[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Retaliation said:

When I asked shade why he suspected you, he said he assumed so for the same reason you assume an investigation is right.

Which sort of implies shade could have gotten it wrong.

Then again visiting chop is kind of an obvious trick.

I'm still not getting what you mean.  And unless Shade can be confirmed to have visited Chop either way, it's kind of a moot point. To know what happens when Shade visits a sith, he'd have to actually do that, and as far as I can tell he has not, unless you're going to argue you yourself are a sith (which I don't think you'd make that argument) or that I'm a sith, which I for one know is not true, and I think I have the credentials to back it up beyond the whole shade thing via the proxy argument with Jeod.  We don't know what happens if Shade visits a sith, so it doesn't factor in.  I could muddle that in my theory, but all it would do would be to add you to my list of suspects, which I honestly don't think is the case.

I'll start with conclusion.

Who should we vote Sith?

Chopbam

Why?

Well, I have to pose several other statements to explain.

How many sith are there?

Two.

How do we know?

Because I got corrupted TWICE, once probably by Jeod, AND Irish's action is accounted for.  I'm working under the assumption Irish is Sith as well, but even if he's not, we can account for the action of Sunflower being drained by him. I don't think it's some racial ability, but I do think it's something to he did.  There's really no reason for him to lie about him being responsible even if he is a Sith, though, so let's leave that there for now.

That leaves one corruption due to Jeod, and one corruption do to unknown forces.

Who are the Sith?

I'll leave the case for Irish out of this for now. I think we all know what's up with that.  Besides, my plan has a safety feature if he does turn out to be town anyway.  We go for the other Sith first.  Part of that is because Irish is strong, and we need to "build" a champion to take him on, and I believe the other sith to be much weaker, mostly because Irish clearly has two boons from winning duels.

Let's talk about who is NOT the sith.

Myself:  The contact with Shade, which was later confirmed, the argument with Jeod. I think it's pretty clear these things wouldn't have happened if I was sith.

Retal:  I fully believe his contact with Shade, especially after Cat 5's opinion on the matter.  Again, Shade told me he could not contact people corrupted by the dark side.

Voe:  He's been afk and honest. I saw him do nothing the turn I was corrupted.

Sunflower:  She was on board the Jeod hate train early, and volunteered to be the target for Shade to contact.  I don't think a Sith would volunteer to be the contact, because in the long run Shade would still come back and verify what I had said, even if the sith got a short term game of offing me at that juncture.

Who does that leave?

Chopbam!

What has Chopbam done!

A mind meld with Nodlied, and basically nothing else.

Does that clear him?

No!

Why?

From what's been described, what this mind meld does is share a target's action result/PM with the initiator of the meld. This is not an inherently towny action, especially if you consider people agreed Nodlied was suspicious after we had TWO people confirm he was alignment copping.  Sith might not know who their partners are, or the action is done to try and earn town points. Also, keep in mind, this is secondary to the process of elimination as well.

What do we do from here?

Choose our champion. We can't afford to sith vs sith, as we've seen top level powers at play, and we're not going to win unless we likewise buff ourselves up.  Retal or Voe are the best bets, though Voe a little less because of his low FP. We need someone who's strong enough to win, and strong enough to take on Irish next round.

Point is he didn't say yes when I asked if he was sure about only being able to visit Jedi, he made a comparison. If he said he could only visit Jedi to you, the difference might be that the rules were tightened between our visits. It might also have been a stab at my trusting Nodlied's results and arguing against his Irish case.

Point is he didn't say yes when I asked if he was sure about only being able to visit Jedi, he made a comparison. If he said he could only visit Jedi to you, the difference might be that the rules were tightened between our visits. It might also have been a stab at my trusting Nodlied's results and arguing against his Irish case.

I'm betting the rules were tightened. Shade and I kind of took the communication to its logical conclusion, which may have been too far.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Oh, I get it now.  That was supposed to show you were actually in contact with KY.... hmmmm.....

But didn't Shade say the rules tightened so we're not allowed to do that? :v

There's probably a way around it, but I was too lazy to try and figure one out :v

There's probably a way around it, but I was too lazy to try and figure one out :v

I mean, if Chopbam is a Sith, I have to give him an A+ for effort at the very least.... That was publicly available info from the Death Note Thread, but it is indeed a KY idea.

