[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

So what the glacier flaying is going on in here? What's with that sudden offensive Irish? You've been trying to off me since forever. Is it because there are no nightkills and framing the cop is the next best thing to do? Talking about the cop, I got a light result on Horthy. So retail should be more than able to fight any shit out there for us.

4 hours ago, Voe said:

Jesus christ im sorry i forgot about you guys ;_;

:D Long time no see? What happened? We were supposed to play games on Thursday.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

Irish stole Sunflower's force points last night. Hard claimed that he got a "dark" result with sense on Nodlied last night. Previously, Nodlied had used sense on Irish and gotten a light result. Why would a dark player use sense? Why would Irish invent a dark result on Nodlied? It's very fishy both ways, so we should get something useful if we put both of them up for a duel.

It should be added that if Irish is telling the truth about nodlied being scum, Jeod attempted to get us to force a sith vs sith fight. Since there is already precedence of sith bussing their own, we cannot assume that Irish is not just doing what they've already done. Why did Irish assume there were 2 more scum when we hadn't ruled out the rule of 2? Now sunflower has no FP to defend herself from corruption if he's wrong.

Shade wants it pointed out as well that in addition to being force eaters, Stenne Shifters also have the ability to telepathically affect the perceptions of people around them.

Nodlied, I want to believe you, but the more I think about it, the more I think both sith and jedi can learn and use #sense. So it's not really an exclusive cop action..

41 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

So what the glacier flaying is going on in here? What's with that sudden offensive Irish? You've been trying to off me since forever. Is it because there are no nightkills and framing the cop is the next best thing to do? Talking about the cop, I got a [...]

Also this response to Irish isn't much of a counterclaim. "What's with that sudden offensive" is that he claims to have checked you and got a dark result. If this really happened, of course he's going to be offensive! If not, then you're right. But the way you're fighting him off seems really flimsy to me.

53 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Irish just accused you. And you still refer to sith as "some sith out there." Like you're not really willing to acknowledge Irish's claim.

Irish's claim is bogus. That's all I know.

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Irish's claim is bogus. That's all I know.

If his claim is bogus, then it follows that he has some agenda. Like sith agenda. Town don't just make this sort of stuff up, because they don't want to accidentally target their own.

Just now, ChopBam said:

If his claim is bogus, then it follows that he has some agenda. Like sith agenda. Town don't just make this sort of stuff up, because they don't want to accidentally target their own.

Which is possible. For all we know Irish went dark after I sensed him, hoping he could use that to throw me to the lions.

3 hours ago, Retaliation said:

It should be added that if Irish is telling the truth about nodlied being scum, Jeod attempted to get us to force a sith vs sith fight. Since there is already precedence of sith bussing their own, we cannot assume that Irish is not just doing what they've already done. Why did Irish assume there were 2 more scum when we hadn't ruled out the rule of 2? Now sunflower has no FP to defend herself from corruption if he's wrong.

Shade wants it pointed out as well that in addition to being force eaters, Stenne Shifters also have the ability to telepathically affect the perceptions of people around them.

I didn't assume there were more than 2 Scum, I assumed there could be more than 2 Scum. There Rule of Two has been broken before (multiple times and it usually leads to the death of one of the apprentices). I didn't think Vert would know enough about Star Wars for that since it goes into Legends territory, but if you forget the rule and go by basic Mafia standards, 2 does seem a bit low for 12 players. It's not confirmed in this game that there is a Rule of Two, we just assumed it because that's how the Sith normally operate.

If Shade actually read the wiki, he would've also read that they can only affect perception to blend in large crowds, of 100 people or more. And I didn't bother mentioning that ability in my character PM because I didn't think it'd pertain to this kind of game. Force Eater seemed more applicable because it can work defensively against most Force attacks (I like my BP), or control to replenish my Force, which is the route Vert choose.

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

Which is possible. For all we know Irish went dark after I sensed him, hoping he could use that to throw me to the lions.

I'd offer for someone to check, but you're Scum.

>.> I'm pretty certain the only way I'm wrong is if someone Jedi Mind Tricked me. But Chop rested, Retal rested, Voe was afk, FRAYDO couldn't do anything because of the Duel, and if you made my ability insane, then I would've read you as Light. The only people left would be Orange and Sunflower. Orange is confirmed Town, while I don't think Sunflower is a mastermind who'd expect me to use Sense Force tonight which would've normally left me at 0 FP if I really did want to learn a T3 (which who wouldn't?). And I don't believe Vert would implement the one-time use "make all cops insane" like ChopBam had in Orange's game. Therefore you're Scum.

28 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I'd offer for someone to check, but you're Scum.

