off days.

I know it's gonna sound like a Movoe scum team, but I doubt that he is a role like that. Verti doesn't tend to redo roles that were unpopular without drastic changes. I don't believe there is a cult in this game because so far we haven't seen anyone suddenly become buddy, buddy D2.

Though I've been thinking about the possibility of a third party demo truck. I believe that both Allies and Soviets have rocket soldiers or that both have (had)  engineers capable of somehow deactivating the warhead instead of the truck. It would fit the theme of a nuclear installation, the third party demo truck would have the objective of surviving long enough to blow up the remaining players towards the end of the game.

IDK that's my theory crafting.

Also someone has to by lying or we were all just sitting on our laurels last night doing nothing.

3 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Alright, that's fair. Have a good sleep.

MAFIA EDIT: Above meant for Jeod.

Just now, Mojoman said:

Also someone has to by lying or we were all just sitting on our laurels last night doing nothing.

It's possible, although many roles have one-time use abilities that players want to save, or perhaps some info isn't particularly prudent. I'm mostly looking for if anyone watched someone else/was watched, was roleblocked, etc.. 

The wording on FRAYDO's death is really disconcerning to me tbh.

Even more so when I took into account meta from previous games and Soviet Engie role info.
a. He didn't turn up as "murdered by the Allies" which was the case when someone ran into my pbox during the chat game. Weak argument on its own but still I have little reason to not trust it. I would assume that artillery shelling would've also gotten at least a hint of flavor text on it.
b. He couldn't be visiting anyone because there's no dead Soviet buildings atm, and their repairs is his only function at night.

From that we can conclude that FRAYDO died by means which didn't involve Allied actions or careless visiting. The only remaining options are a murderous TP or a night vig.

Overall, IMO, in current situation scum might be more important and dangerous though.

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

If there is an allied engineer they will have surely used it on Alstar to make sure they don't get rekt by a flame tower. Does a bodyguard also protect from roleblock attempts?

That's an oddly specific definition of Alstar's role even though he never claimed anything.
There are other soviet buildings in the game, you know? Plenty of, actually. Do you know something we don't?

Time Left:
1 day(s) , 15  hours, 14 min, 23 sec

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
ChopBam voted Mojoman
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Retaliation voted nobody
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

1/10 votes casted so far
Mojoman has the most votes - 1

Good morning. Bad news time.

My assumption was correct. Allied Engineer is in the play. It appears that scum really do have two forms of objective control - and it also explains why i wasnt destroyed this night. I got the information that i have been sabotaged.

it appears that i was correct regarding part of Town roster. However, we lost two protective roles at night 1 and that does not feel good.

Regarding the confirmation of 3rd party role (killer/cultist) - it's easy to do as i already mentioned in my D1 team analysis - if Radar Dome is present in the game. If not - 3rd party is serial killer and it's most likely that he attacked FRAYDO.

And regarding the Heavy Tank role, im pretty sure that it makes target invulnerable to night kills for one night, even if heavy Tank himself is attacked. That means if i was targeted by nightkill ability then Cat5 would survive - It's not a bodyguard role, more of a jailor without interrogation and roleblock. Im not accounting possibility of unstoppable kills (Tanya, as Cat5 speculated).

1 hour ago, Alstar said:

My assumption was correct. Allied Engineer is in the play. It appears that scum really do have two forms of objective control - and it also explains why i wasnt destroyed this night. I got the information that i have been sabotaged.

Oh wow.

So 2 killers AND a sabotage engie. Easy mode for scum much?

Anyway, that makes me even more curious about Retal's post I mentioned above. Might be a poorly worded lucky guess, but damn.

4 hours ago, Alstar said:

And regarding the Heavy Tank role, im pretty sure that it makes target invulnerable to night kills for one night, even if heavy Tank himself is attacked. That means if i was targeted by nightkill ability then Cat5 would survive - It's not a bodyguard role, more of a jailor without interrogation and roleblock. Im not accounting possibility of unstoppable kills (Tanya, as Cat5 speculated).

Incorrect. The evidence is on Day 4 in the Allied Doc in APB III. Just woke up, will make larger post soon.