[Game Over] CYOR - Halloween Edition

TheIrishman

Conditional MyLo - Lynch Town and Mafia wins.
Time Left:
0 day(s), 21 hour(s), 19 min(s)
CVC:
Alstar voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Jeod voted nobody
Killing You voted Alstar
Voe voted OrangeP47
Kamuixmod voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

1/7 votes cast so far
Alstar currently holds the most votes, 1.
Note: Jeod, Steins;Gate wouldn't be an acceptable theme for any character in this game.

After a reread, something has stuck out that's really bothered me: FRAYDO's result on Cat5. We know FRAYDO was a town cop, and we know he returned a Third Party result on Cat5, when he claimed Neutral. This gives us two scenarios to work with: Either Cat5 is Neutral and FRAYDO was wrong, or Cat5 is TP and FRAYDO was right. Before we move on, I want to keep two posts in mind, as they've provided a framework of sorts for this game.

5 hours ago, Killing You said:

Let's see here for a sec. Assuming the scenario is that the randomizer has acted consistently each time, of course.

N1 Randomizer Hits:
-ChopBam
-FRAYDO
-OrangeP47

N2 Randomizer Hits:
-FRAYDO
-Alstar
-Killing You

D3 Randomizer Hits:
-Voe
-Jeod
-Killing You

Seems to me that it happens in threes. There is one other possibility, though, and it's assuming my ability went haywire N2. That would indicate:

N1 Randomizer Hits:
-ChopBam
-FRAYDO
-OrangeP47

N2 Randomizer Hits:
-FRAYDO
-Killing You

D3 Randomizer Hits:
-Voe
-Jeod
-Killing You

Keep in mind, my post-randomizer hit happened after OrangeP47 was resurrected. This, taken into account that Cat5 calculated 3 Mafia, would indicate that the randomization is tied to the number of Mafia still alive.

Based on my calculations, you should be safe to do so. The only thing that I'm worried about is there being no pattern, but I sincerely doubt it.

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

N1 KILL ATTEMPTS
FRAYDO - triggered BP use
Category5 - triggered Morphogenetic Field

N2 KILL ATTEMPTS
ChopBam - Successful
Jeod? - Saved by Me?
Voe? - Saved by Nodlied?

Ready? Here we go.

Scenario 1: Cat5 is Neutral

Cat5 has already given us plenty of what we need to make this work.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't understand what is up with that, because an insane role shouldn't turn up Third Party on a Neutral, and I can't think of another role that might turn that result. Unless FRAYDO was bussed and that bussing works differently than the target switching we've been seeing.

And besides, it wouldn't make sense as a sanity issue, because there is no known cop role that gives Third Party result on a Neutral. Only one I see in the wiki I pointed the Irishman to that could possibly come up with that is random cop, which is considered a bastard role and I don't think he'd use it. I think his results must have been effected by something else.

You know, ChopBam might not have tracked kamuixmod anywhere, but given that FRAYDO is town, I'm now certain that I was attacked by someone undetectable.

Basically, he claims that Night 1, he was attacked by someone who was;

1. Undetectable,
2. Able to mess with cop results, and,
3. Able to nightkill at the same time.

Ignoring this being a rather absurd role, why would someone skew with the investigation results of someone they were going to off anyway? Sure, this could have been the result of our randomizer, but that would break the pattern that we've seen thus far. (The pattern being three instances of targets being RNG'd). If this was the case, we would very likely be playing a troll game with little to no rules and a stupidly powerful scum. However, there is an alternate scenario.

Scenario 2: Cat5 is Third Party

Before I go on, I want you to look at the above scenario again. Read how much evidence, and how extravagant it would need to be in order to work. Now, back to this scenario. Do you want to know what it would take for this to work?

Cat5 being a liar.

Everything falls into place. FRAYDO's report. The amount of RNG hits. The odd nightkill attempts.

Allow me to go into detail here. Let's say Cat5 truly is Third Party. Why would he hide his identity? Obviously to keep himself alive to attain his goals. His whole disappearing act D2 and N2? I have a feeling he activated an ability that causes three people per night to have randomized targets, with the caveat of him being forcibly absent for the following day and night post-activation. And perhaps it also applies this effect during the day (not counting voting or lynching) , but the first ability successfully activated during the day is immune to this effect. 

Think about it: We didn't see this effect during the day until D3. D2, though, only had 1 ability successfully activate: Orange's roleblock. Sure, Jeod had activated his Raise Dead ability, but it failed. Perhaps this means it was exempt from the ability due to daytime naturally being very different as opposed to night time. It also explains why Alstar's ability went off perfectly fine, but then every ability used afterward (again, a total of three) went awry and hit random targets.

Even if that's not how it works or if Cat5's ability N1 isn't tied to these RNG shenanigans, him activating his ability on himself also solves another discrepancy: The nightkills.

IIt's gotta be 2 Mafia with multikill.

He suggested that the Mafia had multiple nightkills available to him, as an attempt to explain what happened N1. However, due to the lack of evidence for a second attempt N2, he ran into a problem, and was forced to suggest that the second NK was roleblocked. But what if he wasn't hit with an NK attempt N1? Let's look at this chart again, using only confirmed NKs and eliminating the attempt on him.