>.> I'm pretty certain the only way I'm wrong is if someone Jedi Mind Tricked me. But Chop rested, Retal rested, Voe was afk, FRAYDO couldn't do anything because of the Duel, and if you made my ability insane, then I would've read you as Light. The only people left would be Orange and Sunflower. Orange is confirmed Town, while I don't think Sunflower is a mastermind who'd expect me to use Sense Force tonight which would've normally left me at 0 FP if I really did want to learn a T3 (which who wouldn't?). And I don't believe Vert would implement the one-time use "make all cops insane" like ChopBam had in Orange's game. Therefore you're Scum.

You forgot the potential branch where you are scum and try to get rid of the cop that has been slowly uncovering everyone's alignment, even if the older checks may be outdate. The very fact that you yourself have established why you cannot be wrong is reason enough for be to believe that you turned dark somewhere during the past two days and are just out to kill the cop.

##Vote Sith TheIrishman

And since we need a champion as well, I'd rather go for the one that can get rid of his corruption if he wins.

##Vote Champion OrangeP47

Just now, Nodlied said:

##Vote Sith TheIrishman

##Vote Champion OrangeP47

[Vote Counted] Nodlied voted TheIrishman to be the Sith in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] Nodlied voted OrangeP47 to be the Champion in the Duel!

Uq76CVv.png

5 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

You forgot the potential branch where you are scum and try to get rid of the cop that has been slowly uncovering everyone's alignment, even if the older checks may be outdate. The very fact that you yourself have established why you cannot be wrong is reason enough for be to believe that you turned dark somewhere during the past two days and are just out to kill the cop.

Checking for your own potential flaws is the basis for building a solid foundation for any hypothesis. If there was a good reason for me to be wrong, I'd question it, but to get both a Dark result AND finding out that learning Dark Side abilities is a good reason for you to Learn so few Light abilities? Add that in to Jeod claiming he "had" to duel you and no one else? Also there's the idea of Scum having to Learn their damage/kill actions, it would explain why there hasn't been much for incidents.

Since Dark Side abilities seem to follow the same paths as the Light Side. This is what I suspect you've been doing, and wouldn't you know it? It fits pretty well.

Nod

Unknown

Unknown

[Con]

[Int]

Learn T1

Follow T1

Learn T2

Sense Force – Voe, Fear

Follow T2

Sense Force – TheIrishman, Light

Follow T1

Follow T2

Sense Force – Sunflower, Light

Follow T2

Follow T3

Sense Force - Retaliation, Light

Corrupt Orange

##Vote Sith Nodlied

I'd rather not have to duel a fully loaded Sith...but I'm the only Jedi with a T3 ability (granted it's not strong for offense).

##Vote Champion TheIrishman

I'm inclined to believe TIM now. Nodlied keeps pushing the cop thing and is using that as his alibi. While Cat5 and I did both check on Nodlied, there are plenty of explanations for using #sense, which btw, isn't an action limited to you Nodlied, self-proclaimed cop. Also Nodlied, you are trying to get the vote off of yourself, whereas Irish is completely willing to participate in the duel. Things are stacking against you.

*cough cough* I wouldn't say "completely willing." More like a "well I guess I have to." :p The only other person who might stand a chance against a powered up Sith is Voe since he has the Strength attribute and has learned two T2s, but he didn't do so well his first time around and I doubt he'd volunteer for the position anyway. The next strongest person would probably be Retaliation, but he and I have the same attribute and the same 2nd Form, while I have more powers, so it'd be stupid to send him up instead.

9 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I'm inclined to believe TIM now. Nodlied keeps pushing the cop thing and is using that as his alibi. While Cat5 and I did both check on Nodlied, there are plenty of explanations for using #sense, which btw, isn't an action limited to you Nodlied, self-proclaimed cop. Also Nodlied, you are trying to get the vote off of yourself, whereas Irish is completely willing to participate in the duel. Things are stacking against you.

Well, I keep pushing the Cop thing because I seem to be the only one to actually make some use out of that ability. And the reason I'm not willing to participate in a duel is because I want to keep using my sense to clear and check people. I don't want to fall victim to somebody that has been learning new things while I haven't.

10 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Checking for your own potential flaws is the basis for building a solid foundation for any hypothesis. If there was a good reason for me to be wrong, I'd question it, but to get both a Dark result AND finding out that learning Dark Side abilities is a good reason for you to Learn so few Light abilities? Add that in to Jeod claiming he "had" to duel you and no one else? Also there's the idea of Scum having to Learn their damage/kill actions, it would explain why there hasn't been much for incidents.

Since Dark Side abilities seem to follow the same paths as the Light Side. This is what I suspect you've been doing, and wouldn't you know it? It fits pretty well.

