[GAME OVER] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game V (Big Fireworks Edition)

VERTi60

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

That reminds me, did you even really win? You're still our prisoner >.>

The silos were disabled or destroyed, as was my goal when I chose to defect. I won.

15 hours ago, Killing You said:

"Random idea: What if lynching an Allied building returned the “cannot be lynched” message, BUT in addition, forced the player to dismantle? That way we don’t land in the situation we ran into with Chronosphere/Staplerfahrer/this mafia, while still giving a fair chance for scum to claim building and attempt to keep the ruse up."

^Bit from the dead doc I came up with. I still think this would be a better mechanic for dealing with Allied buildings. For instance, if this was in place for this game, all that would've changed is Orange wouldn't need the free refill for town to finish off scum. I'm standing by my word on this.

Other than that, good game everyone. I'm still salty at Jeod for just opening fire all willy-nilly like that, but eh.

I might consider your idea in other setups, but in this setup I didn't want the dismantle option (it also doesn't make sense for helipad to dismantle anyway, it would only benefit town). I needed allies to survive long enough to make the silo objective count, otherwise it could turned up to be a very short game (I wanted a short game for 7 days max but I didn't want it to be too short, before silo objective would kick in. Both sides had units to counter each other anyway.

15 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'd actually rather see ALL buildings be reduced to one-time lynchproof, regardless of side, as I've suggested after previous games.

I said before that I would do this if people would start suggesting building roles too often (aka having more buildings in games than intended).

Reason I haven't done it yet is because it would not give the building only partial purpose and meaning, it wouldn't push players to actually work around it and use the alternative means I have provided (it would be like "oh so you are a building? Big deal, we'll lynch you tomorrow. Have a good dreams!"). For town buildings it doesn't really matter for scum as they can night kill them, and for few occasions allies had building, town was overpowered - in chronosphere version town had two production buildings of their own that could rearm others (+TP who could kill both) and in the staplerfahrer version we had a masonry town with night kills, a voe that could nullify alignments and TP. In this game we had another different game objective, lynching allies wasn't the only goal.

14 hours ago, Killing You said:

And this little tidbit from scumdoc just proves my point:

"WAIT. THEY CANT LYNCH ME. THEY CANT KILL ME.

We have 3 days to kill siloses. Please tell me that i am correct. 2 nights is all i need."

I honestly don't think scum should be allowed to do this if they're outed.

Actually what you quoted was the scum overconfidence :p (and ultimately their downfall)

14 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I thought I had something going against Retaliation but I got all mushy and backed off when he said he had autism. Never again. :v

Also finally someone appreciates that I at least attempted to continue Cat5's thing, feeble as it was.

I was really hoping you would drop your suspicion on Orange and CK, since if you would kill one of them the game would be lost for town for sure.

6 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

From my own perspective, you should keep in mind that I was given a role which should get 0 attention from scum and town alike. And to make it worse I had no day action of any sort (to try and blend in), nor had I any night one.

This in combination with being lynchproof basically made me wonder if I should even try to play good this time. If I go on a proper scumhunt, I'll get NK'ed (see Cat5's fate). If I don't play, town will lynch me for lurking (almost happened) and reveal my status to scum which is a death sentense. Or better yet shoot me during the day (then I would've laughed tbh).
Speaking of shooting, every time someone fired a gun, scum got a bit closer to finding me out. Wonderful. And shooting was the only way to remove Alstar who was unlynchable building able to NK.

Tl;dr: playing silo role sucks balls as you have 0 agency of your own. Pls do something about it :v 

The silo play was as intended, aka a bit more challenging. Although it shouldn't stop you to not scumhunt properly, it doesn't really matter what unit you have, scumhunting should be a must in all cases. If anything, laying "too" low makes you suspicious to allies too. Good news is Missile Silos was a themed occasion (big fireworks/july), so don't expect it to be in game too soon, or ever.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

I am satisfied with this game. Steins;Gate was "everyone wins but Jeod", and this game was "everyone loses but Jeod".

More like everyone only accomplished one thing, where Jeod managed to accomplish both of his objectives because allies (and maybe chopbam too) let him :p

But yea I guess game karma's doing.

4 hours ago, Killing You said:

I think I found the origin of this whole FRAYDO RNGesus kerfuffle.

