[GAME OVER] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game V (Big Fireworks Edition)

VERTi60

You guys have no idea how much I would have liked to join this classic game. Old school scumhunting is best scum hunting. :v But eh, still on a holiday. Go forth people!

Also, Verti, gib acces to the dead doc pls. :v

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

You guys have no idea how much I would have liked to join this classic game. Old school scumhunting is best scum hunting. :v But eh, still on a holiday. Go forth people!

:v

Whatcha doing checking in on us? Get out there and enjoy it!

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

:v

Whatcha doing checking in on us? Get out there and enjoy it!

It's 22:32, not much to do around here. Well, there is, but I won't go out when on a holiday with the family. Oh, and I ran out of grey paint, which is quite important for my grey-camouflaged Guardsmen and front-line ICBM launcher. So I'm just here checking the game. (+ I check dev stuff daily.)

Just now, Nodlied said:

It's 22:32, not much to do around here. Well, there is, but I won't go out when on a holiday with the family. Oh, and I ran out of grey paint, which is quite important for my grey-camouflaged Guardsmen and front-line ICBM launcher. So I'm just here checking the game. (+ I check dev stuff daily.)

You won't find much in the dead doc, I'm afraid, if it's true that we do have more than one engineer and players can return from the dead. Neither Cat5 nor FRAYDO were buildings though, so they're not coming back unfortunately. Point being, don't expect spoilers in the dead doc.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

You won't find much in the dead doc, I'm afraid, if it's true that we do have more than one engineer and players can return from the dead. Neither Cat5 nor FRAYDO were buildings though, so they're not coming back unfortunately. Point being, don't expect spoilers in the dead doc.

Just want to get in there to chat to the people and give them some company whenever I'm around. :v

51 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

I granted it some time ago, check your gmail.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

Is Retaliation thinking from the scum perspective for the purpose of scumhunting and determining scumtells, or is he unwittingly revealing a scum alignment himself?

I like thinking about how games are setup and played. When I was talking about the game mechanically early on it was from a "How would I setup these pieces if I was Vert, and what kind of gameplay would that result in?" perspective.

A lot of words here without a whole lot being said. Parroting some post Cat5 made "at some point." Something about starting a debate. Why, Retaliation, do you suspect there are a number of engineers? Does the Allied team have an Engineer you know about, so it makes sense to you to posit there are Soviet Engineers as well?

Went over this.

"I was going to do [what the Soviet analyzation exraordinaire] Cat5 did but I got ninja'd by him." Trying to associate and align himself with a known scum-hunter genius.

This is slander. It's Jeod I've been following like a puppy.

I have autism. It takes me an excruciatingly long time for me to put down my thoughts into writing. I started on my last post shortly you posted for example and it took me nearly 30 minutes!

Retaliation also fears lynching Voe D1, OK. Let's keep that in mind.

I thought at best we would be giving up a free missile silo.

You were worried about Voe being a building, and on D1 you really didn't vote for Voe because you thought he'd be a building, but the reason you stated was that he could be another explody-hurt-town-thing? Why did Jeod's telling you the stahp-thing is a common scare tactic persuade you to tell us you weren't actually afraid of Voe being a stahp-thing? He really could be an explody thing or just some other 3rd party poop-stopper, and his utter lack of content pushes me that way. He's also been a SK before. The fact Voe seemed hesitant to sign up for this game (he came to the thread only after he was tagged) tells me he doesn't have much time to play, and so now has a role that is really interesting but hardly requires any thread input. Maybe even no night actions.

I didn't even know about the staplerfahrer shenanigans when I made my "worried about punishment" post. I figured giving allies an early missile pick was that punishment. What Jeod's post did was get me to question my assumption that lynching buildings is bad per say (it's not really what he said, but more how I read it). I think the lynch and last night justified that as we didn't lose a soviet to the lynch and we had two roles ready to protect any lynched buildings. It's just unfortunate that we lost our engineer (I also didn't know heavy tanks died in place of the person they protected).

Again appealing to Mr. Awesome himself.