18 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We must consider the fact, though, that Voe didn't use a force action the night I got double corrupted.

Voe rested the night before and still had 100 FP at the end of that night. Do we know he didn't use a force action or do we assume because all force actions seem to cost FP?

I think we can assume FRAYDO was Town. He has full FP, as if he rested, and it wouldn't make sense for Scum to die during the night. The only chance of him being Scum is if there were two left and one killed him for his power.

Sun rested, so she can't be the culprit. The only way she could be Scum is if there are two Scum left.

Orange, used to be clear for me, but maybe that's not the case. More explained below. If he's Town and wins, he'll get Light Meditation Technique to clear him. If he's Town and loses, it shouldn't affect the FBI as much as a normal Townie's death. If he's Scum and loses, benefits are obvious. The only risk is if he's Scum and wins, but that's with every duel.

Retaliation has practically no chance of being Scum as long as there's only one Scum left. Rested on Orange's corruption night, alignment checked by Nodlied, and visited by Shade.

I couldn't have done anything last night because I just won a duel.

Voe has practically no chance of being Scum as long as there's only one Scum left. GM confirmed afk during Orange's corruption.

Chop has practically no chance of being Scum as long as there's only one Scum left. Rested during Orange's corruption.

If we want to go with the idea that there are two Scum left, we should start with the one that killed FRAYDO, since it's the most recent case.

Sunflower Rested, so again, we can clear her. Not suspicious

Orange could've started off Town but was converted N4 and killed FRAYDO N5, but I'm not sure about it. Or he could've started Scum with Shade being wrong about only being able to visit Town, but I doubt that one. Suspicious.

Retaliation, he seems to be the most Town person present given he has so much to clear him. Not suspicious.

Again, I was unable to do anything.

Voe says he learned a T3, but hasn't mentioned exactly what he's learned to prove his claim. Suspicious. Care to give us some details?

ChopBam has either gone to great effort to prove he's Town while being Scum, or he's managed to skirt/break the Force Ghost restrictions? Huh. Vaguely suspicious. And if you really were visited by KY, can you explain why he lost 40 FP?

So, ChopBam (barely), Voe, and Orange are the top suspects.

Updated Table:

Players

Character

Race

Skills

N0

N1

N2

N3

N4

N5

Sun

Aayla Secura

Twi’lek

?

[Wis]

Learn T1

Resist Dark Side

Learn T2

+10 Max FP

Learn T1

Resist Dark Side

Rest

Learn T2?

Rest

Shade

Dare Komad

Whiphid

[Con]

[Wis]

Learn T1 + Protect Self

Duel -10 FP

-10 FP

-20 FP

-30 FP

+5 FP

OP47

Unknown

Unknown

[Dex]

[Cha]

Holo-Pad – Shade

Track Force TheIrishman – No Force Used

Learn T1

Track Force Nodlied – Sense Alignment

Learn T2

Rest

Learn T1

Track Force – Voe – No Force Used

"Hibernation Trance"

Nod

Tichal Momicki

Human

[Con]

[Int]

Learn T1

Learn T2

Sense Force – Voe, Fear

Sense Force – TheIrishman, Light

Sense Force – Sunflower, Light

Sense Force – Retal, Light

+ 10 FP

Jeod

Darth Voss

“Human”

[Dex]

[Cha]

Learn T1

? (-10 FP)

Learn T2

Duel  -10 FP

-10 FP

-10 FP

-10 FP

KY

John Ennis

Mandalore

[Str]

[Wis]

“Failed Holo-Pad – Orange”

+10 Max FP

Learn T1

Learn T2

Duel +5 FP

+5 FP

-40 FP

Retal

Senaviev

Human

[Con]

[Wis]

Learn T1

+10 Max FP

Learn T2

+10 Max FP

Learn T1

+10 Max FP

Duel

Rest

T2?

Cat 5

Christina Starleaper

Kiffar

[Dex]

[Wis]

Learn T1

Learn T2

Learn T1

Mind Meld – Nodlied

Rest

Duel +5 FP

+ 1 FP

Irish

Faelyn The Seeker

Stennes Shifter

[Con]

[Int]

Learn T1

Learn T2

Duel

Learn T1

Learn T2

Rest

Learn T3

Sense Force – Nodlied – Dark

Eat Force - Sunflower

Duel

FRAY

Rayd K’no Ozan

Mirillian

[Dex]

[Cha]

Holo-Pad – Orange

Sense Meditation

Force Track Orange – Force Track

Force Track – TheIrishman – No Force Used

Learn T1

Hibernation Trace

Duel

Rest?