Nod

Unknown

Unknown

[Con]

[Int]

Learn T1

Follow T1

Learn T2

Sense Force – Voe, Fear

Follow T2

Sense Force – TheIrishman, Light

Follow T1

Follow T2

Sense Force – Sunflower, Light

Follow T2

Follow T3

Sense Force - Retaliation, Light

Corrupt Orange

##Vote Sith Nodlied

I'd rather not have to duel a fully loaded Sith...but I'm the only Jedi with a T3 ability (granted it's not strong for offense).

Why did I learn so few abilities? It's because I want to conserve my FP. I wanted to be able to check for alignments for as long as possible, hoping to have the game end by the time I run out. But here's the thing, you've outlined such a nice chart, but there is a problem with that. Remember the night I sensed you? The one you so happily described as learning both a dark tier one and tier two? Well guess what you wanker, I was mindmelted with both Choppy and Cat5 that night. They would have any action I would have done, and the only one I did, which conincides with what I've been telling you is that I've only been using sense force for quite a while now.

Save your false accusations and go die in a fire you little shit. :v 

Are you certain Mind Meld would've picked up on that? It could only target Force Actions like Charisma's Force Track. ChopBam can you explain the ability a bit more for everyone? Although there could still be a passive, either Scum or Racial to help hide. Anyway, I'll talk more towards hammer.

The wording doesn't say "all," specifically, but it says I'll get the results of their Night/Rest actions, in addition to me sending them mine. It's possible that dark actions are hidden from scrutiny. We can't know, only guess.

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Are you certain Mind Meld would've picked up on that? It could only target Force Actions like Charisma's Force Track. ChopBam can you explain the ability a bit more for everyone? Although there could still be a passive, either Scum or Racial to help hide. Anyway, I'll talk more towards hammer.

Considering that it appears to literally send the mind melter a copy of my result PM, I'd wager yes.

Frankly, IF Nodlied turns out to be sith, I think this might still be a sith on sith interaction, which would make a lot of sense if sith didn't know who their partners were. There's be more willingness to "sell the other one out" so to speak, indeed, as it might even make one of them appear as clear. Sith are selfish creatures.

23 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

ChopBam, although it doesn't look like it'll change in time, can you vote me as the Champion and Nodlied as Sith? I'd rather have the ability to use my Force powers first.

My vote won't matter. It's less than an hour before hammer and too many are voting you as sith & Nodlied as champion to get it to change.

21 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Frankly, IF Nodlied turns out to be sith, I think this might still be a sith on sith interaction, which would make a lot of sense if sith didn't know who their partners were. There's be more willingness to "sell the other one out" so to speak, indeed, as it might even make one of them appear as clear. Sith are selfish creatures.

Yeah I'm a little concerned about that. Even if Nodlied does die and does flip as sith, how do we know TIM isn't still sith?

Just now, ChopBam said:

I guess we do have the sense ability Nodlied used. It shows that Irishman was at least light at the time, and it transcends hardclaims, since it was a direct mind meld action.

Irish could have learned dark side powers last, or cloaked himself or something.  My concern is that Shade came back as a force ghost, but neither KY or Cat 5 appear to have. That could indicate you only force ghost if a sith kills you.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Yeah I'm a little concerned about that. Even if Nodlied does die and does flip as sith, how do we know TIM isn't still sith?

Well, hopefully the game will end.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I guess we do have the sense ability Nodlied used. It shows that Irishman was at least light at the time, and it transcends hardclaims, since it was a direct mind meld action.

If that's not enough, there's FRAYDO and Orange who can track my action, Sunflower, ChopBam, and maybe Retaliation who can Mind Meld me, and Voe who can use Sense Force. I'll state right now that I plan to Learn T2 and Sense Force next if the game keeps going.

22 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

##Vote Sith Nodlied

[Vote Counted] TheIrishman voted Nodlied to be the Sith in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] TheIrishman voted TheIrishman to be the Champion in the Duel!

ncRVKy1.png

I thought I remembered someone saying the sense wasn't 100% accurate, but I might be misremembering. It makes sense that someone could cloak though. I mean I have an ability that resists dark powers (50% chance of success). I used it last night btw. I won't be using anything tonight for obvious reasons. :(

So it only makes sense that sith might have a similar "resist light actions" or obscure or whatever. I mean just look at the emperor in the prequels lol. He was literally standing right next to Yoda.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I thought I remembered someone saying the sense wasn't 100% accurate, but I might be misremembering. It makes sense that someone could cloak though. I mean I have an ability that resists dark powers (50% chance of success). I used it last night btw. I won't be using anything tonight for obvious reasons. :(

So it only makes sense that sith might have a similar "resist light actions" or obscure or whatever. I mean just look at the emperor in the prequels lol. He was literally standing right next to Yoda.

Yup. For obvious reasons I'm not sold on TIM being the person he claims to be, especially with the "steal FP from people around you" thing. In any mafia game where people had actions like this, they've always ended up as third party AT BEST.