N1 KILL ATTEMPTS
FRAYDO - triggered BP use

N2 KILL ATTEMPTS
ChopBam - Successful

Pretty straightforward, eh? I believe this is the most likely scenario. Cat5's been tossing around a bunch of theories and disinformation to throw us off the trail.

But the question remains: How does Alstar fit into this?

If we assume that my ability was switched N2 instead of N1 when I ordered it, then we have 3 for that phase as well.

Let's say he has a second night ability, and he's telling the truth here. What would be the most possible scenario for Alstar here?

Well, let's say my ability didn't go haywire, but Alstar wasn't affected by the randomizer. He's already claimed a passive that let's him see who visited him at night. It's possible that he did watch Cat5 N1 while Orange went for the kill (and failed, as we saw), but with Orange gone, went for Choppy last night and claimed to have watched himself by accident? He would have all the information he needed to make a false claim and save his own arse. Unfortunately for him, FRAYDO managed to discover his true colors before being run down accidentally.

Thus the players are as such:

Alstar
ChopBam
FRAYDO
Jeod
Killing You
Voe
Kamuixmod
Nodlied

OrangeP47
Category 5 Hurricane

I'm keeping my vote where it is for now. But if we feel more inclined to hit Orange today, I won't argue.

I’ll look over this more in the morning but I recall TIM saying that nightkill is more dependent on role than base alignment this game, true? If so then OP47 should pose no danger and Alstar should be the target. By his self vote we could assume from the scumdoc that OP47 confirmed his loss of abilities except for the crowbar (alluded to by TIM).

Alright, role claim time? Sure, what the heck.

I’m Dormammu. My day actions are incinerate and banish. Incinerate is self explanatory (as demonstrated earlier), and banish sends someone to the Dark Dimension for the rest of the day phase, roleblocking them and protecting them at the same time. My night action is a bit more complicated. It’s primary purpose is to construct a sigil of dark energy that gives the target a 50% chance to reflect the first action taken on someone back at the action taker. However, there's a 25% chance for it to fail. There’s also a 25% chance for it to backfire entirely, where whatever action my target took will be reflected back upon them. For example, if I cast Illusion on a cop, and this effect kicked in, they would investigate themselves. And the kicker? I have to wait until the next day to figure out what kicked in.

So, I guess, I have to ask one question...

Mafia, have you come to bargain?

Look, I'm not even going to bother. Tactically for Town, you have to lynch Mafia today or you lose. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter. You can deal with me once you exit this conditional MYLO.

FRAYDO's results were false. We don't know why. I....

Did Killing_You just out himself as the reason for the beserk day actions and as Third Party at the same time?

That just sounds like a plausible roleclaim that's very close but isn't exactly your role. It's like you just tweaked a few words, because I don't have to change very many of your words to explain what has been happening so far in this game.

And you've just openly asked for cooperation with Mafia. You're a team of two.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That just sounds like a plausible roleclaim that's very close but isn't exactly your role. It's like you just tweaked a few words, because I don't have to change very many of your words to explain what has been happening so far in this game.

Alright, I'll play along. What do you think I've been doing? How does it explain the RNG both at night and during the day?

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And you've just openly asked for cooperation with Mafia. You're a team of two.

What the fu- where did this come from?

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

I'm referencing the movie. How did you miss that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAfwBPvsMA

Because I've never seen or even really heard of that movie. I don't watch movies. It was difficult to even find a character that would be allowed in this game given that TheIrishman originally wanted to limit choices to horror films only.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Because I've never seen or even really heard of that movie. I don't watch movies. It was difficult to even find a character that would be allowed in this game given that TheIrishman originally wanted to limit choices to horror films only.

Ahh. Well, the movie may not be horror, but a lot of comics featuring Dormammu certainly are.

Funny thing is, I had to argue with Irish a bit, but he allowed it once I showed him that Dormammu is listed as a Horror character for Marvel comics: http://marvel.com/universe/Category:Horror#axzz4xRRoXGij

So sorry for misreading that statement, but honestly it felt like you coming out during Deathnote all over again.

Ha, it's fine. I should be more careful with my references in case people don't get them and take them the wrong way.

So you reflected actions on OrangeP47 night 1. This resulted in FRAYDO getting a result on me instead (which was incorrect) and ChopBam tracked kamuixmod. If FRAYDO's result was an error, was ChopBam's also an error? Did kamuixmod actually do something?

Who was your N2 target?

So you reflected actions on OrangeP47 night 1. This resulted in FRAYDO getting a result on me instead (which was incorrect) and ChopBam tracked kamuixmod. If FRAYDO's result was an error, was ChopBam's also an error? Did kamuixmod actually do something?

Who was your N2 target?

Did you misread me? I said if I had reflected actions. As in, had my ability been the cause of N1 shenanigans.

I targeted Nodlied N1, and tried to target Jeod (but got redirected to Alstar) N2. N1 was either reflection or fail, N2 was clearly a fail.

I just want to add that my original intention was to reflect nightkills with a chance of failure. Everything else was added by Irish for balancing.