Cursed by iLikeToSnipe. Poor guy.

Wow nice find.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm also going to have to say, btw, this was my first 'real' game as town, but unfortunately as many have notes with the aspect of silos it wasn't exactly a normal game to take some of the normal learning experiences away from. (I don't count the mafia universe game, or the quantum mafia as 'real' games, for obvious reasons, whatever their merits).  

If you want to play a normal game then you can expect in the Chat version, where I don't allow custom roles or too "special" roles from the rolesheet. Usually the amount of power roles is limited to few or 1.

Forum versions are usually always a social experiment though

12 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

1353874897962.gif

IMG_0618_ml.JPG

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

True, we all accomplished our goals to at least some extent, but I find solace in the fact that although your victory was the most complete, your freedom was still taken away.

According to the game outcome, Kosygin rejoined the Soviet ranks again in hopes to stop the 2nd attempt to construct and launch the atomic bomb. Since allies and both missile silo died there was no more evidence left of him conspiring with Allies.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

According to the game outcome, Kosygin rejoined the Soviet ranks again in hopes to stop the 2nd attempt to construct and launch the atomic bomb. Since allies and both missile silo died there was no more evidence left of him conspiring with Allies.

I'm confused, where was this posted before? And the silo that Kosygin helped sabotage wasn't destroyed??? I watched the endgame video and It was the missile itself that misfired into a rather small explosion (impact alone won't detonate a nuke, and if the nuke went off in the base, everyone would be dead) >.> So it should still exist.

According to Lore, Kosigyn defected because Stalin was going to nuke London, not because Soviets had a nuclear program. That's where Verti is pulling the win condition from.

• 4 weeks later...

Our efforts to launch our first atomic bomb ended up in "big fireworks", Allies now know what our atomic bombs can do. Fortunately, a Soviet truck convoy carrying nuclear weapon components from Gorzów Airbase (yes the one which was destroyed a year ago by an unfortunate disaster) is still intact and you must protect it - with your life, as Comrade Stalin order stands.

10th RA: APB Mafia chat game version on the W3D Teamspeak  will start next Friday, 1st of September at 10 PM UTC/GMT (subject to change based on feedback), 

Rules for the chat game:

Days will last 10 minutes, while nights will last 5 minutes max (with 5 minute resolving). Hammers are of course, possible. The whole game shouldn't last more than an hour.

All actions must be written in the Game's room chat, otherwise they won't count. You can of course play the game vocally the whole time otherwise.

All actions must be resolved first before another one is counted, so hold on posting an action if the one before wasn't resolved, otherwise it won't count.

If there's a dispute, use ##timeout (must be valid reason otherwise you are disqualified).

All other rules are similar to the Forum game version.

Role rules: You cannot request a custom role or mystery role for the chat version, we'll only play with classic roles. You can pick a role though from the role sheet below but there's no guarantee that it will be available. Due to chat game simplicity, special roles and buildings will be limited to minimum.

There will be 1 quest role available for the game: The Soviet Truck Supply_Truck.gif

Chat Game Role Sheet:

bOW2c1p.png

(click for larger)

Please let me know if you are available next Friday so I can prepare the game in advance.

On 19. 8. 2017 at 3:33 AM, OrangeP47 said:

I thought the point of doing it on teamspeak was so we could all talk, or is it done some other way?

Yes that is the point but as you know chat works both verbally and in written form so everyone who got their mic broken or just haven't got the opportunity to develop vocal communication skills can still participate.

On 20. 8. 2017 at 10:11 PM, Jeod said:

I always wondered why we don't have an irc room for mafia games. A mafia bot could be easily ported or coded.

I have a vba tool to track the game in real time hence I dont need a bot. The whole apb mafia was first developed as a chat game but still people prefer forum version thats why we never really played  or explored chat versions very much.

On 21. 8. 2017 at 5:27 AM, FRAYDO said:

Interesting that you say that. Maybe we can explore implementing mafia into our Discord. I can pay a visit to our friends over on Mafia Universe and see what bot(s) they use for their rooms.

Yea you can start by making a private room for it and assigning mods.

1 hour ago, VERTi60 said:

Well I'm thinking of moving it by next week since I also might have something. How is everyone available next week Friday? (sept 1st)

I may actually be free that day to join.