If I was unthinkingly playing follow the leader with Cat5 I would have been the deciding vote on Mojo.

Suddenly a change of heart on Voe?

That was a joke. I don't tend to use acronyms when I'm serious.

Scum would be confused about kills they didn't make. Hey, just putting that out there.

It was more confused about the particular target.

Ah, good to know I'm not the only one seeing some potential issues with Retaliation.

I know I responded to a lot of quotes there, but I thought I would take advantage of the multi quote button while skimming the thread. Retaliation again isn't a 100% case from me, but as I said it's rubbin' me wrong.

See next quote re: easy mode.

I suspect this is why the bad guys are so strong. They are few in number, but they each get a powerful nighttime ability. If the town can scumhunt correctly, we could maybe put this game in the bag through day actions alone. Plus the fact that there are Missile SIlos they need to kill. Yeah, I'm thinking Allies need to be pretty strong this game for balance.

KY, are you telling us you have a gun?

If I may ask a question of my own, what swayed you to vote Alstar?

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

If I may ask a question of my own, what swayed you to vote Alstar?

It took me enough games to figure out that voting no-lynch on D1 is bad for town. Determining whom to target on D1 is still a weakness of mine. I knew when I made the post voting Alstar that it was obvious bandwagoning, but I wanted to say something before the day ended and I didn't have much time. I was also aware that observant players will understand that when I'm on the mafia team, I never bring such attention to myself as I did today on D1.

Fair enough on your other points.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

It took me enough games to figure out that voting no-lynch on D1 is bad for town. Determining whom to target on D1 is still a weakness of mine. I knew when I made the post voting Alstar that it was obvious bandwagoning, but I wanted to say something before the day ended and I didn't have much time. I was also aware that observant players will understand that when I'm on the mafia team, I never bring such attention to myself as I did today on D1.

Fair enough on your other points.

I'll rephrase the question then: what made you vote Alstar over Mojoman?

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Any reason besides the same reason I did?

Probably not? It's so easy to go back and beat up on me in hindsight, knowing after the fact that Alstar is unlynchable. But could we have known that then? There were 2 votes for each player. Where were the other 8 votes? Any one of them could have broken the tie to get Mojoman up there instead.

5 hours ago, Killing You said:

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Voe to be lynched!

2 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##unvote

[Vote Cancel] ChopBam cancelled his/her vote on Mojoman!

Time Left:
0 day(s) , 23  hours, 27 min, 6 sec

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted Voe
Mojoman voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Retaliation voted nobody
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

1/10 votes casted so far
Voe has the most votes - 1

Just now, Retaliation said:

If we're dealing with 2 night kills a cycle, do we really want to accelerate things?

It isn't accelerating anything if we're all suspicious of Voe.

Give Voe until morning. There's trying to fly under the radar, then there's this. Though if Voe is genuinely just inactive Verti could replace him or refund our shoot.

Giving him until morning doesn't lose us anything. If we are successful in shooting him we would still have 12h or so to get an appropriate lynch.

Are we talking about mass shooting Voe directly? I'm okay with maybe one or two people shooting him, but in case it fails I don't think we should go more than that. Reason being, if we fail to kill him by the 2nd attempt, best case scenario is that we kill him on the 3rd attempt, he turns up 3rd party (possibly with him shooting back) 1 town and 2 scum out of bullets with either a town or scum member being shot at by Voe (potentially not killed though). That being the most unrealistic scenario. 2nd best, 2 town and 1 third party out of bullets, 1 scum dead with a town member or the third party possibly shot at. Again highly unlikely. If it does need at least 3 bullets, the most likely outcome is 3 town members or 2 town and 1 scum out of bullets and one town member dead. That would put us at 6 town left, 2 scum, and a third party and only either only 1 bullet or two left for town, while scum and third party could have be at 2 and 1 or 1 and 1. Either way, we'd be outgunned in the end. This ended up getting more in-depth about possible scenarios than I intended but the point is we should limit our shots against a single target otherwise we'll just end up defenseless and giving the hostiles the game.