Died

Voe

Hermit VolDergar

Kaleesh

[Str]

[Int]

Learn 2 T1

Learn 2 T2

Duel

Rest

Nothing?

Learn T3

Chop

Unknown

Human

[Dex]

[Wis]

Learn T1

Learn T2

Mind Meld – Nodlied

Learn T1

Rest

"Mind Meld"

Learn T2

I claimed to attempt to Mind Meld with Orange before he said he did a hibernation trance. Logically, I had some kind of knowledge of an action being blocked on Orange, whether it was Mind Melding or something else. Which means logically I could not have targeted FRAYDO. I have 30 FP unaccounted for in a non night special action, which is my second T2 Learning, so the chart is correct on that.

No, I cannot explain why KY lost 40 FP. He says he is not allowed to tell me.

If it matters any, sorry for not believing you earlier on ghost visits, Retaliation. :v

I want to go back and see if I can find holes in TheIrishman's arguments, but I'm too lazy to dig through 75 pages.

In short, Orange, Retal, and I have had visits from force ghosts. Nodlied's sense on TIM might have been altered, but that's the strongest thing going for him right now. If he is sith, then either it's a two-man team (with Voe having gone for higher corruption or Sunflower--which is less likely due to us town reading her), or dark actions (like killing fraydo) probably don't cost any force points. I'm not sure I believe that last one but KY is pretty convinced that can happen.

KY pointed out a meta-play in Irish, similar to last game in that he is hesitant to do much more than spout the facts until he gains town trust. At that point he goes for somebody's jugular (in this case, Nodlied). In any event, if Irish really did do a sense on Nodlied and give us his result, it was wrong. Irish didn't even allow for the fact that his sense could have been wrong when zeroing in on Nodlied. No mention of his faulty sense today... but look at what he believed yesterday:

On 2/5/2018 at 3:11 PM, TheIrishman said:

>.> I'm pretty certain the only way I'm wrong is if someone Jedi Mind Tricked me. But Chop rested, Retal rested, Voe was afk, FRAYDO couldn't do anything because of the Duel, and if you made my ability insane, then I would've read you as Light. The only people left would be Orange and Sunflower. Orange is confirmed Town, while I don't think Sunflower is a mastermind who'd expect me to use Sense Force tonight which would've normally left me at 0 FP if I really did want to learn a T3 (which who wouldn't?). And I don't believe Vert would implement the one-time use "make all cops insane" like ChopBam had in Orange's game. Therefore you're Scum.

Is that a slip? Do you know the name of the action that changes a sense result? Was it applied to Nodlied on the night he looked your way?

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

But I did say I was going to do it, in advance, the day before.

It would be extremely risky for me to make my claim, basing my entire game on believing that you did what you said you'd do...

I'll ask him.

It's also occurred to me that Sunflower and Irish are actually a team, and this whole "stealing force points" thing was faked to cover up a powerful action that Sunflower used. At this point I'm brainstorming for options, and that might seem like a stretch. I still think it's very unlikely this is the case though, because Sunflower's post tips me off here:

On 2/4/2018 at 7:56 PM, Sunflower said:

I think there's like a 95% chance that our sith pair is Irish and Nodlied.

I don't think she would peg Irish as "95% chance scum" if she was on a team with him.

KY says we can figure it out for ourselves as to what he's been up to. It's a bit cryptic if you ask me, but I don't think he's eager to push the line again with the rules. But he also said it's not an issue so we shouldn't worry too much about it.

Following from TIM's post, we might be tempted right now to ask ourselves the corruption questions:

1) Was Voe's corruption actually stopped?

2) Has Orange's corruption continued?

But that doesn't answer who the remaining scum was after Jeod died. I think everything still points to TheIrishman, especially after this Nodlied fiasco, which TheIrishman seems to have completely ignored so far today.

##vote sith TheIrishman

If I'm the champion today, I'll probably die. But who knows, RNGsus might be with me.