[GAME OVER] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game V (Big Fireworks Edition)

VERTi60

Sorry just sent my mom off on her drive to back across the country and kinda brisked through things, but this idea seemed to be the most tangible idea right now so I wanted to put out my thoughts before people got too crazy with their guns just to secure one kill.

As for the other things that have been going around. I'm not sure I have much to say, since I'm still on the fence for a good bit of it. Like how Chopbam was grilling Retaliation. Chop made a few decent points followed by a few wild accusations, while Retaliation had a reasonable defense. Although I'm probably leaning more towards Retaliation being town due to being in his shoes during the CYOA game.

Unfortunately I'm not completely familiar with all the mafia role notifications. Like I would think an Attack Dog or Starshina would notify the person that they're being watched if they are, but nobody has said anything, so someone should be lying about their night activity since we should have a cop role. Unless the cop visited one of the people who died.

For analysis posts in general, I don't think I'm quite good enough at them yet, but I can try. The only person that hasn't really been mentioned much, other than myself, so far is Chaos_Knight and I feel like he has been just active enough that he's been able to put in a decent word or two, but hasn't offered much substance. His first post was within the last 12 hours of D1 and the only thing he's really put forward is his opinion on there being a third party due to FRAYDO's unaligned death.

I guess the only other thing I could say that hasn't already been mentioned is that Alstar could be lying about being sabotaged. Obviously there's no proof that he really was and it would do a pretty good job at inciting more haste into Town while throwing them off his tail.

Ugh, I really enjoy this game (mafia in general) but it can be so difficult to discern the truth from the lies.

14 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Chop made a few decent points followed by a few wild accusations, while Retaliation had a reasonable defense. Although I'm probably leaning more towards Retaliation being town due to being in his shoes during the CYOA game.

Interesting. We've got some fencesitting from you, as you yourself have said. But you are also managing to defend Retaliation without getting too close to him. This quote is exactly how I'd defend an Allied teammate. Plant doubt in the grilling. Say there are some wild accusations on your brother without going too hard. Claim you're leaning one way and say it's because you were once in his shoes. But don't push too hard on it just in case you two become linked in public discourse, and you have an easy out.

14 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Ugh, I really enjoy this game (mafia in general) but it can be so difficult to discern the truth from the lies.

Garnering sympathy from "fellow Soviets," who are also just trying to discern the truth from the lies.

Putting Alstar under the spotlight again.

A half-hearted analysis on CK for content.

Really none of these things by themselves would be too suspicious, but it's the post as a whole that is coming across as very suspicious to me.

28 minutes ago, Retaliation said:
53 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Alright, it looks like it's time for some left field action.

##shoot Killing You

Chopbam is going to be so disappointed you called the wedding off. I'm sorry

Looks like it's a shotgun wedding now!

2 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Interesting. We've got some fencesitting from you, as you yourself have said. But you are also managing to defend Retaliation without getting too close to him. This quote is exactly how I'd defend an Allied teammate. Plant doubt in the grilling. Say there are some wild accusations on your brother without going too hard. Claim you're leaning one way and say it's because you were once in his shoes. But don't push too hard on it just in case you two become linked in public discourse, and you have an easy out.

Garnering sympathy from "fellow Soviets," who are also just trying to discern the truth from the lies.

Putting Alstar under the spotlight again.

A half-hearted analysis on CK for content.

Really none of these things by themselves would be too suspicious, but it's the post as a whole that is coming across as very suspicious to me.

Well my first paragraph was mostly in response to this ↓

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Whoa whoa Irish, you can't just pop in out of nowhere and only respond to the latest idea! You've got a whole 12 hours to catch up on!

And then the next was in response to the night phase, then an analysis on players, and lastly an additional thought because I didn't really have anything to say about KY and I didn't want us to automatically assume Alstar had to be town. In mafia it seems like a healthy case of doubt is always necessary.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

So no comment on the outcome of the past night phase or the analysis posts on players and Killing You specifically?

And my lament at the end was just me lamenting >.> I don't try to think about how people will react to my words before I say them.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Alright, it looks like it's time for some left field action.

##shoot Killing You

What the fu- WHY?!

Hopefully I matrix my way out of this. And to think I was about to encourage you to shoot Voe. Might do that myself, actually, since I also have a gun.

That's one way to celebrate your 2000th post, Jeod >_>

On 18.07.2017 at 6:37 AM, Jeod said:

Let's not get trigger happy though. There's plenty of time here and not all have spoken. Plus there's still Mojoman to analyze. I'll get to that tomorrow.

It sure didn't take you long to go from one state to another, eh?

On another note. Yeah, I am not posting too much because we had a couple of THQ's RTS evenings in the clan and I kinda got sidetracked. XD
At least I can access the forums from my work PC when assignments aren't trying to bite my flank :v 

13 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I've been thinking a lot about how scum will react to us lynching a building. It can be an objective so it's a tempting target regardless of that player's activity. There's also no role reveal so while it's probably a silo, they can't just blindly assume that.

Anyway. Here Retal claimed he was mostly theorycrafting about what happened to Alstar but I am still not personally convinced.
Though, I see nobody else has picked this subject which brings a quesion if I am paranoid again or not. Again, as far as I can tell from the previous experience, HT itself will not die if its target was attacked. The description only says that the protection would still work even if HT itself was directly attacked, nothing more. So scum went for Cat5 kill straight.
(This does bring a question of how a building would "hide" inside a tank, however... It it bigger on the inside? Ok, this is talk for later.)

9 hours ago, Retaliation said:

They don't really even interact because the allied engineer can only kill buildings by it's shooting phase action

Well, they can still perform standard NKs like any other non-building scum. *Shrug*

9 hours ago, ChopBam said:

See next quote re: easy mode.

Most of the scum roles also have guns to use by default.
Plus what I also meant is that with 2 night killers in the game, the already unlikely prospect of this whole thing lasting until D7 is quickly approaching "so unlikely you may consider it impossible" territory. Which in turn kinda undermines the whole premise. And let's not forget the chance of "Both scum and SK targeted Silos by an accident N1". Depending on the setup, it can range from 1 Silo left (seriously doubt there'd be 4) to instant GG D2.

9 hours ago, ChopBam said:

we could maybe put this game in the bag through day actions alone

This might go both ways actually depending on the amount of armed scum and Silos.

5 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

It sure didn't take you long to go from one state to another, eh?

That goes twofold, since he went from "KY is town" to "KY is scum." And no, it was not a simple reconsideration considering he opened fire. Not to mention, he never got around to finishing his evaluations, seemingly because I made one tiny error in timing and he jumped on that straightaway. Just couldn't resist controlling the narrative somehow, could you? Thinking about it, this is similar to your Chronosphere mafia play. Make mountains out of molehills, keep control of the narrative, run town in circles, etc. You'd better hope that your weapon goes off, because if it sticks, I'm seriously considering returning fire.

Time Left:
0 day(s) , 12  hours, 24 min, 41 sec

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Retaliation voted nobody
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

0/9 votes casted so far
No votes casted so far

19 hours ago, Killing You said:

Fair enough. My point still stands, but I see my mistake. It just came off as you going from labeling me 100% town to 100% scum.

By the way, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards lynching Voe (in accordance with your plan). His inactivity isn't helping, and I've noticed that he likes to fly under the RADAR as scum/third party and only comes out to play when directly confronted. He's more proactive as town.

##vote Voe

Your cop found something by the way.

Time Left:
0 day(s) , 9  hours, 42 min, 34 sec

CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted Jeod
ChopBam voted nobody
Jeod voted Voe
Mojoman voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Retaliation voted nobody
TheIrishman voted nobody
Voe voted nobody

2/9 votes casted so far
2 voted players are at a tie (1  each)

Vladimir Kosigyn, Neutral Party, at your service. Verti made probably the most difficult role for me: my win condition is to disable the silos (but not necessarily have Allies win), but I have zero means to do so. I had a gun with a 25/50 chance like the Starshina, with one shot to use, and I get a status update on the missile silos each night. This is how I know Alstar isn't a silo; he said he was roleblocked, but as of today, both silos are operational. I trust the Allies to know if Alstar is lying about his roleblock or not.

As for the threat I pose, I think you should be more worried about your serial killer and the scum. I can't night kill. I have no gun left. I can even help you somewhat by telling you the silo status each day. My only weapon is my vote, which is currently trained on Voe following KY's detective work. I suggest voting him or shooting him.

You're down a protection role, a revival role, and a cop role. You're in a sticky situation. I'm offering an olive branch.